Page 328 of 513 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378428 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 5121
    Administrator

I swear watching others on YouTube play the crane games has helped me learn how to play better. Like The Crane Couple and ArcadeJackpotPro. Has really helped me to learn better techniques on crane games.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Administrator

Oh hey there! Good to see ya! Hope all is well.

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I watched a video of a guy who sounded like he knew what he was talking about when it comes to crane games, but then proceeded to fail to grab anything at all. Most of the time the claw reached down and actually grabbed something, but then after pulling back to the top, there was a slight bump and then whatever the claw was holding broke free and fell back into the pile.

Eh, I still don't think I could ever trust these machines. They remind me of those carnival midway games that are also rigged against you, where the darts to pop balloons are too dull to do anything, the hoops are not even wide enough for the basketballs to go into, and other things of that nature.

Really, just outright buy the plushies and stuff you want. Save time, save money, save yourself the hassle. Plus you avoid potentially ending up with cheap counterfeit stuff.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I watched a video of a guy who sounded like he knew what he was talking about when it comes to crane games, but then proceeded to fail to grab anything at all. Most of the time the claw reached down and actually grabbed something, but then after pulling back to the top, there was a slight bump and then whatever the claw was holding broke free and fell back into the pile.

Eh, I still don't think I could ever trust these machines. They remind me of those carnival midway games that are also rigged against you, where the darts to pop balloons are too dull to do anything, the hoops are not even wide enough for the basketballs to go into, and other things of that nature.

Really, just outright buy the plushies and stuff you want. Save time, save money, save yourself the hassle. Plus you avoid potentially ending up with cheap counterfeit stuff.
    Some types of machines are definitely better than others! If you want to not waste money, you gotta be smart about it. I play claw machines because it's fun and I especially like squishmallows (which are definitely official because the company that makes them also makes them (and other plushies) as prizes for things like this). Overall the stuff I've won is worth more than the money I've spent trying. But yeah, I know why people wouldn't want to bother. XD

6. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Some types of machines are definitely better than others! If you want to not waste money, you gotta be smart about it. I play claw machines because it's fun and I especially like squishmallows (which are definitely official because the company that makes them also makes them (and other plushies) as prizes for things like this). Overall the stuff I've won is worth more than the money I've spent trying. But yeah, I know why people wouldn't want to bother. XD
    No prob, it's a to each their own kind of thing. But I'll say on my end, I gave them more than an honest chance and never got anything even once (save for the ones that give you candy and infinite tries to at least get something). So yeah, I kind of have a feeling of disdain and distrust every time I see one. I feel the same way about carnival midway games and my mind immediately jumps to "I wonder how they rigged this thing."

In general, I am VERY gambling-adverse. I kind of go by the logic of "well, this machine probably cost a few thousand dollars and the prizes themselves were probably a few hundred. That and this arcade/store needs to pay rent, overhead, employee wages, maintenance costs, and all that jazz. Obviously this machine and this place wouldn't exist if this machine wasn't doing its part to rake in more money than the upfront and continuous costs to keep this all here, so all that has to be coming from the pockets of the people who play it."

But yeah, I'm glad they've been working out for you more than how they've been for me.

No prob, it's a to each their own kind of thing. But I'll say on my end, I gave them more than an honest chance and never got anything even once (save for the ones that give you candy and infinite tries to at least get something). So yeah, I kind of have a feeling of disdain and distrust every time I see one. I feel the same way about carnival midway games and my mind immediately jumps to "I wonder how they rigged this thing."

In general, I am VERY gambling-adverse. I kind of go by the logic of "well, this machine probably cost a few thousand dollars and the prizes themselves were probably a few hundred. That and this arcade/store needs to pay rent, overhead, employee wages, maintenance costs, and all that jazz. Obviously this machine and this place wouldn't exist if this machine wasn't doing its part to rake in more money than the upfront and continuous costs to keep this all here, so all that has to be coming from the pockets of the people who play it."

But yeah, I'm glad they've been working out for you more than how they've been for me.
    Oh yeah, I don't trust carnival games. They involve a sort of skill/luck I don't have. I'm only good at claw machines. XD Plus I only go for things that I'm 90% sure I can win in a few tries.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Oh yeah, I don't trust carnival games. They involve a sort of skill/luck I don't have. I'm only good at claw machines. XD Plus I only go for things that I'm 90% sure I can win in a few tries.
    Well, the other issue is some of them are fixed. Like darts that are dull in those balloon popping games. I'd be tempted to try the dart game, pretend to accidentally drop the darts, and then quickly whip out my own as I bend down to pick them up. >:3

While we're on the subject, of course this came to mind:

Administrator

Yeah almost ALL the carnival games or crane (win a prize) games are rigged. Unless it's due to "pay out" on that specific prize. Sometimes just trying you can clearly SEE the arm still move even if you timed it and pressed it just right. It'll have a delayed move even after it's pressed.

The time is upon us...

Well, the other issue is some of them are fixed. Like darts that are dull in those balloon popping games. I'd be tempted to try the dart game, pretend to accidentally drop the darts, and then quickly whip out my own as I bend down to pick them up. >:3

While we're on the subject, of course this came to mind:

Ahahaha, that scene!

And yeah, plus I'm not around carnival games enough to figure out the tricks. With claw machines, I can get stuff that's in the right positions even if the claw doesn't grip it, so I don't worry about having to wait for it to pay out.