Page 462 of 513 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472512 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 5121
    The rice can be a gift too! Woo!
    (I got a bag of rice as a housewarming present and it has served me so well!)

I'm thinking about getting my friends little enamel pins of their favorite things, but I've probably left it too late! Shipping times in Australia mean I've got to be extra prepared, and I'm totes not.
    How do you all feel about people who message you and say what they'd like as a gift (or even link you to it, to be so forward!)? Sometimes I find it so helpful, and other times I find it so presumptuous!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I'm often stumped on what to get people so any sort of guidance is always nice. That said, it obviously depends on what the gift is. I've had people who I'm not very close with say they want something upwards of $70 and that I find is very presumptuous. I'm not even sure I'd spend that on my close friends unless it was something really cool, let along an acquaintance.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Generally I get stuff around the $75-$100 mark for family and $50 for close friends. It helps so much when they provide a list, because I would rather get them something I know they would like or is at least similar in theme to what's on their list as opposed to getting something that may never be taken out of the box or have its shrinkwrap taken off because they didn't really care for it.

I'll admit, I'm guilty of that too. I've gotten some gifts that are a major time investment (books) and others that I just can't use (my brother got me a board game last year but I have yet to have an opportunity to play it with other people, and it looks complicated no less).

Administrator

Yeah everyone I ask nowadays it's just "I dunno". Which is totally a heaping handful of help. Not much to go off of other than what I know that they like. Some gifts I've had to just get creative on. I try to keep it around the affordable mark for $30-50. Don't wanna make them feel bad for getting something too cheap.

I'm interested to hear what this board game is you're talking about Neo. Something like "The House on the Hill" kind of complicated?

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

5. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah everyone I ask nowadays it's just "I dunno". Which is totally a heaping handful of help. Not much to go off of other than what I know that they like. Some gifts I've had to just get creative on. I try to keep it around the affordable mark for $30-50. Don't wanna make them feel bad for getting something too cheap.

I'm interested to hear what this board game is you're talking about Neo. Something like "The House on the Hill" kind of complicated?
    Yeah, I feel ya with the "I dunno" thing. Getting them something consumable like beer/wine or chocolate can be a safe bet sometimes.

Even more complicated than that. The game is called Scythe and it's one of those economy building games. It looks like it's a bit of a doozy to learn.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I think when I get more financially stable getting something $70 and up for people will be more reasonable but at the moment it's just a super tall ask.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah I think when I get more financially stable getting something $70 and up for people will be more reasonable but at the moment it's just a super tall ask.
    Yeah, really, you're in college and I know how expensive that is. Shopping for friends and family is a whole lot easier when you finally have a steady paycheck coming in.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, really, you're in college and I know how expensive that is. Shopping for friends and family is a whole lot easier when you finally have a steady paycheck coming in.
    Yeah most people are understanding about it. But I have some acquaintances that can't fathom that and get mad when people won't spend a ton of money on them.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah most people are understanding about it. But I have some acquaintances that can't fathom that and get mad when people won't spend a ton of money on them.
    Let me guess. Mommy dearest.

Yeah, I'm sure she's a barrel of holiday cheer...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Let me guess. Mommy dearest.

Yeah, I'm sure she's a barrel of holiday cheer...
    No actually she doesn't want me to get her gifts because it's using her money (even if it's not actually) so she always tell me to just be her perfect little girl for Christmas. I have other people in my life that are far more entitled and affluent when it comes to money..
    / / / / / / / /