Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Trainer Palila Rae
    Team: Dartrix (17/17) Staravia (14/14) Prinlup (16/16) Wingull (20/20)
    Partner Pokemon: --
    Items: 3x Pokeballs, Pokedex, Journal, Sketchpad, Poketch Plus

Palila shifted to the side so that Neith could get out of her seat, wondering why she shouted at Renny for doing the interview. She watched with confusion as the girl was overcome with terror and collapsed on the floor near the entrance, and Amy rushed to her.

Renny was right- if this was Alola, it would be a little pathetic to have so much fear over a group like team skull. Team Galactic so far had hardly been a threat- Plus, the interview now meant people of the public and law enforcement might know about their wormhole-homeless status and be more sympathetic and helpful. At least that's what she expected. She kept her mouth shut though, since everyone seemed out to shout at the creep and she wasn't sure if he was worth being associated with yet. Sophie asked if she was coming with the group, and left her to think about it. She looked down at Dartrix, who tilted its head slightly.
    "Alright buddy, you better catch me if I stack it." She mumbled to her pokemon.

As people nearby took out their mobiles or various poke-devices to capture the scene the group was making, Palila stood up. Amy and Neith clearly didn't like being on camera, but she would be happy to be!
    "Oy dudes, don't film her! Turn those cameras this way, folks!" She felt a grin coming onto her face, and stood loudly up onto the table, forcing most people in the room to look over her way instead. Dartrix stood behind her, spreading his wings wide so it looked like she had a cape.
    "Are you ready? This restaurant has me head over heels! So, check out this sweet move!" She turned around and stood at the edge of the table with her back to the crowd, heels pressing right up against the rim. A slight bounce, to check how easy it would be to push off from, and then a great PUSH up into the air.

Surely a backflip in a fancy restaurant was worth some social media attention.

She tucked her body tight, feeling the momentum roll up through her legs and flip her upside down in the air. Trying to be careful not to overspin, she brought her legs back down just in time to catch herself on the ground. Well, nearly. She skidded backwards a little as she landed on the ground, having overshot it a little.
    Palila caught herself on the edge of the table, now facing the crowd again, and noticing that the restaurant staff looked apalled. The group of trainers, however, seemed to have all been coralled outside by Sophie.
    "Okaythanksbye!"

With a squeak of sneakers, Palila and Dartrix high-tailed it out of there, busting through the exit doors with gusto.
    "Yeah lets go! Kick up your heels, kiddos! Wooo!" She couldn't help but let out a hoot of joy, running ahead of the group and catching up with Matthias, who was somehow far out in front.
    "Yo, Shiftry boy! Don't tell me you're having a breakdown too?" She jabbed at him, noticing he didn't exactly look pumped.

Name: Matthias Grand
    Trainer Card: Matthias Grand Trainer Card
    Team Status:
    ((())) ^^^^@@@@ (())oOOo ******
    Instinct (0/16) _ Kid (14/14) _ Sniper (15/15) _ Bienie (10/15) _ Trapeze (11/11) _ Static (8/8)
    Items: Pokeballs (1), Revive (1)
    Current Location: Route 203

"Yo, Shiftry boy! Don't tell me you're having a breakdown too?" a voice called out.

Matthias turned and saw Palila running up.

He smiled and waved at her.

"Hi Palila, Not a breakdown, more a revelation. It seems that it might be time to get out of town for a bit. This group of trainers have gone from 'slightly toxic' to 'outright dangerous and calling out terrorist groups'. I thought I might head out and find the next town with a gym and see how I go."

Matthias shrugged, "I am supposed to be the group's 'Scout', so I guess I am going to do some scouting. It is probably safer than hanging around at the moment."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (18/18)
    [Croconaw, Male]
    Cordelia (16/16)
    [Staravia, Female]
    Freya (22/22)
    [Snorunt, Female]
    Terry (18/18)
    [Prinplup, Male]
    Karl (10/10)
    [Kricketot, Male]
    Martini (7/7)
    [Cyndaquil, Female]
    Items: x4 Pokeballs

Amy lifted Neith onto her back while Palila provided the distraction. She’d have to thank her later but that could wait until things settled down. Focusing on keeping her breathing and pace steady, Amy followed after Sophie. She barely glanced at Renny, the man bearing no importance at the moment. Later, maybe, but not for now. “Like I mentioned earlier,” she said, “if I have everyone’s sizes I can buy us all clothes in one of the stores in Jubilife. I’m apparently so insignificant to this kid that he forgot to include me, which works to our benefit for sure. I can buy supplies. Or should we proceed straight towards Floroma Town? I don’t know if we can make it there by nightfall but I’m not familiar with the area here.”
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Trainer Palila Rae

Palila felt strangely at ease by being given something as simple as a wave and a smile.
    "So you're leaving this sooty city too? That's chill." She nodded her head back towards the group.
    "Miss shouty-pants and the others all seem to agree they wanna leave too. We are goin' to Jubilife to lay low and get new threads." She looked down at her own summery clothes, then across at Matthias in his dark hoodie.
    "I'm going to get something with SLEEVES- and Amy reckons all you guys who got in tv should change too. Whatever tho. I spose sometimes black is the new black?" She didn't want to press the issue, still thinking being in tv was surely not that bad.

She took a step back towards the rest of the group behind, and gave him a grin- but then frowned a little at his mention of being a scout. These roles, and the fact that she didn't have one; was she jealous or concerned? It was surprising- even those who didn't seem to respect Sohpies authority seemed to respect whatever authority gave them a role.
    "Whoever told all you guys to have these weird as roles musta been pretty good at getting into your heads, coz I swear I've heard the others diligently mention their 'roles' too... But I'm a free agent!.. .So, have fun out there! See ya on the other side of Jubi, Scout!" She gave him a salute and jogged back to the main group, deciding to check in on how Neith was going.

Palila ran up beside Amy and kept pace with her, trying to get a look at Neiths face to gauge what was going on.
    "Hey, bluebeadbabe, you doin ok?" She asked, not expecting a reply- it was more to show she cared. Replying to things was hard when you're crying, so she stopped studying her and turned attention to Amy.
    "Nice carry, lumberjane." it was a sincere compliment, but Palila had already forgotten Amy hated nicknames. She charged on, unaware.
    "So What's the deal with this roles business? Did you get one? Did everyone who was already here get one?"
    Last edited by Lychee; 04-11-2019 at 08:33 AM.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (18/18)
    [Croconaw, Male]
    Cordelia (16/16)
    [Staravia, Female]
    Freya (22/22)
    [Snorunt, Female]
    Terry (18/18)
    [Prinplup, Male]
    Karl (10/10)
    [Kricketot, Male]
    Martini (7/7)
    [Cyndaquil, Female]
    Items: x4 Pokeballs

Amy glanced over as Palila approached. Oh good, perfect timing. Perhaps she could thank her now. She glanced over her shoulder at Neith as Palila talked her. The girl didn't seem to be doing well but who was she to judge. She'd let Neith speak for herself. Then Palila turned her attention to her. Amy's eye twitched at the nickname. She mentally willed herself to be nice. Palila had just done her a favor after all.

"Please, I don't like nicknames," she replied quietly. "As for the roles, yeah I have one. I'm the Kecleon. It means I'm supposed to blend in with crowds and either gather information for us or, in this situation, get us supplies while we're fleeing from terrorists." Amy smiled at Palila and said, "I wouldn't be too hung up on it though. The only reason most of us right now have them is because we all happened to land near the same place so Professor Rowan just gave them to us when he met us. Since I have no doubt he's trying to get you your Trainer ID card soon, I'm sure you'll get a role as well." She chuckled. "Perhaps the role of Zoroark would fit you well, since you seem to be very good at causing distractions. Thanks for that by the way. I hate cameras."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

6. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Trainer Palila Rae

Palila tilted her head at the nicknames comment, and tried to wrap her mouth around a proper name the next time she spoke.
    "No problem, Amy." The word tasted weird and formal, so she resolved to avoid it.
    "A zoroark, aye? Well, they do have a cool hairstyle, and we are probably all due for a dye if we are going undercover. Reckon you'll go brunette, oh Kecleon girl?" She gave her a grin, wondering how much she was prepared to change.

“Oof no.” Amy laughed. “My face wasn’t on the TVs so for now a beanie and a change of clothes will suffice.” Amy blew some of her hair out of her face. “I take good care of these locks. If they’re going to ever be dyed it’s by someone I trust back in Kalos.”

Palila shrugged and touched the front part of her own hair, which changed color every few months. "Eh, suit yourself! Looks like you put colour elsewhere on ya bod--" she pointed to Amy's tattoo. "Its cool! Did it hurt?"

Having a normal conversation while they powerwalked through town was strangely soothing and grounding.

Amy glanced at her shoulder. “Ah yeah I love getting tattoos. Weird right? I don’t like getting my hair colored but I love getting my body colored.” Amy showed Palila both her tattoos. “Mhm, Yeah, they always hurt. But they’re great reminders of important things in life.” Amy pointed to her ribbon tattoo. “This one I got when I decided to switch to fashion for a career. Biggest decision of my life I’d argue.” Amy pointed to her new froslass tattoo. “This one I got while we were in Jubilife before we met you. It’s to remind me that I have a home to get back to. And I will get back to it.”

Palila nodded at the explanations, wondering if she would ever get a tattoo. It wasn't high on her to-do list, because she thought colours wouldnt show up well on her skin. She put the thought away to consider later.
    "So, for reals you're tryin to be some fashionable person?" Palila clearly didn't know what a career in fashion actually was. "I dunno if I've made any big descisions in my life like that."

“Yeah I am. Back home I actually have a few fashion lines for sale in some of the stores in Kalos. I’m actually supposed to be designing the outfit for a friend’s red carpet appearance right now but obviously I’m here instead of there. It was supposed to be my big break.” Amy sighed. “Oh well.”

Amys comment that she got the frosslass only a few days ago made sense to Palila.
    "Oh! So THAT'S why it's raised and a bit odd looking? Geez, I'm glad it's not infected! Can you imagine trying to access the doctors in this alternate universe gulpin-hole?" She laughed, trying to make light of the topic of not being in their own universes.

Amy nodded at Palilas' observation of her tattoo. “Yeah, it needs to finish peeling first which takes about a week. I have keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t get infected. That’s why there’s a bit of clear bandaging on it too.” Amy laughed a little and rolled her eyes. “Lord and I don’t even have insurance here. Xerneas knows this isn’t Kalos. I might actually have to pay for a hospital visit here.”

There was a short moment of silence after their banter. Palila broke it with a question.
    "... Hey, how do you know we didn't just get teleported in our own universe, to a different region? Has anyone tried calling their folks?"

Amy frowned at the question. “Yeah I’ve tried calling my girlfriend but when I called her police department they said they had no record of her ever working there.” Amy lowered her voice. “Plus the Kalos Drake mentioned is not the Kalos I’m from. Unless Lysandre came back from the dead and took over the region in two days, I doubt this is my universe.”

Palila bit her bottom lip in thought, really trying hard to comprehend interdimensional travel. It was lucky, she supposed, that she had even ended up somewhere that people spoke her language and had a similar kind of society.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Trainer Name: Neith Nimr
    Pokemon:

Fennel ♀ (6/6)

Escutcheon ♂ (18/18)

Nemesis ♀ (5/5)

Butterscotch ♂ (5/5)

Phalanx ♂ (5/5)

Shinx ♂ (8/8)
    Partner Pokemon:

Binary (N/A)
    Egg: N/A
    Items:
    Spoiler:

Pokeball x1
    Voucher for a Free Limiter Berry

Current Game Points: 21 (+1)

Neith was only vaguely aware as she was lifted to a chair, then out of the restaurant. The change in temperature snapped her closer to reality, which was when she realised that she was being carried on Amy’s back.

She felt a surge of emotions. Amy was willing to help her like this She wasn’t alone, and now she knew she could definitely count of Amy. The realisation helped to clear her mind enough to realise that she was having a panic attack.
    Ok, focus on something real. Well, that wasn’t too hard; Amy was literally carrying her.

Rae stopped by to ask how she was doing. Neith tried to respond, but found her voice wasn’t working yet.

After a few moments, Amy and Rae began talking. Neith focused on there voices, though she was unable to make out the words. Slowly, her heartbeat began to return to normal.

As the conversation began to lull, Neith tapped Amy lightly on the shoulder.
    “I-I think I can stand on my own now.”

Though her legs wobbled at first, after leaning on Amy for a few moments Neith seemed to have her body under control again.

Neith stared at her feet, feeling embarrassed. “I’m sorry about worrying you all.” She looked up at Amy. “Thank you for carrying me. I- I’ve never had a panic attack that bad before.”

Trainer Renny Thomas
    Team Status
    Valerie (20/20), Cornelius(20/20), Fiddle(10/10), Delta (14/14), Echo (9/9), Wilykit (15/15)

Partner Pokemon:

Arnny (f)(5/5)
    Egg: Growlithe (Steps to Hatch 40/40)
    [U]Items:
    Spoiler:

Health Items

Pokeballs
    Normal Pokeball: 2

Renny looked through the poketch device hoping to see updates about the story. Before the others came out he walked over to the next store and the story was on. Every window he checked was airing the interview. Renny smiled looking at Arrny.
    "Now everyone will know about Team Galactic and the legendary pokemon." He said sure that this was a good thing.
    Seeing Neith carried out however sent a shock wave through him. He wanted to rush over to check on her but she had people helping her. If this was because of him he couldnt handle it. These people already hated him or didnt actually talk to him. Mathias darted off most likely because he too was upset. While the others walked Renny made a choice. This group was no longer going to work. They had thier own goals and theyd never accept him or what he could bring. So when no one was looking he took off. Vanishing into the city backdrop.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (14/14) Emperor (16/16) Arc (15/15) *Unnamed* (5/5) Enigma (30/30)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Route 203
    Time: Noon
    Day: 3
    Date: September 7th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Renny, Kinnie, Matthias, Palila, Drake

As we left town, and got back to Route 203, the fog of panic left my mind, as I looked around. Neith seemed to be doing better, and surprisingly, Amy and Palila were chatting like two people who could be mistaken for friends. I slowed down the pace slightly, feeling a bit safer.

As this happened, I remembered what I told Palila early, and tried to call the Professor again. This time he picked up.

"Rowan speaking."
    "Professor! It's Sophie!" I explained, "We need a bit of help."
    "What's wrong?" The professor asked, sounding concerned.
    "We have two problems. Firstly, we found another trainer, but she doesn't have a trainer card and can't get accommodation like we can. Could you please organize one for her like you did for us?" I explained, "Her name is Palila Rae."
    "I will try and organize one, and have it sent to a Pokemon Center for you to pick up. Where are you heading?"
    "We are heading back to Jubilife, then north." I explained.
    "I will have it at the Etrana Pokemon Center in two days." The professor explained.
    "The other thing..." I muttered, "Renny filmed the attack at the lake, and sent it to a TV station. He did an interview and it aired. Our faces and some of our names were made public, after we made ourselves an enemy of Team Galactic."
    I heard the professor sigh, before speaking.
    "Lay low for now. I will make some calls and see what I can do about making sure that footage doesn't air again." The professor explained, "For the time being, I will try and figure out what I can about this Team Galactic and will be in touch."
    I thanked the professor, and was about to end the call before he spoke up again.
    "Also, I need to tell you!" The professor interjected, "Two more wormholes with trainers appeared near the lab! A girl about your age and a boy a few years younger. William and Marina. I have given them both the same as what I gave you. They stayed in Jubilife last night and checked in with Nathan there, so will probably find you soon. Keep an eye out."
    @Truly @5TailedDemonLizard

I ended the call, thanking the professor, before approaching Palila.

"I got a hold of the Professor. He will organize a trainer card and have it sent to Etrana Pokemon Center, which is about a day or two from here." I explained, "It will only be one or two nights more of sharing, hopefully."

@Brettles
    As you heal your Pokemon, you notice people looking at you and taking pictures. As you check your Poketch, you get a notification for trending hashtags.
    #TeamGalactic
    #VerityAttack
    #WormholeLoonys
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:54 AM.

Name: Kinnie Gutamen
    Pokémon: (6/6)
    | Hannig♂ | 18/18
    | Vilne♂ | 15/15
    | Fiona♀ | 15/15
    | Guinness♂ | 18/18
    | Beluga♀ | 15/15
    | Lonroch♀ | 14/14
    Items: x20, x1, x2, x1, x1
    Total Posts: 45

Once they got to the restaurant, so much happened so fast. They sat, they ordered, they ate, then the news aired. The news, featuring all of them at the lake. Renny had filmed the whole thing, then had somehow gotten it broadcast across the whole nation.

Kinnie witnessed some of her teammates panicking, leaving, collapsing, refusing to budge, arguing, and everything in between. She sat still, unable to touch her food as she processed everything. She certainly did not like being the centre of attention, and even if she felt like she did not draw that much notice there in the restaurant, now her face and her name had been burned into the public's mind. Something about that made her feel exposed, unsafe, and like she needed to hide.

Evidently, Matthias had the same idea, and slipped away almost unnoticed. Kinnie was going to follow, but then Neith fell to the floor in a panic while Amy helped her; Palila flipped off a table to draw eyes and Sophie attempted to rally the team.

Then, all at once, it seemed as if everyone was gone. Kinnie trailed behind, trying her best to stay out of sight. She followed the group and eventually caught up, a stern look of thought and uncertainty woven through her features. Should she stay? Should she leave? What other choice did she have? Was Team Galactic really that much of a threat? And why had Renny exposed them like that? Perhaps his interests lay elsewhere and he cared little for the personal repercussions of each individual involved.

Her mind lingered on Renny as she looked about while the group was moving. She couldn't see him anywhere.