Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

GCEA Discord Concerns

I've created this thread because there is a growing level of concern about how people are treating each other in the GCEA Discord group. What I've seen in the last couple of weeks is NOT acceptable and it needs to be addressed here on the forum. It is my hope that this thread will finally address some issues that have been causing many minor disagreements and misunderstandings. If these issues can not be handled in a proper fashion then Senior Staff on PXR are going to be called in and punishments are going to be handed out. However, before that happens I am prepared to take steps to get back control over the petty arguments.

First things first. Jacob was selected by myself to GM platinum. He is the only other person in GCEAs 7 plus years that has ever been trusted to run a story to this extent. When he speaks, he speaks not only for himself but he speaks for me. No one in GCEA is a god mod and Jacob is more than willing to discuss GCEA story to an extent and how and why some things are the way they are. Please understand that he is the one creating the story, npcs and events on his own (I help when and add to the story too but I leave creative control of the story to him). There are currently 10 pcs active in GCEA which is a lot of people to write for. Other GCEAs have been around 5 PCs to keep things in perspective so Jacob should be given some breathing room. I personally couldn't be happier with how he is shaping Platnium in a way that fits his style. If not for him GCEA wouldn't have been revived so please when you are having fun remember that Plat is there because he pushed to bring it back to the forum and force me out of retirement. So that he could share his love for this kind of storytelling with all of you.

With all of that being said I believe that our biggest issue is the thin line between criticism and questions. GCEA is meant to be a long adventure. We will not be going from point a to b to c like in the game. To keep the story going and entertaining there have been multiple subplots that are added into the story. Some of which will be added based solely on all of you! :) So if a subplot is not to your liking understand that events need to happen to help establish the severity of the story.

The other issue is a criticism of peoples character choices. I understand some of you come from a more in-depth rp where the sign up is a set thing. However, in GCEA we have always accepted that the characters will morph with the story. If you see something you believe is out of character you must first ask do you understand the context of what happened to the character. If you are new and curious it is okay to ask how a character changed so much. Speaking from personal experience Renny in Plat was meant to be a nice guy with a disability. The character has changed and even I have concerns because I didn't expect the story to push him in this way.

Finally, the warning and this is the most important aspect of this thread. I created GCEA and I will not allow petty fights to destroy what I and others have worked so hard to create and maintain. Here at GCEA we may not always agree but we welcome suggestions for improving the game we also accept criticism to a point. My staff is very talented and extremely busy. I do not want them engaging in arguments that waste their time. So from this point on. If you have an issue with someone youre encouraged to come to directly to me. If you are curious about my credibility. Please understand that I have maintained one of the most active RPs on this and PE2K for close to 8 years. GCEA has brought in thousands of replies and has helped keep members connected to the forum for as long. I was an admin on this forum and I have worked hard to establish myself here and this brand to be unique to this community. I am available on Discord, FB and through PM. I need Jacob to focus on the story and Noble to focus on her exciting studying abroad and Senior Staff duties. From this point on I will be taking more of an active roll in getting this disrespect back in check. I will be handing out warnings to those who have caused this tension in hopes that they understand we need to be better. If the warnings are not taken seriously you will first be removed from the Discord if you continue after that you will be removed from GCEA, from that point on you will be handed over to the PXR Staff. If you all need someone of authority to look to in GCEA it is me. So those concerns will be addressed by me.

If this all seems harsh its because the peace of GCEA has been broken and myself and others are tired of logging on to discord chat to find another pointless fight. As a persons whose been involved in them myself I need to do better and I expect my staff and all general members to set a high standard for how we treat each other.

@Desolate Divine @Noblejanobii @Brettles @Suicune's Fire @AWA1997 @AWA1997 @Lychee @5TailedDemonLizard @Truly

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

2. This post has been liked by: