Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
I’ve not played in GCEA before, so I have no experience with the old system, thus I feel my opinion should bear less weight than the others here. That being said, I will admit that leaving too much to the player is a bad idea, but if it’s two parties who need to figure something out, making it public helps, at least to get slightly different angles on the issue. On other sites Jan and I are on, I put her as my partner in running the RPs I make, and if we seem to hit a wall with our discussions on possible plot elements we’re not sure about or restrictions we need, I ask the rest of the group publicly.

From the arguments I’ve seen, my first idea for a compromise is letting pokemon that are not available moving forward to become event rewards. For instance, the example with Shinx: after the first few routes, it is no longer available without backtracking, so it becomes eligible for being a random reward. However, if that is not a viable solution, I agree with the removal of said rule.

Again, like I said, I don’t have any experience with the old system, so take my post with a grain of salt.
You may be new but your opinion is just as valid. I see you saw the location guide lol

Pokemon who are missed out on are always added back in. In the case of shinx or other limited pokemon. Its always a priority to get players those pokemon.