Site Editor

Administrator

Also after reading that interview:

/ / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

2. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Mittlee mentioned something about that small house being "the only one that makes me feel safe. Whenever I'm there, I feel happy and peaceful, like an angel herself is watching over me over there." I was thinking about checking #54 out anyway, but that little tidbit of info has me very curious.

On the flip side, #54c Rotting Cottage sounds pretty bad. Pretty bad as in I wouldn't be surprised if that just happens to be the front door of Netherfall's lair kind of bad. I may just go 54A-54B-54C-54D in this case, but I wouldn't check 54C without a clean bill of health just because of that warning.

Sooo... This is a reason I'm waiting to pick my Trait.

The Mimikyu is probably going to be the best one to handle all Investigations at this point, and should possibly pick up that skill.

Meanwhile, @Morzone, @arnisd, @Shruikan... Are you planning on doing some scavenging? Can you send somebody [edit: nevermind, I'll do it!] to interview him, so we know how it works? (that's an odd one, since it's apparently not a skill we learn... but also not an action that's currently unlocked!)

We have three people with the resourceful trait, so I'm glad I didn't pick that one. But it means I'm going to have to shift my plans (was initially planning to scavenge & forge to supply the team with all the money/items they might need).

So I'm thinking at this point maybe I *ought* to go Stealthy, and aim to do Investigations as well.

Alternatively, I could pick Charming, though I'm still working out all the ways to gain Rapport and if there's even a point in trying to max it out.

Thoughts?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Does the Stealth trait have any bearing on Interviews?

Also may not be the best idea to tie me up with interviews since I’m one of the only two people with Seinaru.
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Does the Stealth trait have any bearing on Interviews?

Also may not be the best idea to tie me up with interviews since I’m one of the only two people with Seinaru.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Charming was the only one one that affected interviews.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Charming was the only one one that affected interviews.
    Sorry I meant investigations. Does the stealth trait have any bearing on investigations?

And since investigations take up two cycles, I’m not sure tying me up for that long would be a good idea since I’m one of two with Seinaru.
    / / / / / / / /

Okay so, in the traits list, it does say Stealth is useful for Investigate, and in investigate it further elaborates on why--

Quote Originally Posted by Investigate
    Because this means you will be tailing your target almost all day and all night, you will be required to make a stealth check (a percentage roll) to see if you remain hidden. You will need to exceed 50% or above to remain hidden, and your dodge rate is taken as your stealth rate. These checks are made automatically and do not require user input, and will be made once at the end of each Investigate. If you pass the stealth check and remain hidden for the entire investigative process, your target does not spot you and you will return back to base with all the information you were after. If you fail the stealth roll, you will still get the information you learned, but the pokémon you are tailing notices you and either confronts you or flees, based on their personality. This may result in a -1 to your rapport score with that pokémon. This negative effect does not affect any other Emissary's rapport with this pokémon.

LUCKY STRIKE: It's possible to get a "Lucky Strike" with Investigate. This will happen when you use Investigate on a pokémon and it just so happens that they're either the Stalker who makes an attack during the Night Cycle, OR they just so happen to be the victim during that particular Night Cycle. If you manage to pass your stealth check and you happen to be following either the attacking Stalker or the victim, you will witness the murder and will be 100% sure of the attacking Stalker's identity. If you fail the stealth check, the pokémon will notice you before they attack or are attacked, and you will not know if they are a Stalker or a Stalker's victim.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hm alright I guess I can learn investigate then. We will just need to plan things way in advance. Any one y’all want me to investigate first? Because if not I’ll proceed with the next interview I had planned to do.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

It might help investigating to prep. Sometimes it takes a bit of luck too. I'd say go for it for now, Noble! Go ahead and try investigating.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..