Page 342 of 513 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392442 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 5121
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I can't believe that there are adults that still bully people but you know.
    I was bullied a lot as a kid, but I'll admit I did a lot of stupid things and made some poor choices.

In my early years of childhood, teachers encouraged ratting other kids out if they did something bad. Let's just say that does NOT help you make friends, and teachers will not return the favor by covering your butt when they decide to get back at you. If a kid cusses or draws crap on the wall, you don't need to call 911 on them. Sometimes it's better to just let karma do its own thing and go about your business.

I also didn't stand my ground and the "turn the other cheek" strategy was a laughably poor one that never worked. If you get physically attacked, you stand your freaking ground. Sure, never throw the first punch or instigate the fight, but if your act of retaliation establishes your street cred and clues everyone else in that you're not to be messed with, do it. Do it because it will save you from many, many years of harassment. If I had a kid and they got suspended because they stood their ground after getting physically attacked, I would hold absolutely nothing against them.

For me, lordy, my choice in clothing was abysmal. Sweat pants in summer, t-shirts in winter. Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking either, but I guess it was because they were the most comfortable and I didn't care what it looked like. Windbreaker pants all the time wasn't the best idea either. On top of that, my hygiene habits weren't hot stuff. I was lazy, unconcerned, and didn't care about the way I looked heading into school. And you know, it wouldn't have killed me to try to fit in just a little more and wear normal attire. That and yeah, lose the glasses. Get contacts as soon as freaking possible. Having lenses on your eyes doesn't make you go insta-blind.

So yeah, I'm not exactly proud of my childhood and there's a lot of stuff I'd change if I could do it all over again. But you know, you learn and those are the kinds of things that get buried in the past.

Gotta agree on confronting bullies when they get physical. Turning the other cheek can often mark you as a target for continued bullying. Either way, you're gonna get hurt, so might as well try to put an end to it.

I feel like everyone has to sorta take that road in childhood where they have to realize "Oh, I'm not the best looking I can be." Hygiene in my early teens was a sore point for me - I didn't realize that I actively smelled and needed deodorant, and I lived in the desert! Sweat and a lack of deodorant makes a pretty gnarly combination, I will say.

Administrator

Yeah as a kid I had times where I was bullied. Both Elementary and Middle. I was sorta able to stand up for myself a bit more in high school. Not 100% but most people just stayed away from me.

I got into a fight in 2nd grade. It's how I made a friend back then too. Cause someone stepped in and beat him up. Personally I don't remember the fight. Maybe it's one of those things my mind is blocking.

Personally I wish I could lose the glasses. I hate wearing them. But I can't get contacts in. LASIK would be tough too since I have a tough time getting through eye exams as it is. Maybe one day it'll come in the form of a pill. XD

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I was bullied quite a bit as a kid. That's what happens when you have a wild temper and throw tantrums. XD

But if there's one thing that being bullied helped me with, it was learning not to care what other people think. A lot of the things they said were just stupid things that shouldn't even bother me. So I learned to just ignore it, or just go along with it, and it stopped. Can't give 'em what they want.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah as a kid I had times where I was bullied. Both Elementary and Middle. I was sorta able to stand up for myself a bit more in high school. Not 100% but most people just stayed away from me.

I got into a fight in 2nd grade. It's how I made a friend back then too. Cause someone stepped in and beat him up. Personally I don't remember the fight. Maybe it's one of those things my mind is blocking.

Personally I wish I could lose the glasses. I hate wearing them. But I can't get contacts in. LASIK would be tough too since I have a tough time getting through eye exams as it is. Maybe one day it'll come in the form of a pill. XD
    Oh man, I feel you on the glasses part. I haven't asked for sure, but I'm pretty sure my eyes are too messed up to use contacts (yay three surgeries woooo). Still, I guess it's all about finding the right frames that work out for you, which can be a bit hard.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I wore glasses from the second grade until I switched to contacts in the fifth grade. I could never find contacts that were comfortable. I'd always start crying after about 8 hours because of how much my eyes were watering. LASIK has been such a blessing.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

I started out needing them in the 4th grade. Couldn't wear them cause I found my face (mostly around the nose) if very sensitive. Even now it still is. I can't have my glasses sitting on my nose like EVER. They're always sitting just off the nose the way I have them sitting. So one day I hope and wish I can get LASIK and have NO issues getting it done.

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I've had them since kindergarten.

I feel if you have to wear glasses, just keep them sane. I sometimes see people wearing glasses with thick frames, with bright colors, and other silly stuff that makes them stand out why more than they need to.

I think the things I don't like about them are the fact they fall off easily (especially during physical activity which is why I was always hesitant to give it my all in gym class), get broken easily, the lenses get smudged or if they get wet, they need to be wiped down, and if you lose them, they're expensive to replace. For me, disposable contacts are a godsend. They pulverize every one of those issues.

Administrator

Yeah glasses fall off way too easy and over a long period of use and time. They get to a point they fall off even easier due to being used so much. That and if you depend on them for a lot of use every day and have to take them off. Getting busy you can forget where you laid them down. Cause those straps they make aren't always to best to hang around with certain work loads as they can still fall off or break. Cleaning ain't the easiest thing either cause most fabric smudge it as opposed to cleaning it.

The time is upon us...

Senior Moderator

*adjusts my glasses then goes back to lurking*

·»Your focus determines your reality«·