Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

@Lychee @Truly @brandon_g @Rival Max @Shruikan

Here's the first version of the skill system I've put together. I've gone with having a different skill for everything rather than roles, but I've kept the number of skills to a bare minimum. I've tried to keep this as simple as possible.

I've underlined the parts that I'm not sure about.

The Skills:

Melee Combat: The ability to overpower others with physical force
    Fighting, Restraining others

Performance: The ability to act and to deceive.
    Lying, Attempting to impersonate someone, Creating a distraction by drawing attention to yourself.

Stealth: The ability to move without being noticed.
    Sneaking, Lockpicking, Pickpocketing

Technology: The ability to use computers and other electronic devices.
    Hacking, Fixing, or building computers and computer systems.

Medicine: The ability to treat injuries
    Performing CPR, bandaging wounds.

The success of actions will be decided by a 100 sided dice roll, which Max will do himself. The appropriate skill modifier for your character will be added to the result of the roll, meaning if Max rolls a 32 and you have a +10 in the relevant skill, then your final result is a 42. If the final result is higher than the minimum required to pass, then you succeed at the action.

Everyone will start with 8 skill points, and can gain more by successfully completing missions. You can apply these skill points to any skill you want. The maximum possible skill modifier is +75, but you can only have one skill with a modifier higher than +60.

For every skill point you spend, you will gain a +5 to the chosen skill if your current skill modifier is under 30, or +3 if your current skill modifier is 30 or higher. This means that it would take 21 skill points total to reach the maximum skill modifier of +75.

What do you guys think? Does that last part over complicate things too much? Do you think those 5 skills will cover anything you want your characters to do? Anything that you think needs to be majorly reworked?
    Last edited by Dragon Master Mike; 06-04-2019 at 02:50 PM.