Page 71 of 513 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yep yep. And I’m still scheduled to have class on Monday.
    Some professors are pretty stingy about canceling class. For them, it often means having to rework their whole lesson plan and find ways to catch up without leaving everyone behind. Of course, in a life and death situation, NONE OF THAT MATTERS, but yeah, if there's only going to be a nominal amount of wind and rain, they'd probably want to get that class in.

Although I'll never forget my one desktop publishing professor that canceled like half the classes, stripped like a quarter of the assignments out of syllabus, and was extremely easy to please. Boy, easiest A ever!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I had a class like that last semester. Good stuff.

But yeah and what’s worse is the only class I have Monday I’m going to have a test in Wednesday so I need to be there for the review.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Man I tell you it’s amazing when you find a professor/Dr that is so relateable to you in class. They usually make things so much easier to work with rather than working completely against you (like one Dr I had for Anatomy). Seriously that one pretty much told me “you’re responsible for everything.” Gave is no PowerPoints to study, but had them made for the lesson plan. One I had too had it where attendance was added to your grade. Miss one day and it was 25 points off. That’s when my first lung collapse happened too. I made sure to give each professor my doctor excuse from that. So once I reminded her. That changed my failing grade back up to a 90 something (can’t remember xD. It’s been 6 years now).

But yeah seriously. In a life or death situation. It’s more worth looking after making sure you are safe and well than riskin your life.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

For the most part, my MBA classes weren't so bad. If you could rock PowerPoint presentations and didn't mind speaking in front of the whole class, the whole program was your oyster. Sure, there were lots of group projects, but basically it came down to "okay, Bob, you do slides 1-9 about ABC, I'll do slides 10-15 about DEF, and Jill does slides 16-21 about GHI and we should be gold." Bam. And usually when you do a Master's program, everyone is serious about doing well. The slackers and loafers usually aren't the kinds of people out to get graduate degrees in the first place.

The fact my university didn't require a thesis was a MAJOR selling point for me going there. Sure, they had an assessment thingy to make up for it, but that wasn't so bad and my group aced that thing without too much of an issue. Even though we had to present in front of a review panel, by the time we got to that point, we were so used to presentations that it was honesty pretty easy-cheesy.

Having Photoshop skill and being able to make PowerPoints look a little extra pretty and professional helped a lot with these. ;3

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Sure you say my grades aren’t worth the risk but trust me when I say it’s a life or death situation if I don’t make good grades.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Sure you say my grades aren’t worth the risk but trust me when I say it’s a life or death situation if I don’t make good grades.
    Grades don't mean jack diddly-doh-ha if you're dead. If your parents ever get that much on your case even when the life-threatening danger is clear, there's always the option to disown them and declare independence.

And yeah, I'm sure this happens every day on a daily basis with at least someone.

Administrator

Yeah uh...I'm sure continuing to live is better than going out there saying "I'll make it to class or die trying." It's really not worth it whatsoever if it's that bad. On the rare occasion that a hurricane or tropical storm poses a threat to your area. It's more than worth taking the time to give student time away to stay in safety. Your parents should even understand that. You could always fight it with the Dean or other board members with just how unsafe the conditions were.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah uh...I'm sure continuing to live is better than going out there saying "I'll make it to class or die trying." It's really not worth it whatsoever if it's that bad. On the rare occasion that a hurricane or tropical storm poses a threat to your area. It's more than worth taking the time to give student time away to stay in safety. Your parents should even understand that. You could always fight it with the Dean or other board members with just how unsafe the conditions were.
    Nope. Tried that last year. They don’t care.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Grades don't mean jack diddly-doh-ha if you're dead. If your parents ever get that much on your case even when the life-threatening danger is clear, there's always the option to disown them and declare independence.

And yeah, I'm sure this happens every day on a daily basis with at least someone.
    Can’t declare independence. All my finances are tied to theirs. If I step out of line they can shut down my phone, credit and debit cards, etc. I’ve been vomiting like crazy, had a tornado touchdown near campus, and had a blizzard come through and still been made to go to class. Because at my college, for most classes if you miss a day, might as well have never signed up in the first place.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Nope. Tried that last year. They don’t care.

Can’t declare independence. All my finances are tied to theirs. If I step out of line they can shut down my phone, credit and debit cards, etc. I’ve been vomiting like crazy, had a tornado touchdown near campus, and had a blizzard come through and still been made to go to class. Because at my college, for most classes if you miss a day, might as well have never signed up in the first place.
    You still could get your own job and become self-sufficient (which I'm hoping you'll do once you graduate anyway). Would definitely be tricky, but it's possible. As long as you get to a point where you can financially support yourself, pay your own rent/bills/expenses, and successfully budget your own time and money, there's no need to put up with their garbage and abuse.

I wouldn't be surprised if the vomiting is due to the stress. Take it from someone who has graduated, this doesn't persist forever. Once you do, life gets better and easier. I find working a job, even the more stressful days, is still far easier to deal with than school. Even working overtime hours is cheese in comparison to studying up until midnight for an exam where all the questions are about nothing you studied for. But if you feel stuck in your situation right now, fight through it. Rest assured that once this hell is over, it's over. Fight to the end one semester at a time, one class at a time, one assignment at a time. Every little step you pull through gets you closer to the end where you can finally chuck it in the bucket and move on.

Administrator

@Noblejanobii Yeah I’m more than sure like Neo said. The vomiting is all stress related. With how work had been for me the last couple of months. I was able to narrow down where my headaches were coming from. It was all stress related. Stress can cause all sorts of reactions and problems. It can be hard to deal with. So that’s why I try to spend time with friends I care about and can relate to. Most of the time that’s you guys since all of my other friends are scattered across the country now or have lost contact with me. Seriously, take time to yourself and get away from it all as much as you can. Create YOU days or something whenever possible.

It’s tough supporting yourself. Right now I’m lucky not to have too many bills. Working over these last 3 year’s has changed a lot. Now that I have a source of income. Things have vastly changed. I can go anywhere I want (of course that’s limited to public places), buy whatever I want, and save for the things I want in the future. If someone else doesn’t want it. More power to ME buying it without them. It’s a whole lot less stress knowing I can go somewhere and do what I want rather than being limited to hanging on someone else. Once you graduate, things will get a whole lot better with a job. It’ll be your life and your story to make. If you ever need us to talk with or vent any frustration out to. Feel free to contact us. I’m always usually available here or Discord if you ever need to chat. Always here for my friends. Even if it’s just through words of support. :)

The time is upon us...