Page 44 of 513 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    Administrator

True true. I do love their burgers as well. Though I feel that's only if I'm reallly craving a good "burger." Cause after paying I fee I could've gone to Applebee's right around the corner and got a steak for the same price. Though Red Robin gets the unlimited fries aspect. Applebee's wins for best fries on that.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I've only been to Applebee's once recently. It was pretty good, but I don't remember if I had the fries or not.

I do go to TGI Friday's a lot thanks to their great offers, but their fries are usually salty. They have salt shakers right at the tables, let the customer decide how much they want!

Administrator

Well actually I got an odd bit to why I like Applebee's fries. When I do eventually go. I get a steak typically just to get something I don't often have. When it's made just right. The juice from the steak comes off and the fries usually absorb it making them way better. If seasoned just right makes a difference too.

Sadly then only TGI Friday's in town was near the Masters Golf course. Aaaaaand lately they've been waving their money around buying up a TON of property near the course (for unknown reasons and some just for extra parking). TGI Fridays being one of those places they bought. You can probably ask them for the fries to be made with no salt. I've heard that's how you get fresh fries at fast food places. Just ask for the fries with no salt. They gotta make a brand new batch.

The time is upon us...

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Ugh. I think Applebee's is trash. At least the ones around me.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Administrator

It is weird, but yeah sometimes it's all about the staff that run it. Like some days the one nearest to me does well. Some days they just aren't good at all.

It's like a Pizza Hut I went to once. The one closest to me does an amazing job. This one we went to in Alabama on the trip back home from New Mexico once. I can't even begin with how bad it was. Pizza seemed underdone and it took over an hour to make with only two groups in there. The place looked dirty from the start and I just could've believe it was even still open. Just know I'm never going back to that one ever again.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Ugh. I think Applebee's is trash. At least the ones around me.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I know how bad they can get. We had one at the Livingston mall that closed down, and good thing too. We had one incident where they were clearing the table behind us and they sprayed my brother and his friend James in the back with soup or whatever the heck that gunk was. Their backs were completely covered with that stuff. Their solution was "oh, hey, so free dessert?" Usually a restaurant pays for dry cleaning or something like that. Didn't take it.

And then there was the incident where my sister found a grasshopper in her salad. And that was the last we ever went to that place. Closed down about a year later and it took a long time for us to ever try another Applebee's again. I wonder if it was a lawsuit that nailed them.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

The Applebees near me isn't too bad, but I also would opt for something a bit cheaper if I had the option.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Yeah, any place that is a sit down restaurant and has waiter service is going to involve a tip. You definitely can save quite a bit of money just going with something else where you get on line, pick it up yourself, and bring it to your own table in a dining area or take it out. And there's plenty of places like that.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

HAHA so okay I was driving down the road today and did a double take because the Applebee’s apparently closed while I was in DC!! As did the chili’s and bojangles right there too!!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Best one I found is a county over from me. Good service, everything cooked just right, etc. can't say anywhere I go will always be like that, but it's nice when it all comes out just right.

The time is upon us...