Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I'll talk to 18. Bixas the Pinsir. Another fellow bug type.
    Interview Rapport: POSITIVE, INTIMIDATING
    +1 Shared type (Bug)
    +Intimidation Flying > Bug

It's easy to find another fellow bug-type in town, and you've heard whispers about Bixas now and again. You know to find him at the training grounds shared by all the guilds during the day, and you hope that he's still there early in the night.

As you flit into the training grounds, you see the sole form of a large, brown creature with two enormous, thorned horns. You figure that this is Bixas, and head over to him. He hears your wing-beats and turns around, a look of animalistic readiness in his eyes. You stop midair, putting up your two front legs to signal your friendliness.

"What do you want?" he growls, horns still ready and guard still up. You can see now that his body is covered in old scars.

You begin to explain your situation, and you watch as his hostility completely melts away, and he gives a short sigh, almost smiling with his vertical mouth.

"You just wanna talk? Well, why didn't you say so?!" he begins with a chuckle, kneeling back down to finish tying a rope onto a wooden post. He rotates a little to try to meet eyes with you. "Gimme a sec, will ya? Just gotta...ah, done." He stands back up. "Sorry 'bout that; this complete tosser I never seen before barges onto my training grounds, claims to be some almighty warrior, and starts knockin' these posts over left an' right. Starts threatening to make folks 'bleed all over the floor' or some nonsense. Anyway, kicked his arse, threw him out. But still had to clean up after him." He scoffs, looking back at his work to ensure its quality. "Anyway, what can I do you for?"

You explain that you are looking to find out about anything strange or unusual that he's seen lately, and would appreciate it greatly if he had any input. You mention your investigation of Stalkers, to which he tunes in a little more.

"Them Stalkers, hey? Right bunch of pricks, that lot. Real keen to see 'em stomped into the dirt. Look, I don't know about you, but I've seen some real nasty corrupted energy around the Merchants Guild and Voyagers Guild. Might find somethin' at Greg's place--he gets a lotta traffic through there. Potential location for Stalkers to show up and hide their stuff, right?" He shrugs a little. "I'll tell ya what, Carly--I got skills you might wanna hear about. You're tryin'a get rid of those Stalkers...well, I don't imagine they'll take too kindly to that. They've been known to kidnap those who get in their way, and you gotta know how to rescue 'em. You know how? 'Cause if not, I can teach you."

Bixas as been identified as a teacher for: Rescue/Escape.

ABILITY UNLOCKED: RESCUE/ESCAPE!

Spoiler:
    RESCUE/ESCAPE (ANY CYCLE) - 1 Action
    Stalkers have been known to capture their victims and torture them before making the killing blow. This is where your Rescue skill comes in. When a kidnapping happens, an announcement will be made detailing a time limit (in cycles) in which multiple Emissaries must embark on a mission to save the kidnap victim. Each rescue mission must be led by an Emissary who possesses the Rescue/Escape skill, but Emissaries who do not possess it, although not as effective on the mission, are also able to join. NPCs with the Rescue/Escape skill may also be brought along instead of or in addition to other players. Each rescue mission has conditions that must be met in order for them to be successful. A mission can still be attempted and completed if not all conditions are met--it just might have repercussions.

If you are kidnapped and possess the Rescue/Escape skill, the rescue mission to save you is automatically made easier.

How to use:
    If an NPC or player gets kidnapped, simply state, "I would like to Rescue Baldy the Braviary." If taking NPCs who know Rescue/Escape with you, ensure to include them in your post.

"You know what? You seem like a strong one. Lemme pose somethin' to you: all this Stalker shite aside, you interested in makin' a bit of money? 'Cause, uh, if it weren't already clear, I like to fight. And I'm strong. I haven't had a good fight in a mighty long time. So, indulge me a moment; you or your investigator friends want to win some cash and a special gem, you go ahead and challenge two particular folks and beat 'em. They'll give you rewards too. You beat Meela-Tay and Zephie, and I'll challenge you. Gotta warn you, though--super effective moves don't work on me. And I'm not wearing it now, but my plate armour can withstand a lot of damage." He seems proud as he talks, but you can also tell that he's worked hard to get where he is. "What do you think?"

SIDE MISSION STARTED: A Contest of Strength
    Spoiler:
    Bixas has not been defeated in a long, long time. He trains daily in the training grounds, and prides himself on being innately strong. He has been waiting for a worthy challenger for a long time now, and challenges the Emissaries to find someone worthy enough to beat him. However, he will only agree to face them if they have defeated the other two challengers on his list. Emissaries can clearly see that he is powerful, and he warns them that super-effective attacks will have regular effect on him. If they are going to battle him, it won't be easy.

Objective: Beat Zephie and Meela-Tay in a friendly battle, then challenge Bixas and defeat him.

Rewards: $??? SP$ and [Rainbow Gem]

"You caught me at a bit of a bad time, Carly--I'm about to head back to the Mercenary Guild to get some shut-eye, since that corruption's all wrapped around Trinket Tower. I may be strong, but I know better than to wade through Stalker influence." He chuckles a little, then holds his fist out for you to fist-bump. "I'll catch ya."

He collects some of his belongings resting on a bench nearby and heads out, leaving the training grounds empty.

Carly the Yanmega (L: Bug/Flying)
    Health: 12/12 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 6/8
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Technical
    Trait: Nimble

2. This post has been liked by: