Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

GCEA Sketchpad [Open]

Gotta Catch 'Em All: Sketchpad

“It’s an idea or a feeling artists need to get. If they don’t have it, it’s tough to create anything good.”
    Tracey Sketchit

The Basics:
    As this forum suggests, players that are participating in the forum game, Gotta Catch ‘Em All, may earn additional points for art that they create based on events that occurred in game!

Players may draw any Pokemon that their characters own in the story. The art will be graded upon how much effort was put into the piece as well as the relevancy to the story (was there a scene the Pokemon was involved in, stayed true to the story, etc…).

Then, the drawings will be graded from a 5-15 point scale system. 5 being a super quick drawing of a Pokemon that seemed as if no effort was put into. And, 15 being a nicely done Pokemon with the complete scene and had a lot of effort put into.

To put it simply, players will not have to draw a whole scene of GCEA, but will still get points for drawing their Pokemon. However, those that go the extra mile will get more points.

Lastly, the only people that are allowed to judge art in this thread are the GCEA mods that were given permission to judge. (If you would like to become a judge, please contact @Desolate Divine!)

Rules:
    - Keep in mind the PXR posting rules. They can be found here.

- No inappropriate art, please! I cannot stress this enough!

- Do not steal art from users on this site and other websites. This is not only unacceptable in GCEA, but PXR as a whole. It is theft, and you will be subject to an infraction or worse.

- You may only earn points from the sketch pad once per week. (I mean, I enjoy seeing everyone’s art, but if you wanted to just earn points, that’s the limit.)

- Do not reuse art that you have previously posted on this forum. (There's a difference between putting a piece in your thread and reusing a drawing you did a month ago before your submission.)

- This isn't so much a rule, but makes the forum look tidier. Please put your art in a spoiler tag to prevent it from being HUGE on the page. Thank you. c:

- Lastly, please do not quote the first post!

- If your post does not get graded within a week (7 days), you will be rewarded the full 15 points.

The Grading Rubric:

Originality:

If you steal somebody else's work, you will not only be penalised or kicked out of GCEA, but you will also deal with harsh PXR consequences. Stealing is a crime.

I'd also appreciate if no one draws on top of an image off the internet. (Like, drawing a Geodude into a real life picture of some mountains.) If you do, I'm only giving you 1 point in this section. While others are drawing the whole image, drawing a simple/crude background will give you more points. (Plus, as an artist, you want to push yourself to become better!)

Effort:

This is on a scale of 0 to 13 points.

0 is a crudely done drawing where stick figures and circles for Pokemon are abundant. (Please don't bother if you do that.)
    2 is a colourless sketch of a Pokemon, period. That's it.
    4 is a piece that took some time but was quickly submitted after a few minutes of work. (I usually gauge this by how the Pokemon look. Did it seem like you looked up what the Pokemon looks like? Was there a background? Etc...)
    7 is basically what 4 is but with colors thrown in and a bit more effort.
    13 is a piece where EVERYTHING in the drawing has been worked on; Pokemon, shading, brightness, colors, background, etc... And yes, you can get in between these values.

Sticking to the story:

This is on a scale of 0 to 2 points.

0 being no relation to the story, just a drawing of said Pokemon.
    2 if you gave me a link to the post and gave a brief overview of what happened; e.g. "Lola's torchic evolved."

With that said, it is possible to still get a fair number of points by drawing, even if you're not a good artist! It's about effort, not artistic skill and experience.

Art Submission Form:

Code:
    GCEA version: 
    Trainer Name:
    Link to your trainer stats: 
    Link to the post the submission is based on/summary of the event:
    Pokemon being drawn: 
    Submission:

Below is an example of a submission:

GCEA version: GCEA Gold
    Trainer Name: Cybil
    Link to your trainer stats: *pretend link here*
    Link to the post the submission is based on (optional, but helps me a lot): Cybil's first encounter with Clay the Sandshrew! *pretend link to post here*
    Pokemon being drawn: Sandshrew
    Submission:
    Spoiler:

(That's my drawing, btw. I give myself permission to use it, etc...)

And, that’s all there is to it! If there are any questions, feel free to PM me, any of the GCEA mods, or post the question here in the GCEA club forum. Happy drawing, everyone!

Current Graders
    @Suicune's Fire

Last edited by Rival Max; 07-13-2019 at 07:05 PM.