Page 56 of 513 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah I wish I could go but summer classes.
    Who knows cause it’ll probably be late August again as usual. Around time when schools start back. So if things change let me know, if not that’s alright. Just trying to plan for all possibilities and get all the friends close by notified early enough to plan for it. Knowing you were in DC these past few months I figured it was worth mentioning and asking in case.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Who knows cause it’ll probably be late August again as usual. Around time when schools start back. So if things change let me know, if not that’s alright. Just trying to plan for all possibilities and get all the friends close by notified early enough to plan for it. Knowing you were in DC these past few months I figured it was worth mentioning and asking in case.
    Ah yeah if that's the case I'll be in school then
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Ah yeah if that's the case I'll be in school then
    Next year I’ll be participating in the Pokken Tournament LCQ for sure. So I’d be on the stream win or lose for that. I just gotta keep in touch with where in DC and when for future references.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I doubt I'll be able to watch but yeah.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I'm gonna see Panic at the Disco in January! Woot woot!

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Haven't heard of that group, but have fun and enjoy it!

Still, January feels like a ways off.

Administrator

Dance Dance! Panic at the Disco is pretty cool! Haven’t heard much from them in a while though. Sounds like fun! Hope it’s good fun and a great experience!

Yeah that’s a ways off just like Christmas and next August xD. Seriously, I feel odd not being surrounded by some big Pokémon event now. Something about the atmosphere was just so amazing while there. Funny enough during the weekend. There were two groups performing together at the Bridgestone Arena right across from the Music City Center where the Pokémon event was being held.
    Def Leppard and Journey. Too bad tickets were being sold at premiums for that.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Christmas break at my office is hilarious. The whole site shuts down from pretty much Christmas Eve until the day after New Years, yet so many people waste their vacation days here!

I just work from home (couldn't even work at the office if I wanted to) and save my vacation days for other times! Because during that whole time, no one else is on and no one is giving you work, so just prop your laptop open, fiddle with a few things, watch the email inbox do essentially nothing, and be paid anyway! And even if you do get work, usually it's super-simple or it doesn't take that long anyway. But really, unless you're traveling (which isn't a great idea to do for the holidays anyway), I'd just stay home and take advantage of a week that's definitely not going to be full of expectations.

Administrator

That’s amazing to get a long break like that for Christmas and New Years. Especially if it’s just given to you like that with no vacation time needed for it. Also having nothing to do and getting paid for it sounds good as long as you can do what you want until work is being given.

What all I have to do sucks. Sadly still haven’t found anything new yet, haven’t been given anything new, and still haven’t had anyone contact me yet. Still got my fingers crossed and praying for the best. Now with your new job though that you have you might not have all that much time and the same breaks though right? Or is it all a part of the same group?

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    That’s amazing to get a long break like that for Christmas and New Years. Especially if it’s just given to you like that with no vacation time needed for it. Also having nothing to do and getting paid for it sounds good as long as you can do what you want until work is being given.

What all I have to do sucks. Sadly still haven’t found anything new yet, haven’t been given anything new, and still haven’t had anyone contact me yet. Still got my fingers crossed and praying for the best. Now with your new job though that you have you might not have all that much time and the same breaks though right? Or is it all a part of the same group?
    Unfortunately it's not just given to us. Taking those days off will burn away vacation time. Which is why I don't do it. Why burn a bunch of vacation days away when you're honestly not going to be expected to do much anyway? Being a contractor is like renting a car. You still have to pay for how long you have them regardless of whether they're being used.

I just started with these new roles, so yeah, I probably won't have very much vacation time accrued anyway. But I think the few days I have would just be used around Thanksgiving break instead so I can just take that whole week off.