Page 62 of 513 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Technically, no, we're not allowed to bring in any bags or water bottles or anything because we don't have to pass through the metal detectors that attendees to the games do. They want to be sure we don't sneak a bomb into the stadium or something. But some of us will smuggle in bottles and such. I actually did have a small 12 liter bottle with me and downed it several times, refilling it with tap water. Believe it or not, it just made things worse. I became extremely nauseous the more water I drank. On top of that, I was on water bottle duty so I was soaking wet the whole time because all the ice we kept the bottles in kept melting. Again, only made things worse. There are technically water fountains on the premises but they're not easily accessible since they're outside the concession stands, which means if we're swamped like we were today, no one is able to leave and get water. So if you aren't able to get your own bottle past security, you're screwed essentially unless you have money on you.

Trust me, if I had the option, I would've taken a break. The company doesn't allow it. They have surprise inspections at all the stands so one time I got caught sitting down while I was overheating and the inspector gave us a strike for it. We couldn't risk arguing or explaining or else we'd get another strike. So trust me, you can list out all the points on hydration you want, it won't do much good for me or anyone else unless the company changes their policies, which won't happen.
    Which isn’t right. Especially after that recent student that died from heat exhaustion in the US. You’d think these companies would do what they need to do they help prevent those kinds of emergencies. To give a “strike” because someone sat down is not right in the slightest. In fact they could probably be heavily fined for it if you called them out for it. Then they’d learn their lesson (I would hope).

I would say the large 5gal jugs in sports stores would work perfectly, but it’d probably end up just as bad after some time. Seriously they need to find a way to make it work more efficiently. Even by law you’re required a break after so long and under certain conditions.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Which isn’t right. Especially after that recent student that died from heat exhaustion in the US. You’d think these companies would do what they need to do they help prevent those kinds of emergencies. To give a “strike” because someone sat down is not right in the slightest. In fact they could probably be heavily fined for it if you called them out for it. Then they’d learn their lesson (I would hope).

I would say the large 5gal jugs in sports stores would work perfectly, but it’d probably end up just as bad after some time. Seriously they need to find a way to make it work more efficiently. Even by law you’re required a break after so long and under certain conditions.
    We aren’t paid so they don’t have to give us breaks and we waive our right to sue or report them when we sign up to volunteer. If we don’t volunteer the fencing team gets no money which means no tournaments. Sooo… not much to be done. Besides Aramark gives literally zero craps about its workers. Most of the people it actually employs are convicted felons. Aramark’s only in it for the money. The safety of their workers is not on the top of their priority list.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Anyways I am obsessed with https://rateyourmusic.com

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Administrator

It is pretty awesome how we can find one song every now and then that suddenly we all get obsessed with. Gotta enjoy it too.

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

It is pretty awesome how we can find one song every now and then that suddenly we all get obsessed with. Gotta enjoy it too.
    Like what song are you thinking of that was like that?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Like what song are you thinking of that was like that?
    Well I guess “everyone” is the wrong word. Buuuuut you know those songs that go trending on both the internet, social media, and news? Pretty much everywhere you look. That fox song (what does the fox say), Despacito, etc. I mostly prefer video game stuff lately. The more relaxing and soothing ones. Then again, gotta remember. Everyone has their own taste for music.

I personally feel music can help connect anyone. It can have that effect that hits people in the right way

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Well I guess “everyone” is the wrong word. Buuuuut you know those songs that go trending on both the internet, social media, and news? Pretty much everywhere you look. That fox song (what does the fox say), Despacito, etc. I mostly prefer video game stuff lately. The more relaxing and soothing ones. Then again, gotta remember. Everyone has their own taste for music.

I personally feel music can help connect anyone. It can have that effect that hits people in the right way
    Well, some people like them, but I knew other people that didn't. Heck, I don't even recall Despacito and I know some people who weren't too fond of the fox song. But yeah, they're usually only around for a short while before the fad dies out.

It also depends on what I'm doing, although playing Overwatch is a mixed bag. Some days I'll mainly play soundtracks from action movies, while others I'll admit to playing a techno version of Hamster Dance while playing Hammond (Wrecking Ball).

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Well, some people like them, but I knew other people that didn't. Heck, I don't even recall Despacito and I know some people who weren't too fond of the fox song. But yeah, they're usually only around for a short while before the fad dies out.

It also depends on what I'm doing, although playing Overwatch is a mixed bag. Some days I'll mainly play soundtracks from action movies, while others I'll admit to playing a techno version of Hamster Dance while playing Hammond (Wrecking Ball).
    Yeah most of them I haven’t been too fond of myself. I didn’t even know what Despacito was until I saw it on the news. I just got really annoyed by the fox song xD. Luckily yeah, they tend to only last a short time.

Honestly, when I’m playing games I don’t really have other music playing. I stick with the original game soundtrack....usually.

It is pretty funny how music can be so powerful. I guess that was the inspiration behind the mobile game Song Summoner. It was originally on the iPods (with the scroll wheel, but it was an incomplete version). Years later they released the full version on the iPod Touch and phones. Using the power of music (your actual songs on your iPod or phone) to summon units from a music cube/box and fight robots in a turn based Fire Emblem turn based strategy game. That soundtrack was pretty amazing too how the music changed and improved. It’s too bad they didn’t keep the updated. Can’t even play it anymore. I’d love to go back to it someday.

The time is upon us...

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Trying to get back into Twitter.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Administrator

I personally can't really get into those social media things. I've been trying to stay away from them mostly.

The time is upon us...