Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    Leveling up became an add on for the kanto games. We did it so that trainers could train the pokemon for a more real feeling. However if the pokemon nfe it can only be leveled up to the level of its evolution. From that point you need an ever stone to train it. But the cool thing about the ever stone is that if allows you to keep a base pokemon and get the evolution bonus
    I did not know that. XD Go me for keeping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    @AWA1997 @Brettles @Lychee @Noblejanobii @Rival Max @Shruikan @Suicune's Fire

Important Update
    So JD and I have been talking about how to make the level up system and evolution system a bit better.

In the past the system has now allowed Pokemon that were not fully evolved could not be leveled up.

JD and I wanted to create a system that allowed a level as you go sort of game as opposed to having to level them up a heap at once. However the issue with this was the costs of leveling gradual then evolving as opposed to just evolving being much higher.

So here is what we will do.

Once you evolve a Pokemon, you will be reimbursed for the points you have spent on level ups. So here is an example.

You have a level 5 Charmander, which you level up to level 12. This costs you 14 (7levels X 2 points) points, and you will put it on your trainer card.

You then decide to evolve your Charmander, which costs 16 points. You will pay this 16 points, and add the evolution to your trainer card. You will then fill in a reimbursement request form, and once that has been approved, you can add 14 points to your point total and remove the level ups from your trainer card.

Any questions? Feel free to ask!

Reimbursement Form
    Character:
    Pokemon:
    Level Ups purchased:
    Links to Level Up Posts:
    Stats:
    I think this form needs to be edited to make it easier for the player. Especially those of us with limited time and phone restrictions. Scrolling through pages and copy and pasting is hard on my phone. My suggestion is to remove the link line. Since the trainer card line is already on there. You can find the same information easily by going to the section marked level ups with the deductions. This information is also in the pokebank beyond those two it feels like an unnecessary step.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

3. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I think this form needs to be edited to make it easier for the player. Especially those of us with limited time and phone restrictions. Scrolling through pages and copy and pasting is hard on my phone. My suggestion is to remove the link line. Since the trainer card line is already on there. You can find the same information easily by going to the section marked level ups with the deductions. This information is also in the pokebank beyond those two it feels like an unnecessary step.
    I'm in favor of this!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

This was a request I put forward for the achievement thread, but was dismissed on the basis of wanting to make sure that everything is legit and needing proof to make sure that everything was accurate.

Basically, I already run the story, whilst studying full time and working three jobs, whilst volunteering enough for a fourth, and me having to now dig through the Pokebank thread to confirm that level ups were legit is another bit of work for me to run the game. I had a look at the bank thread. The posts have the links, so it is literally a matter of copy and paste on the players. Basically, by putting the task of finding the posts on me, it leaves me with more I have to do to confirm posts, which also makes posting updates take longer.

I approved Nobles reimbursement in a matter of minutes because she filled the form out correctly. If I had to find the post to verify it myself it would take three times as long.

Basically, I understand that it is a pain, but the difference between ten players spending a few minutes to find the link, and me spending a half hour trying to find ten players links makes it necessary.

6. This post has been liked by:

This was a request I put forward for the achievement thread, but was dismissed on the basis of wanting to make sure that everything is legit and needing proof to make sure that everything was accurate.

Basically, I already run the story, whilst studying full time and working three jobs, whilst volunteering enough for a fourth, and me having to now dig through the Pokebank thread to confirm that level ups were legit is another bit of work for me to run the game. I had a look at the bank thread. The posts have the links, so it is literally a matter of copy and paste on the players. Basically, by putting the task of finding the posts on me, it leaves me with more I have to do to confirm posts, which also makes posting updates take longer.

I approved Nobles reimbursement in a matter of minutes because she filled the form out correctly. If I had to find the post to verify it myself it would take three times as long.

Basically, I understand that it is a pain, but the difference between ten players spending a few minutes to find the link, and me spending a half hour trying to find ten players links makes it necessary.
    Honestly you could look right in the bank and all the levels were already claimed will be updated on the main post. I look through that stuff before i put it there.

With this reimbursement form it should just before for our records it shouldnt have to be approved. Its more for the player.

This is why i made the old form just have a claim added into it.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Senior Moderator

Look, I will be straight with you here. For players to gain points outside of posting it needs to be approved by a person in a position of authority. Even the sketchpad involves players being awarded points by the assessor. Players can't just add points to their card without approval.

So basically if you want this removed, you have to approve any and all reimbursement forms. Otherwise, I am not going to be told that something has to be changed that involves more work for me when really, what I am asking isn't unreasonable. Even on a phone, you open a new tab, open the Pokebank, hold down the link and click copy link location. The difference between this for you is an extra couple of minutes, but for me it longer because I am doing this for everyone. So yeah if you want this field removed, you have to be the one to verify and approve.

Look, I will be straight with you here. For players to gain points outside of posting it needs to be approved by a person in a position of authority. Even the sketchpad involves players being awarded points by the assessor. Players can't just add points to their card without approval.

So basically if you want this removed, you have to approve any and all reimbursement forms. Otherwise, I am not going to be told that something has to be changed that involves more work for me when really, what I am asking isn't unreasonable. Even on a phone, you open a new tab, open the Pokebank, hold down the link and click copy link location. The difference between this for you is an extra couple of minutes, but for me it longer because I am doing this for everyone. So yeah if you want this field removed, you have to be the one to verify and approve.
    The problem here is. This wasnt a new thing for you to do until you made it a new thing for you to do. The old way covered this without links and worked fine.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Senior Moderator

The problem here is. This wasnt a new thing for you to do until you made it a new thing for you to do. The old way covered this without links and worked fine.
    The old way involved people spending too much to evolve for the sake of level ups and had no written procedure. It was something that only you understood, so I hardly think that qualifies as evidence of this form needing to be changed.

The old way involved people spending too much to evolve for the sake of level ups and had no written procedure. It was something that only you understood, so I hardly think that qualifies as evidence of this form needing to be changed.
    People didn't spend anymore than they would have normally. Every player in blue used it without trouble. Im not sure what you didnt understand about it. Youre the only one who didnt get it

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Senior Moderator

People didn't spend anymore than they would have normally. Every player in blue used it without trouble. Im not sure what you didnt understand about it. Youre the only one who didnt get it
    Let's have a look at the post count in blizzard blue, shall we? Desolate Divine: 3 posts. That's right, I didn't stick around in Blue, because I see it as a sad attempt to relive the glory days of pe2k.

Let's have a look at the rules for Blizzard Blue, shall we? Nothing in the rules about how you don't spend more money levelling up before evolving.

Let's have a look at the rules for Platinum, which were written by yourself, shall we? Abso-freaking-lutely nothing in the rules about how you don't spend more money levelling up before evolving.

My stance isn't unreasonable. You want this change, I don't. This change has more affect on me than it does on you. So if you want this change to happen, you need to pick up the extra work it is going to bring for me.

And I'd think twice before making comments like that last sentence of your post. Insinuating that I am somewhat at fault because I don't understand something that you have not communicated properly.

Now what's it going to be? Are you going to help me in order to make this change happen, or are you going to expect me to pick up the slack from what YOU want?