Page 72 of 513 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    @Noblejanobii Yeah I’m more than sure like Neo said. The vomiting is all stress related. With how work had been for me the last couple of months. I was able to narrow down where my headaches were coming from. It was all stress related. Stress can cause all sorts of reactions and problems. It can be hard to deal with. So that’s why I try to spend time with friends I care about and can relate to. Most of the time that’s you guys since all of my other friends are scattered across the country now or have lost contact with me. Seriously, take time to yourself and get away from it all as much as you can. Create YOU days or something whenever possible.

It’s tough supporting yourself. Right now I’m lucky not to have too many bills. Working over these last 3 year’s has changed a lot. Now that I have a source of income. Things have vastly changed. I can go anywhere I want (of course that’s limited to public places), buy whatever I want, and save for the things I want in the future. If someone else doesn’t want it. More power to ME buying it without them. It’s a whole lot less stress knowing I can go somewhere and do what I want rather than being limited to hanging on someone else. Once you graduate, things will get a whole lot better with a job. It’ll be your life and your story to make. If you ever need us to talk with or vent any frustration out to. Feel free to contact us. I’m always usually available here or Discord if you ever need to chat. Always here for my friends. Even if it’s just through words of support. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    You still could get your own job and become self-sufficient (which I'm hoping you'll do once you graduate anyway). Would definitely be tricky, but it's possible. As long as you get to a point where you can financially support yourself, pay your own rent/bills/expenses, and successfully budget your own time and money, there's no need to put up with their garbage and abuse.

I wouldn't be surprised if the vomiting is due to the stress. Take it from someone who has graduated, this doesn't persist forever. Once you do, life gets better and easier. I find working a job, even the more stressful days, is still far easier to deal with than school. Even working overtime hours is cheese in comparison to studying up until midnight for an exam where all the questions are about nothing you studied for. But if you feel stuck in your situation right now, fight through it. Rest assured that once this hell is over, it's over. Fight to the end one semester at a time, one class at a time, one assignment at a time. Every little step you pull through gets you closer to the end where you can finally chuck it in the bucket and move on.
    Alright, first off, you act like I'm not aware it's an abusive situation in general. Trust me, I'm well aware and have considered my options for years. Heck, this past February I had $300 saved up and was planning out a bus route to get to Chicago. I just realized it wasn't feasible. So I can't blame you for thinking it's as easy as dropping out and running away, because in reality you don't understand the situation I'm in and exactly what lengths my parents have gone to to prevent that from happening. And personally I'd rather not go into detail about it since it's pretty personal. But let me put it this way, as much as I hate it, the best option right now for me is to stay in college and do what they request.

Now, I will say, the vomiting is not stress related. I've gone to see medical professionals about this and it's rarely ever stress related. I've been prone to nausea since I was a child, since I get motion sickness very easily. And now that I'm an adult woman on a college campus, my tendency to get the flu (which causes vomiting) and experiencing estrogen spikes (which causes migraines and vomiting) go through the roof. I have medication for this kind of thing that usually works very well and while it won't help with the hormone imbalances that tend to induce vomiting and migraines, we're looking into something for that too. So while I've definitely had stress related vomiting in the past, the aforementioned incident was not stress related. It was a hormone imbalance that stems from being a woman.

I really do appreciate y'all's concern. It's been through the support of friends like you that I've been able to put up with the abuse as it has worsened over the years. But at this point in time, if I just up and leave college, it could result in me being far worse off than if I stayed. I've already been discussing plans with a close friend of mine anyway that worse comes to worst, post college I'll run away and board with them. Definitely having worked this past summer, I know I'll enjoy being in the work force a lot more than I have being in school. I just have to tough it out a bit longer. Which includes going to class in less than ideal conditions.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I think all we're saying is when you finally get the chance to break away, take it. Don't feel like the only time you get to ever be free on your own and start living your own life is only after your parents are dead and gone.

As for the vomiting, eh, that sucks. As for the college stuff, I guess all I can say is keep tearing through it until you graduate, but from my own personal experiences, it'll be over before you know it. I know in the beginning, the number of classes you need to take feels like a list that goes on forever, but one by one, they get crossed out and eventually there's nothing left after you've conquered everything.

3. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I appreciate the concern. Don't worry, I definitely am taking breaks but for now with this test on the rise I can't afford too too many.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

So with the hurricane passed now. It’s looking like even the others are pushing away from the US now. That or fading away. Luckily the hurricane didn’t hit here too hard. Just some extra winds and rain.

And doing your best is probably all that’s best now, Noble. You can do it though! We’re here for you if you ever need us or someone to talk to.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Moderator

I WISH WE GOT ATLEAST A LITTLE RAIN.....the heat is draining me...

I hope you get better soon, Noble, somecoollookingemojigoeshere

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

We have plenty of humidity up here in NJ! Want some!?

Yeah, I understand. Kind of figured you'd say no.

Senior Moderator

i just want cold

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

NO COLD ONLY HEAT
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Naaaah I’d prefer the cold xD. Heat gives me daily headaches and just makes me sick.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Moderator

y do u hate me