Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah they're a bunch of really popular comic authors in the pokemon community too so it's a shame but I think the fame has gone to their heads a bit. What's even more ironic is one of them has been accused multiple times of not having a unique style because of how reminiscent their style is of Steven Universe and it really shows. There's more details I can get into but I eventually cut myself off from them. There were a lot of other really good and helpful people in the server too but because the toxic ones were the mods it just made it difficult.

Yep! I use refs all the time. Sometimes I'll even find poses similar to what I want to do and kind outline it or something just to get a feel for it if it's a pose I've never done before. Same with hands. It's a useful technique to get a feel for how a certain pose or position feels.
    That is a shame, but still, no amount of fame or recognition gives anyone the green light to act like a jerk to other people. Banning people for that is just flat out ridiculous. And they're hypocrites, also. They blame people for recreations and yet they're making Pokemon comics when Pokemon isn't their own creation. You made the right move by leaving. And yeah, it's the worst when the most toxic ones are the mods. It's like dealing with dictators, tyrants, crooked cops.

Heck, I use refs even when drawing Emolga. Mainly just in case. It's really just to get the delicate details down like how the bottom of his eyes should be level with the nose and how the top of the yellow cheek circles should line up with the nose as well. But I keep forgetting that Emolga has REALLY tiny fingers. I so often make the mistake of making them bigger than they should be. :P

2. This post has been liked by: