GCEA version: Platinum
Trainer Name: Kinnie Gutamen
Link to stats: Sig
Word Count: 745

---

Entry #1
11/02/2019

Day two of my presence in the Sinnoh Region:

Writing down thoughts seems useless. This serves only as a time-wasting activity and does not further my goals. Scrawling words on a piece of paper is just another way to procrastinate while I try to figure out what has happened. Although I am aware of this, I have seen some of the others recording their words. I might as well keep a log of the things I have experienced in case they could be useful to reflect on in the future.

I do not know what is going on. The day that began back in Lush Jungle was dedicated to training and tracking. It had been my father’s idea, as most things were. However, he had also suggested that I should see the region’s professor to obtain a pokémon. I asked him why I should, but he did not answer me. I also knew that the professor was located on Melemele Island. I inquired as to how I was going to make my journey to another island, but my father merely instructed me to find the answer myself.

My father is wise and knowledgeable. He is capable of making rational decisions by analysing situations and using logic as his tool. He does not falter when he believes he is right, which I view as a strength. It can be destructive to doubt your own conclusions. Acting at the appropriate time can be the difference between success and failure, whereas waiting to see if you can prove yourself wrong, or if someone else can prove you wrong, leads to messy executions and potential missed opportunity. He taught me this, so I elected to follow his advice and begin to find a way off Akala Island, but I barely got through an hour of training in Lush Jungle before my plan went to waste.

It is a curious world. There are things that I cannot explain, and that my father did not prepare me for. One such thing is the open portal that the jungle exposed me to. The light was initially fascinating, and in that moment I felt inner conflict. I wanted to move toward the portal, but I was also trying to urge myself to flee. The fight or flight instinct is incredibly important to listen to. In this instance, I abandoned my instincts and instead was drawn toward it by curiosity—neither of which is fight or flight.

Because of this curiosity, I was teleported to this region. A region far from my own with which I am unfamiliar. Most notably, the pokémon I have seen here are not native to Alola. Some of these pokémon are now in my possession. They will help me return home.

Currently I am travelling with a group of other humans. Each one is different, but I am not yet familiar with each one personally. One of them, Matthias, is very skilled at stealth. I suspect he might also be a thief. When the camera boy and I were captured by the strange turquoise-haired Team Galactic people (who I first thought to be a water polo team) at a lakefront, Matthias helped us escape. I was impressed by his skills.

Much happened that day, but the most mysterious of each event was the appearance of a mystical floating pokémon who appeared to live inside a cave at the centre of the lake. This creature was what Team Galactic was after. I do not know why they were in pursuit of this pokémon, but it gave off an energy that caused me to wonder just how powerful it was. Then, as quickly as it had come, it vanished.

I now have three pokémon travelling with me, and I believe that they will prove useful in my quest to return back to Alola. I wonder if…Father has noticed I am gone. I wonder if he will look for me, or if he will wait for me to find my way back to him. I suspect he will wait patiently; he has no reason to fear for my safety because of the many lessons he has passed on. Just as I have no reason to be concerned for him.

I suppose…writing my thoughts down has helped me a little. Perhaps Father would think it was silly. Perhaps I will come to think the same. For now, this helps me to organise my thoughts.

Sometime soon, I will find my way back.

Kindrea