The PXR Other Chat Help Desk! (Ask your questions here)

Welcome to the PXR Help Desk. This thread is for posting questions or seeking help(not pokemon related). So feel free to post any question or ask for help with any problem (Video Games, Anime, heck even life questions.)

Help Desk Form
    Name: Who are you? User name of course
    Problem: What is the problem or question.
    Possible Solutions: What have you tried to do to fix the problem
    Time Frame: If this question is time sensitive please post that so anyone seeing will know

Rules
    * Follow Basic PXR Rules.
    * Show Respect to everyone who posts.
    * Do not post more than one question at a time.
    * Do not ask questions about illegal cheat devices, cheat codes or anything thats illegal in general.
    * Do not post about other forums, or about Personal Drama.
    * Only ask questions that have a possible solution. This Thread is not for complaining. It is just for simple questions that dont warrant a new thread.
    * If your question is not answered in a week you may bump it.
    * Please try to be helpful if you are going to respond.
    * Only post serious questions. Spamming the thread will result in a warning.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Current Unanswered and Answered Questions

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

First post of the thread!

Name: MichaelXD
    Problem: My Gameboy Advance SP from ebay has a backlight problem.
    Possible Solutions: I can't remember what made it hard to see. I either tried playing it in sunlight or not in sunlight.
    Time Frame: I got it in November 2011. It has had that problem, but due to other stuff happening, I didn't have time to ask about it anyway. That was when I couldn't find a forum to post about the problem either.

So does anyone know how to help with this? I want to play my Gameboy Advance games again, and that is the thing I use to trade Pokémon between the GBA games and the Gamecube games.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelXD View Post
    First post of the thread!

Name: MichaelXD
    Problem: My Gameboy Advance SP from ebay has a backlight problem.
    Possible Solutions: I can't remember what made it hard to see. I either tried playing it in sunlight or not in sunlight.
    Time Frame: I got it in November 2011. It has had that problem, but due to other stuff happening, I didn't have time to ask about it anyway. That was when I couldn't find a forum to post about the problem either.

So does anyone know how to help with this? I want to play my Gameboy Advance games again, and that is the thing I use to trade Pokémon between the GBA games and the Gamecube games.

I did a little research and you may be able to fix this yourself with you can put together some money.

Here was the first response..

I believe the light is replaceable, assuming you can find the part.I once researched this for my own SP, but I never actually ordered the parts.

You will need a tri-wing screwdriver. (Here's one on Amazon.)

You will also need the light, depending on which model you have. (Looking now, I'm having a hard time finding the replacement for the light.) Some GBA SPs had a front light (the original), and some of the newer ones had a backlight. Because there's so much coverage of the issue, searching online for "Gameboy Advance SP backlight" might not get you very far in terms of the part.

Here's a Google Search to get you started. If you get any more info on the parts, let me know in the comments.

Edit:

I just walked into a local repair shop - which sells all kinds of used games, systems and such - I was told that the used Gameboy Advance SPs are around thirty bucks, so a repair isn't worth it. When I told him that I like the "thrill" of opening up my old gameboy, the guy said that if he gets one in really bad condition, he'd give me a good price on it, for the part. The point being, you should try the same. You might be able to get the part for cheap from a local game repair shop.

Please look through what the man above said, that guy had some great advice. Also please look Here
    This link will take to a site that sells lights made special for gameboys. Although I suggest seeing if you have a local game shop that can fix it.

This is should answer your question.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Thank you and thank you for the link Achilles! You are so kind. :)

I have the soldering iron already. I don't know how to use it. These are supposed to be fixing my games that don't work properly. There are no forums that helped with this problem. What am I supposed to do with them?
    Last edited by MichaelXD; 10-02-2013 at 01:28 AM. Reason: added to another problem

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Michael: the rules of this say one question at a time, as well as it is asked that double posting not happen to keep the forum tidy. They also ask to be helpful, so I have done some research and found out that Nintendo handhelds have a unique serial code. So my SP and yours could have been made in the exact same production line within minutes, and have different serials. This is to track them. This means that even though they have different serials they can be the same model. I am not sure if they released different models of SP with slight changes unbeknownst to the general public, but I would say the parts should work together. However make sure to do some research yourself to confirm it. I don't want someone trying to put the backlight of one SP into another, and stuffing them up because they aren't the same model, and me getting the blame. Make sure to check they are in fact the same model. The serial might have a way to figure it out, eg last four numbers might represent year made or something.

Thank you and thank you for the link Achilles! You are so kind. :)

I have the soldering iron already. I don't know how to use it. These are supposed to be fixing my games that don't work properly. There are no forums that helped with this problem. What am I supposed to do with them?
    The rules is you can only ask one at a time. Which means until you receive and answer for the first one you cant ask a second on. Your other posts were deleted because they broke that rule.

As far as this question goes, the information I gave you in the last post is the best I could find anywhere. This vidoes are the closet I could find to taking apart the SP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQjhtXTTlYY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSf93-DdYCc

My suggestion is replace the whole SP, or even consider buying a one online for extremely cheap. It will be up to you to take it from this point.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Sorry, I didn't understand what that meant. My mom was planning on something and then she told me they wouldn't miraculously come tonight after she said she already had parts which was why I asked the second question. I didn't know whether to edit my own question or not.

If anyone is going to be paying attention to this post, she said she couldn't do what was suggested above because the wires on the inside were snapped off to pieces. I tried doing the alternative, and she claims the screen was replaced. I'm sure it's not supposed to be that dark during gameplay when the light is off to conserve battery power.

Problem: Broken hinge on Nintendo DS for over four years
    Possible Solution: I've been looking for some parts.

My mom went onto amazon.com and there have been no parts. Where do they sell parts that would help me fix all my Nintendo stuff?
    Last edited by MichaelXD; 10-10-2013 at 01:47 AM. Reason: need more info

Sorry, I didn't understand what that meant. My mom was planning on something and then she told me they wouldn't miraculously come tonight after she said she already had parts which was why I asked the second question. I didn't know whether to edit my own question or not.

If anyone is going to be paying attention to this post, she said she couldn't do what was suggested above because the wires on the inside were snapped off to pieces. I tried doing the alternative, and she claims the screen was replaced. I'm sure it's not supposed to be that dark during gameplay when the light is off to conserve battery power.

Problem: Broken hinge on Nintendo DS for over four years
    Possible Solution: I've been looking for some parts.

My mom went onto amazon.com and there have been no parts. Where do they sell parts that would help me fix all my Nintendo stuff?

I thought you were trying to fix and Gameboy SD? Honestly they dont really sell parts for that stuff unless you look online for something. Really the best advice is if this is about an Gameboy SD you should just look into getting a used one from the a gamestop or ebay. Beyond that your only option is looking for local repair shops that might be able to help.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

I'm trying to get everything fixed at once, at least my Nintendo stuff. Now I got a broken tripod leg that probably needs to be reglued together so that I can record on the big screen. All I'm hoping on is for my mother to read her email so she can finally order parts. Later, I'll get parts to repair the second socket of my Nintendo 64 since I believe there is a way to do anything.