Page 45 of 513 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
    garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Oh yeah, there was also a shooting at the Applebee's near me. Add that to the list.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Administrator

Sounds like a dangerous part of town. There's a good list of those around here too. Especially downtown.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Oh yeah, there was also a shooting at the Applebee's near me. Add that to the list.
    Yeah, I would say that could go right at the top of reasons not to go there.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    It was pretty much the border of my town (West Windsor) and Lawrenceville. Not a bad area really, but you never know.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah you never really do know. One of my friends from Chicago got shot last weekend during a driveby.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah you never really do know. One of my friends from Chicago got shot last weekend during a driveby.
    Holy crap, I hope they're okay...

Yeah, I've heard Chicago is infested with crime. I give a big "no thanks" to ever going there.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Holy crap, I hope they're okay...

Yeah, I've heard Chicago is infested with crime. I give a big "no thanks" to ever going there.
    Crime rates have been going up lately but according to the several friends i have living there, it's primarily in Southern Chicago, which is where my friend who got shot is from. My other two friends are from other parts and it's rare for anything to happen where they live. One of them in particular rarely has any problems because the demographic is primarily like Germans and Swedes. My other friend is in an area where it's a bit more mixed, but again not much going on there. My friend who got shot is in an area that is largely low income so stuff happens.

And yes, he is fine. Fractured pelvis but he got discharged yesterday and will be able to walk with a cane by the time college starts on the 22nd. He actually shielded his little cousin from the bullets so he's just glad his cousin was okay.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Crime rates have been going up lately but according to the several friends i have living there, it's primarily in Southern Chicago, which is where my friend who got shot is from. My other two friends are from other parts and it's rare for anything to happen where they live. One of them in particular rarely has any problems because the demographic is primarily like Germans and Swedes. My other friend is in an area where it's a bit more mixed, but again not much going on there. My friend who got shot is in an area that is largely low income so stuff happens.

And yes, he is fine. Fractured pelvis but he got discharged yesterday and will be able to walk with a cane by the time college starts on the 22nd. He actually shielded his little cousin from the bullets so he's just glad his cousin was okay.
    That dude is a hero. Seriously. It takes some extremely tough, titanium balls to accept getting shot to save someone else's life.

He may need to walk with a cane, but he'll walk stronger than any of us have.

Administrator

Yeah for sure it takes a lot of guts and balls to jump in at a moments notice to save someone else's life. That just helps show true heroism though. Sometimes you just don't have time to think, but just do.

I have a friend up in Chicago (I haven't talked to in years, but still there) and he's had his share of close calls. Major ones being where he was held at gunpoint and the other being he fell down stairs causing his lung to collapse and a few broken ribs. Told me all the time how you can't really go into the big city without seeing some major crime.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah my friend that lives in the somewhat nice neighborhood told me one time her dad got held at gunpoint near their house. So your friend is right. You don't live in a big city without any major crimes occurring. When I was in DC, we heard police almost every single night.
    / / / / / / / /