Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Name: Matthias Grand
    Trainer Card: Matthias Grand Trainer Card
    Team Status:
    ((())) ^^^^
    Instinct (5/5) Kid (5/5)
    Items: Pokeballs (5)
    Current Location: Twinleaf Town

"Experience in battle in a safe environment? That sounds really good to me. I am going to sign up."

Matthias walked up to the organiser.

"Hi, My name is Matthias, here is my trainer card. And these are my Pokemon. I would like to sign up for 3 rounds please."

Beginner's Cup sign up form
    Name: Matthias
    Rounds Paying for: 3
    Cost: 5
    Stats: in signature
    Last edited by Brettles; 01-30-2019 at 06:39 AM.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (14/14) Emperor (5/5)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Route 202
    Time: 10am
    Day: 2
    Date: September 7th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Renny, Kinnie, Matthias

Matthias seemed really keen to get involved, so I decided to sign up as well.

@Brettles
    *Approved, however you're short one point on your points from posting. Once you adjust that you're all good. Just get that fixed when you can*

"Well Matthias, if you're ready, we will heal your Pokemon, and you can begin your first battle!"

Picinicker Katie would like to battle!

Beldum

Once Matthias was set up, and I had healed my Pokemon, the official addressed me.

"Your Pokemon is already evolved?" The official asked, "I will find someone a little closer to your level." @Desolate Divine

Guitarist Ashley would like to battle!

Magneton
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:33 AM.

Name: Matthias Grand
    Trainer Card: Matthias Grand Trainer Card
    Team Status:
    ((())) ^^^^
    Instinct (5/5) Kid (5/5)
    Items: Pokeballs (5)
    Current Location: Twinleaf Town

A Picnicker introduced herself as Katie.

"Hi is this your first battle?" she asked. "I have a rather big Pokemon, so don't be upset if you lose. It's all part of battling."

"Thanks Katie, My name is Matthias. I'll do my best. Am I allowed to use both my Pokemon against your One Pokemon?"

"Of course you are but be careful, Beldum is very big."

"OK, Instinct, Kid, I choose you... Er I read in a brochure that is what you shout when you release Pokemon. Was that right!"

Katie smiled and nodded.

"OK Instinct hit that thing hard."

The little squirtle ran up swinging but bounced off the metal armour of the Beldum.

"Kid, we need to get through that armour, can you melt it?"

The chimchar gave a grin and a nod and ran forward at the Beldum. "CHAR!" it cried. It focused and drew a ball of fire around each fist and charged at the Beldum. With a series of thrusts, Kid had melted a hole in the outside of Beldum's metal armour.

"Hit it in the hole, Instinct!" Matthias called out.

Instinct nodded and shot a fierce stream of water into the hole melted into Beldum's side.

Your Pokemon: Chimchar
    Opposing Pokemon: Beldum
    Your Pokemon's Points: 5
    Opposing Pokemon's Points: 15
    Bonuses: Beldum -7 (Fire>Steel)
    Your Pokemon's Remaining Points: 0
    Opposing Pokemon's Remaining Points: 3

Your Pokemon: Squirtle
    Opposing Pokemon: Beldum
    Opposing Pokemon's Points: 3
    Bonuses: none
    Your Pokemon's Remaining Points: 2
    Opposing Pokemon's Remaining Points: 0

"Char" said a sleepy chimchar as it fell into an exhausted sleep!

"Squirtle" Said Instinct, proud of her victory.

"Is your Beldum going to be all right?" Matthias asked Katie. "We didn't want to hurt it."

"It's going to be fine, this experience will help me bring out it's inner strength. Thanks for the battle."

"Thank you Katie. Um... what do I do now?"

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (5/5)
    [Totodile, Male]
    Cordelia (5/5)
    [Starly, Female]
    Terry (5/5)
    [Piplup, Male]
    Karl (6/6)
    [Kricketot, Male]
    Items: 3 Pokeballs
    Going back to the collect the pokeballs, Amy registered their new nicknames. Karl and Cordelia. She smiled. They were a pair if she had ever seen one. Realizing she was falling behind, Amy ran to catch up with the group in time to hear the tournament announcement. A beginner's tournament? That could prove useful, she supposed.

Amy glanced around at the tournament then at her new team. Maybe one battle wouldn't hurt for now. Examining her team, she strolled over to the registration desk and signed up for one battle. She watched the other battles go down as she waited for her turn. Her first trainer battle awaited. Maybe this would give her the chance to strengthen her team some. Improving Hunter or Cordelia would prove quite advantageous for the future.

Name:
    Rounds Paying for: (You can fill this form up again later to get additional rounds. This is to allow people to earn points posting and spend them if they are short on points after catching Pokemon)
    Cost: (2 per round or 5 for all three)
    Stats: in sig
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

Team Status:

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info

*Can't be bothered writing a huge and detailed battle every time XD

Your Pokemon: Quilava
    Opposing Pokemon: Magneton
    Your Pokemon's Points: 14
    Opposing Pokemon's Points: 25
    Bonuses: Magneton -9 (Fire>Steel)
    Opposing Pokemon's Remaining Points: 2

Your Pokemon: Piplup
    Opposing Pokemon: Magneton
    Opposing Pokemon's Points: 2
    Bonuses: None (No bonuses below 5 points)
    Your Pokemon's Remaining Points: 3
    Opposing Pokemon's Remaining Points: 2
    @Noblejanobii
    *Approved. Remember you can buy more rounds. You should be able to win all three (I won't make them unbeatable)*

I healed my Pokemon as Amy stepped up to face her first opponent, and Matthias went to face his second.

"Go Amy!" I shouted.
    @Noblejanobii
    Youngster Callum would like to battle!

Deino
    @Brettles
    Hiker Joseph would like to battle!

Geodude
    @Desolate Divine

As I was watching, I was notified my Pokemon had been healed and directed to my second match.

Waiter Nicholas would like to battle!

Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:33 AM.

OOC: I assume my capture got approved. xD Moving on...

Name: Kinnie Gutamen
    Pokémon: (1/6)
    | Hannig♂ | 5/5
    | Vilne♂ | 8/8
    Total Posts: 15

Kinnie was pleasantly surprised that the poké ball she had tossed came to an easy halt as the light in the centre faded. She moved closer to it and kneeled down to inspect it. Her eye was caught by a small creature bounding toward her.

"Tur! Tur-wi-wi!" Hannig cried, appearing excited as he bounced around, then came closer to the sphere and nudged it with his nose. "Wig ig!"

Kinnie frowned a little and picked up the ball, figuring she had successfully captured the blue pokémon. 'Vilne,' she thought.

--

It wasn't long before the group came upon a large gathering of people. Kinnie wondered what was happening, and noticed Sophie approaching someone to ask what was going on. While keeping her ears open, she peeked through the crowd to spot people pitting their pokémon against one another. They were battling.

Soon enough, at least three of the trainers in the group began to take part in this tournament, and Kinnie merely watched. However, it wasn't long before Hannig, who she had kept out of his poké ball, rammed into her leg. She scowled at him, but he didn't show any signs of calming down.

"I suppose...if there are prizes..." she considered. Hannig seemed elated and readied himself with a high-pitched growl.

Name: Kinnie
    Rounds Paying for: All three
    Stats: Siiiiiiiig

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Trainer Name: Neith Nimr
    Pokemon:

Fennel ♀ (5/5)

Escutcheon ♂ (5/5)
    Partner Pokemon:

Binary (N/A)
    Items:
    Spoiler:
    None

Current Game Points: 8 (+1, -5, -4)

To Neith’s relief, the nurse at the center didn’t require her ID. As soon as she was handed back her pokeball, Neith let Fennel out, and hugged her tightly. “You did really great back at the lake.”

Oh crap, my wallet was in the bag! Neith felt around. Just a few bits of change. Well, better than nothing. As the group went off to the cafe, Neith converted it into the local currency, before arriving slightly late to the party, where she proceeded to sit awkwardly at the table as the others ordered. Her stomach growled a bit, but she put up with it. She needed to save what little she had for now.

As they group waited for their orders, they began to introduce themselves. Eventually it was Neith’s turn.

“Hi. My name’s Neith. I’m 16, and I’m also from Lumios City, just like Amy. Though probably not the same Lumiose, what with the different dimension thingy. I was supposed to go on a journey four years ago, but I fell ill and have only just been allowed to leave the city again. Not that I’ve ever left on my own anyway. Lumiose is so big, it’s got everything! But I was just about to leave on my journey properly when I got dragged here…” Neith trailed off and looked a bit sheepish. “Oh, and I tend to get exited and talk too much.” She added.

-----

That night, Neith watched Sophie’s pokemon meeting each other. She briefly considered letting her new pokemon out, but Fennel was already trying to hide under her pillow, overwhelmed by the new roommates, and she didn’t want to add to the stress. Introductions could wait ‘til the morning.

Neith slept terribly that night. It was the first night in a decade she hadn’t slept in her own bed, and she only got to sleep by hugging Fennel close to her, like a teddy bear.

-----

The next morning Neith awoke to find the room empty. Everyone must be up already, she thought, blearily nudging Fennel awake.

By the time she was dressed and made her way to the main room. Most of the other trainers had already finished eating. Neith quickly wolfed down at much food as she could, making up for yesterday. Afterwards, she planned to finally introduce Escutcheon to her other pokemon, but before she had a chance, Rowan called them over to collect their new trainer kits.

Item Claim:

Name: Neith Nimr
    Item Claimed: New Trainer Kit
    Stats: here

After that, everyone was ready to set off. So once again, the introduction would have to wait.

-----

As she walked along the route, she let out Binary too. She left Escutcheon in his pokeball for now though.
    Binary nudged her. Looking down, she saw that the Porygon had found a crumpled piece of paper. Upon closer inspection it appeared to be a voucher. “Hmm, good find Bi. I wonder if it’s been used already?”

As Neith was checking out the voucher, she barely noticed the others, until a rustling of feathers nearby caught her attention.

Is that a Fletchling? No, it’s the wrong colours. What are the bird pokemon here called? Pidgey? No, wait Starly! That was it.

The bird pokemon was watching Neith’s hand intently, then suddenly it lunged, flapping past Neith and snatching the voucher from her grip.
    “Hey! Give that back!” Neith cried, as Binary bounced around in anger at it’s treasure being stolen. Normally she would just let this go, but with no food or money, a free berry voucher could be really useful.

Neith thought for a moment. She needed to get the coupon back, and ideally catch the Starly. She’d read that new trainer were recommended to catch the local flying type first, and now seemed like a perfect opportunity. But she’d need to weaken it first…
    Escutcheon would be at a disadvantage, but Fennel’s attacks would risk destroying the voucher. Binary couldn’t even fight.
    “Okay Esc, I need your help!”
    The Turtwig emerged from the pokemon. “Use, umm…” Neith realised that she didn’t know any moves a Turtwig could use. She hadn’t expected to have a Sinnoh pokemon so soon. “Umm, just knock that Starly out of the sky!”

Escutcheon nodded, then ran near to the bird, waiting for it to come close enough. As it flew slightly lower, Esc put on a burst of speed and leaped high into the air, tackling the Starly to the ground with an indignant squawk.
    “Great job Esc!” Neith cried. Binary nudged her lightly. “Oh, yeah right.” Neith reached to her pocket and tossed a Pokeball at the downed pokemon.

Pokémon using: Escutcheon
    Pokémon trying to catch: Starly
    Point Requirement: 5
    Item Being Used/Quantity: Pokeball x1
    Item Effects: N/A
    Points On Hand: 9
    Points After: 4

Esc glared at the ball as it rattled around for a few moments, before stopping with a click. Esc carefully picked up the coupon with his mouth, followed by the pokeball, and carried them over to Neith.

“Great job Esc,” she said, petting the Turtwig’s head. The Turtwig smiled contentedly, then nudged it’s own pokeball, returning inside.
    Neith was stunned for a moment. She’d never seen a pokemon return to it’s ball so willingly before, especially since she hadn’t ask him to.

-----

The group traveled on in near silence from there. Most of the others had caught a new pokemon along the way. Neith was slightly jealous of the wild girl who had met a really cute blue/yellow cat thing. She made a mental note to talk to her later and see if she could spend some time with that pokemon.

Eventually, they came across a large group, which turned out to be for a tournament that was happening, coincidentally it was exclusively for new trainer. Sophie suggested the group enter.

“Honestly, I’m willing to enter it just to get me new pokemon healed. But more experience can’t hurt. Sign me up.”
    Neith pulled out the last of her pocket change and placed it on the counter. “I’ll enter for two rounds for now please.”

Name: Neith Nimr
    Rounds Paying for: 2
    Cost: 4
    Stats: Boop

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (5/5)
    [Totodile, Male]
    Cordelia (5/5)
    [Starly, Female]
    Terry (5/5)
    [Piplup, Male]
    Karl (6/6)
    [Kricketot, Male]
    Items: 3 Pokeballs

Amy stepped up to the battlefield and watched as her opponent sent out his pokemon. A deino. Dragon and dark types, originally from Unova. Amy rubbed her chin. None of her pokemon had any real advantage, except possibly Karl but she was definitely out leveled. She'd just have to widdle it down then. Amy pulled out Karl's pokeball just in time to hear Sophie's cheer. She smiled, spun the ball on her finger, and tossed it into the air.

"Kriiiicketot!" Karl shouted, rattling his antennae. "Alright, Karl, start off with bide!" Tucking his head down, the kricketot got into a defensive position and began to store energy. The deino charged in at his trainer's command, striking Karl. The bug type stood fast under the barrage of attacks, storing the energy from each hit. Amy watched him closely, then as the deino came in for one final charge, Amy called out, "Now, Karl!" Right as the deino came in contact with the little bug, Karl unleashed all the stored up energy, sending both pokemon flying. Amy dashed out and caught Karl, realizing the damage had finally caught up with him and he was knocked out. She stood up and returned him to his pokeball. Still, the deino had energy left to fight.

"Alright, next up, Terry, it's our first battle together! Batter up!" Amy pitched the pokeball into the air and released Terry onto the field. The piplup flapped his flippers a bit before getting into a battling stance. "Okay let's try to keep him at bay this time. Fire off those bubbles!" Terry unleashed a spray of bubbles at the deino, landing a hit before the speedy dragon moved out of the stream. Terry fired another stream and managed to land another hit before the deino came in and knocked Terry aside like a sandbag. Terry shook himself then stood up, looking back at Amy for a command as the deino began to circle again. Amy bit her nail. Terry could probably handle one more hit. So they'd need to go for an attack that wasn't disadvantaged. "Alright Terry! Try to counter with pound!" The piplup charged in to meet the deino as it circled. The two clashed with hard attacks, but eventually Terry was blown away. The deino simply had more stamina than him.

Returning Terry to her pokeball, Amy decided her next approach was a sky battle. Launching the pokeball into the sky, Amy sent out Cordelia. "Alright Cordelia!" she called out, "try for a hit and run tactic! Tackle! Let's go!" Cordelia tucked in her wings and dove straight downwards. Using her beak, the starly began to deliver several quick hits to the deino. She got several hits in before the deino delivered a hard headbutt. Cordelia was sent flying and hit the ground near Amy. Amy frowned and returned the small bird to her pokeball. Gazing at the deino, she realized it was on its last legs.

"Alright, Hunter, let's finish this guy off." The totodile nodded and jumped off her shoulders. Landing on all fours, Hunter growled at the deino. Not even waiting for Amy's command, he charged in and delivered a swift uppercut scratch. While not very powerful, the damage had built up. The deino toppled over, leaving Hunter the victor. Amy sighed with relief and picked up the totodile. "Good job and good battle."

Your Pokemon: Kricketot
    Opposing Pokemon: Deino
    Your Pokemon's Points: 6
    Opposing Pokemon's Points: 26
    Bonuses: Deino -9 (Bug > Dark)
    Opposing Pokemon's Remaining Points: 11

Opposing Pokemon's Points: 11
    Opposing Pokemon's Remaining Points: 6

Your Pokemon: Starly
    Opposing Pokemon's Points: 6
    Opposing Pokemon's Remaining Points: 1

Your Pokemon: Totodile
    Opposing Pokemon's Points: 1
    Your Pokemon's Remaining Points: 4

Handing over her pokemon to be healed, Amy decided to sign up for two more battles.

Name: Amy Risa
    Rounds Paying for: 2
    Cost: 4
    Stats: in sig
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Trainer Renny Thomas
    Team Status
    Valerie (5/5), Cornelius(5/5), Fiddle(6/6)

Partner Pokemon:

Arnny (f)(5/5)
    Egg: --- (Steps to Hatch ??/??)
    [U]Items:
    Spoiler:

Health Items

Pokeballs
    Normal Pokeball: 4

Renny watched the others join in a tournament. He had recorded a few captures and felt like he didn't need much more for right now. Cornelius pushed his trainer.
    "Char!!" He said

Renny looked at the little fire type.
    "You want to battle ?"

He looked at Valerie
    "How about you."

She smiled and nodded

"Alright, let's try this."

Name: Renny

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Senior Moderator

Team Status:

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    @Suicune's Fire
    *Approved*

You are ushered towards your first match.

Battle Girl Chloe would like to battle!

Starly

I faced my second opponent, this one slightly stronger than before.

Opposing Pokemon: Numel
    Opposing Pokemon's Points: 37
    Bonuses: Numel -20 (-11 Water > Ground, -9 Water > Fire)
    Opposing Pokemon's Remaining Points: 12

Your Pokemon: Quilava
    Opposing Pokemon: Numel
    Your Pokemon's Points: 14
    Opposing Pokemon's Points: 12
    Bonuses: Numel -7 (Evo bonus), Quilava -7 (Ground >Fire)
    Your Pokemon's Remaining Points: 2
    @Shruikan
    As you finalize your entry, you're approach by an official to take you to your first battle.

Artist Cameron would like to battle!

Oshawott
    @Noblejanobii

You get the chance to watch some of your team mates battle, before being sent to your next battle.

Beauty Lydia would like to battle!

Larvesta
    @Rival Max
    You get escorted to your first battle

Ninja Boy Damien would like to battle!

Treecko
    @Desolate Divine

As I watched the other battle, and cheered on those I was more familiar with, my Pokemon were healed and I was brought to face the third battle, which was supposed to be the hardest.

Parisol Lady Lisa would like to battle!

Ferroseed

Swinub
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:34 AM.