Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar

[SU] A Tale of Those who Awoke - Poipole's and Palkia's Alpha Test

Note: This is a test for the Poipole's and Palkia's system. There will be no technical combat in this story, as we try and get a feel for how things work out. Please see the Technical Discussion with all the links here.

'Welcome... you've awoken my friend...'

A common first phrase to hear when anyone Awakens... consciousness like you've never known. You're tired, exhausted, but you press on. Eventually you find yourself in a small village. Buildings, fences and glances all greet you as you enter. At first, they're apprehensive, but then they welcome you after a few days. You're told this is the small village of Wakken. Given a small pack with some basic provisions, tools and coin. There are other Pokemon here, some with grand homes, some with smaller abodes, but shops and professions. However there are the Pokemon outside. Pokemon of a more dull, simple complexion. The ones here are vibrant, full of life and diversity. What is the cause for this difference? Were you one of these dull beings only a week before?

'You aren't alone...'

Soon you find that, you aren't the only one waking up. In fact this isn't the only place Pokemon are Awakening. Soon you know of other villages, they too have Pokemon joining them every so often. New arrivals with strange clothes and equipment visit Wakken. Maybe you were one of the visitors. Maybe you were one of the witnesses.

'Not everyone wakes up...'

There are other Pokemon, wild, frenzied... almost lost in their colouration. They attack Wakken every few weeks. Pokemon die, buildings and homes damaged... you want to do something about it. Strangers have come here to do something about it. You have a drive to join these strangers, but no skills yet. Where did you gain your skills?

Were you a simple Fighter?
    Do you have the quiet streak of a Rogue?
    Someone skilled as a Ranger?
    Did you find faith as a Cleric?
    Does your passion drive you as a Barbarian?
    Did another being find reason to turn you into a Warlock?
    Was the study of power what made you a Wizard?
    Were songs and tales your taste to being a Bard?
    Had something naturally wake you to being a Sorcerer?
    Does a promise create a Paladin?
    Wills of nature maybe called to your inner Druid?
    Patience and training maybe had you follow a Monk way?

Whatever your skills, you had to find out. So did others, as many were coming to Wakken Village to search. The monstrous Pokemon had earned the name Slumberwrought. Many assumed there might be a price to pay for Pokemon that could not Awaken properly. Perhaps if something was waking Pokemon to a higher state of being, something else may be dragging them back down into a lower state of existing. Whatever it was, the Slumberwrought were powerful, dangerous, and they needed their mystery solved. There have been job postings everywhere, in every tavern and bounty board you see. Many are afraid, some too emboldened for their own good. Which one are you? Who will you adventure with?

RULES:
    • This is a D&D 5E style game. Thus my role is playing the world and every NPC and enemy in it.
    • All normal RP forum rules apply.
    • Due to the nature of the game, some of the outcomes of some Player decisions will be narrated by myself, as some will require rolls.
    • The first experiment for skill checks will be me rolling for them while posting the results.
    • As this is all written format over a much longer period of time versus D&D normal at the table and in real time, things may be a little wonky.
    • If you are familiar with D&D, please help those who can't!

CLASSES:
    Barbarian
    Your emotions sustain your ability for combat. While in a rage, you become a fearsome warrior that will not relent. Your raw strength is often unmatched by most, only finding challenge in monstrous opponents.

Bard
    Your ability to weave words into arcane fantasies to embolden your allies or deflate the morale of your foes is your talent. Your songs bring rest or pain to those you choose.

Cleric
    Faith and devotion to a being in the cosmos, one that you believe to be one who watches the best interest of the world. Your power comes from your belief in a higher power.

Druid
    The world runs it's course no matter what happens. Your sense of the natural world is so strong you may as well be apart of it. The wilds don't scare you, even some creatures don't sense a disconnect with you.

Fighter
    A simple soul, with battle prowess that is refined in different ways. Your natural weapons are your master tools, and your ability to strike with haste is scary. You can command, or advise in your moments of battle.

Monk
    Patience and training. You don't need claws, or fangs necessarily. You understand an energy of the universe not often acknowledged. All you need is yourself, and you can be your own deadliest weapon.

Paladin
    Your words and vows are your strongest power. An oath that cannot be broken or dire consequences will result. These promises empower you, making you a difficult foe to fell.

Ranger
    You've traveled far and wide, seeing lands far beyond the safety of your home. You prefer an efficient approach and are self sufficient in the world around you.

Rogue
    Quiet, full of guile, you pick and choose your battles, your targets. Those on the receiving end of your bad moods should be afraid. You make a great friend, and a terrifying enemy.

Sorcerer
    You have a natural power within you. It's origin is unknown, but it empowers you in ways you may be afraid to learn. You can't be rid of it though, so you may want to learn to use it.

Warlock
    You were an ordinary individual... until something heard your cry for help. Benevolent, malevolent, you are unsure, but you have abilities for a price. You will fufill this bargain though.

Wizard
    Constant study of your natural abilities beyond the physical realm. Your skills and studies have brought you above those who use tooth and nail to fight back the monsters.

THE SIGN UP SHEET

Name:
    Pokemon Species: Basic Pokemon ONLY, no baby Pokemon, Legendaries. Some other Pokemon may be off the table for story purposes. I will give you species traits once you choose a Pokemon.
    Level: You're all technically a level 1 character. For Pokemon comparisons, D&D is 1-20, Pokemon is 1-100, so take your character level, multiply it by 5 for the comparison.
    Class: There will be a few class mechanics given since this is a no combat test, I'm not giving out full class details yet. They are in the list above but I will be providing some details later on.
    Ability Scores: These are essentially your base stats for the game. You may choose these with this calculator. Do not Select a Race that will mess up your scores. When you're at 27/27, your selections are complete.
    Please watch this if you have no idea what any of these mean: Handbooker Helper: Ability Scores AKA What are Ability Scores?
    This might be helpful too: Handbooker Helper: Ability Checks, Proficiencies & Saving Throws AKA What is all this technical jargon I keep seeing?
    Please use the links in the technical discussion to see what bonuses you get, or I can let you know once your character sheet is done to the best of your ability.
    STR:
    DEX:
    CON:
    INT:
    WIS:
    CHA:
    Background: Give me some backstory on your character. Depending on your background, I will grant you additional skill proficiencies.
    Skill Proficiencies: You may choose up to 4 based on this list.

Ability Score Chart that shows what bonuses you get based on how high your stat is:

There will be a lot of talking on creating characters! It's a lot of work and trust me when I say there will be no instant acceptances of sheets. Don't worry though, it's not as hard as it seems! I'm just bad at explaining. I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible so bear with me.
    Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 02-16-2019 at 03:26 PM.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

2. This post has been liked by: