Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

The great Sinnoh Dex debate

So @Rival Max and I are at a disagreement about something in GCEA Platinum and neither of us are willing to budge, which means between us there will be no resolution.

Instead of us needlessly arguing for hours until we want to kill each other, we figure we will let the people who it actually affects (you guys) make the call. What we will do is have a civil, formal debate, where we both will present our arguments, justify our arguments, and rebut the opposition, and when the debate is over, there will be a vote from you guys about which way we go about this, in order to have some resolution.

At any time, you guys can post a question addressed to either one of us here, and it will be answered in the recipients next post, in addition to their arguments.

This debate will be moderated by @Suicune's Fire, to make sure it is fair, and doesn't get out of hand. Her word is law.

Rules for myself and Max.
    1. Follow the given structure (easy enough).
    2. Don't respond to questions addressed to the other person. If people want one of our opinions, they will ask us. This also goes for interfering with answers. Discussion between the two parties will be based purely on the dialogue of the debate NOT answers given to questions.
    3. We go with what the players vote for. If the playerbase disagrees with me, I am willing to concede defeat. I expect the same respect.
    4. Keep it civil and formal. No swearing (aimed at me even censored)) and keep arguments educated and to the point.
    5. If either participant feels like rules aren't being followed, tag the moderator and let them decide whether it is appropriate.

Here is the source of the debate.

Previous versions of Gotta Catch 'Em All have a rule that prevents Pokemon from the GCEA Regional Dex of the given region being able to be given as gifts from most events. In GCEA Platinum I have wanted to scrap this rule, allowing any base level, non legendary or mythical Pokemon be an option for event rewards. Rival Max disagrees and wants us to keep the rule.

The structure will be as follows.

Rival Max: Contention
    Desolate Divine: Contention/Rebuttal
    Rival Max: Rebuttal
    Desolate Divine: Rebuttal
    Rival Max: Rebuttal
    Vote opens.

I am placing Rival Max first, as the initial discussion came from him. As an act of good will, I am also allowing him to finish the debate, to show that I am not trying to do anything less than fair. I want this resolved in a way that isn't one party doing what they want regardless of what the other party think, and I feel like this is the most effective way to reach a fair resolution, and intend for it to be fair to both parties. Hence why Suicune's Fire will be moderating. I trust her ability to remain just and impartial. All I want is this to be resolved in a way that is fair to both sides.

As mentioned earlier, if you have specific questions you would like answered by either party, don't hesitate to post them here. Just make it clear who you would like to answer the question.

So Rival Max, the floor is yours.

@Brettles @Noblejanobii @AWA1997 @Shruikan

2. This post has been liked by: