Page 61 of 513 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Well I hadn’t heard officially from anyone about it, but I did just get back from a good vacation too. It could have been decided during that time and they’ve just been too busy since then to get with me on it. Especially with Labor Day weekend. Plus my schedule for the week after the next shows M-F 5am-1pm. So that’s a good sign unless it’s wrong. Cause there’s someone taking over the scheduling for the front starting this week. So it could potentially be wrong. It’s just a good sign if it is because he did say I’m moving back there “from what he heard.” That is the normal schedule for that position too. Can’t cashier while the store isn’t even open. So there’s that.

Oh I’ve heard crazy things like those office stores too. You should hear the ones my dad have told me about his new job and how he was taught in training classes to do things versus what they’re telling him to do paperwork wise now via signatures. So confusing and improper.
    Still, I'd say wait until it's official. You never really know. I've had hunches about some things and they weren't entirely true.

Oh, I've seen plenty of that. And worse. I had one job where I was expected to lie all the time and tell people "it's being worked on" when really it wasn't and it was just getting swept under the rug. Couldn't stand that position at all.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

So guess who almost passed out/threw up due to heat exhaustion?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Some guy in Death Valley?

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Still, I'd say wait until it's official. You never really know. I've had hunches about some things and they weren't entirely true.

Oh, I've seen plenty of that. And worse. I had one job where I was expected to lie all the time and tell people "it's being worked on" when really it wasn't and it was just getting swept under the rug. Couldn't stand that position at all.
    True, true. That’s why I’m not holding my breath until I hear from them directly on it. The manager that usually schedules the front retired. So I dunno if she made that schedule or the one taking over for her. They’ve had me in the system forever now with exactly what position I wanted. Yet, placed me on a register instead. So the new manager could have not known and left me on as it would have normally placed me for that position.

I hate that. Having to lie just because the higher ups can’t donthkngs properly or keep up. It’s not very proper. Good to know you got out of there when you could. It’s not worth it in that case.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

NOW do you see why I like winter more?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Some guy in Death Valley?
    I mean yeah but also me~

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    NOW do you see why I like winter more?
    Nope. Because under normal circumstances this kind of thing wouldn't happen. I was in close quarters surrounded by three 400 degree food heaters in 100 degree weather wearing pants and a thick polo shirt on top of a t-shirt per the required uniform of my job with no accessible cold water because we're required to pay for the water if we want it.

For reference, I have actually passed out due to the cold before. Multiple times. Heat I can take. Cold I cannot.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

I mean yeah but also me~

Nope. Because under normal circumstances this kind of thing wouldn't happen. I was in close quarters surrounded by three 400 degree food heaters in 100 degree weather wearing pants and a thick polo shirt on top of a t-shirt per the required uniform of my job with no accessible cold water because we're required to pay for the water if we want it.

For reference, I have actually passed out due to the cold before. Multiple times. Heat I can take. Cold I cannot.
    You can’t carry your own water bottle with you? That’s unhealthy of them. A big health risk factor like that can really hurt them. I couldn’t do that myself. I mean I can cook up a pretty good meal when I really want to, but I can’t take the heat. I’d take the north’s winter any day over the summer...

Although now I’m super spoiled. I can’t wait until next August already xD. Next PWC will be awesome. I’ve still got 300+ days to practice up.

But seriously. Take care of yourself. Get a water bottle with ice or sneak one in and take breaks with it. Hydration is very important. It’s more important to look after your own health than risk passing out from heat exhaustion.

The time is upon us...

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Help. I met a guy named Dalton and I started dying bc of that Dunkey prank call where he prank calls Pizza Hut and tells a guy named Dalton to hang a photo of a giraffe in front of the stoor.

You can’t carry your own water bottle with you? That’s unhealthy of them. A big health risk factor like that can really hurt them. I couldn’t do that myself. I mean I can cook up a pretty good meal when I really want to, but I can’t take the heat. I’d take the north’s winter any day over the summer...

Although now I’m super spoiled. I can’t wait until next August already xD. Next PWC will be awesome. I’ve still got 300+ days to practice up.

But seriously. Take care of yourself. Get a water bottle with ice or sneak one in and take breaks with it. Hydration is very important. It’s more important to look after your own health than risk passing out from heat exhaustion.
    I'm pretty sure she knows about hydration.........

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I'm pretty sure she knows about hydration.........
    Of course she does. Doesn’t hurt to relist it out with points.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Technically, no, we're not allowed to bring in any bags or water bottles or anything because we don't have to pass through the metal detectors that attendees to the games do. They want to be sure we don't sneak a bomb into the stadium or something. But some of us will smuggle in bottles and such. I actually did have a small 12 liter bottle with me and downed it several times, refilling it with tap water. Believe it or not, it just made things worse. I became extremely nauseous the more water I drank. On top of that, I was on water bottle duty so I was soaking wet the whole time because all the ice we kept the bottles in kept melting. Again, only made things worse. There are technically water fountains on the premises but they're not easily accessible since they're outside the concession stands, which means if we're swamped like we were today, no one is able to leave and get water. So if you aren't able to get your own bottle past security, you're screwed essentially unless you have money on you.

Trust me, if I had the option, I would've taken a break. The company doesn't allow it. They have surprise inspections at all the stands so one time I got caught sitting down while I was overheating and the inspector gave us a strike for it. We couldn't risk arguing or explaining or else we'd get another strike. So trust me, you can list out all the points on hydration you want, it won't do much good for me or anyone else unless the company changes their policies, which won't happen.
    / / / / / / / /