Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The King of Digimon Fiery Fastball's Avatar

PXR Fakedex Idea Project

This is where we put our ideas for a Pokemon region together in a collaborative project.

I will start with ideas for the Starter Trio. There will be five ideas for each Type, all will be dual-typed when Stage 2. I do not have names yet, and my spriting skills are nonexistent.

Grass:
    1. Koala
    2. Lemur
    3. Giraffe
    4. Zebra
    5. Moose

Fire:
    1. Hyena
    2. Panda
    3. Tiger
    4. Rhinoceros
    5. Sloth

Water:
    1. Camel
    2. Elephant
    3. Beaver
    4. Walrus
    5. Hippopotamus

Voting for Starter ideas ends December 27. PM me with your votes for Grass/Fire/Water starters and dual typing for their final forms. Then the day after I will let each of you come up with ideas for the early route bugs/rodents/birds. Voting for the early route ideas will end February 1.
    Last edited by Fiery Fastball; 11-30-2013 at 06:30 PM.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I'd love to help, but I'm not the greatest at scratches. :/ I'll send you a PM with my votes, though!

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

If you wanted my votes, I'd pick: Koala (Grass/Fairy) Tiger (Fire/Dark), and Hippo (Water/Steel)

The Koala would become a bit like a tribal shaman, the Tiger would end up as a bipedal Spartan [ as in Leonidas, not Master Chief] feline with Saber-teeth and long claws like WarGreymon or Wolverine, and hippo would somehow resemble some kind of superhero.

EDIT: The map layout of the region can be based off one of these countries:

A. Mexico
    B. China
    C. Italy
    D. India
    E. Greece

I think Mexico would be most interesting.

I also have ideas for the Legendary Pokemon.

The mascot trio could based on the daily forms of the sun god Ra in Egyptian Mythology. The mascot of the first game will be a Bug/Ground scarab beetle rolling a mystical orb, and based off Ra's dawn form Khepri. The second member of the trio will be a Fire/Psychic ram with outward twisting horns, based off Khnum, Ra's nighttime form. The trio master,a falcon, will be based on Ra himself, and will be Fairy/Flying.

The minor trio (like the Bird/Dog/Regi/Lake/Musketeer trios) would be based on Greek Mythology's big three brothers, Zeus (Electric/Flying), Poseidon (Water/Ground), and Hades (Fire/Ghost).

The Mythical Pokemon I do not have ideas for, but if you have any ideas for ANY Fakemon, post them here or PM me.
    Last edited by Fiery Fastball; 12-07-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Member of the blue crew Mr. Nyan's Avatar
    I would love help too! Also, I vote for China. I can deal with scratches, but shading is not my strong spot.

Titles:
    Member of the blue crew(although my fave color is green)
    King of the Dots
    <insert another title here>

I dont know Greece has a lot of history. The Colosseum and all the other old buildings would be interesting to add into the game. Plus with the old greek gods you could really create some cool legends based off of them.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Joseph Dredd View Post
    I dont know Greece has a lot of history. The Colosseum and all the other old buildings would be interesting to add into the game. Plus with the old greek gods you could really create some cool legends based off of them.
    Yeah, I'm going to have to go with Greece. For these reasons.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

>Water-type camel

Well then. My idea is that it should be a Water/Rock type upon its final stage (Or maybe middle stage?) of evolution. I'd personally like it to lean a bit more toward Attack, Special Defense, and HP. Its defense shouldn't be too bad either.

As for movepools? I would include Double Kick, Stomp, Scald, Toxic, Sandstorm, Work Up, Strength, Head Smash and Pursuit. Scald is there because camels are usually found in deserts, which are very hot, and tend to spit. It makes sense that the camel Fakemon would spit out boiling water if it were agitated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Chibite View Post
    >Water-type camel

Well then. My idea is that it should be a Water/Rock type upon its final stage (Or maybe middle stage?) of evolution. I'd personally like it to lean a bit more toward Attack, Special Defense, and HP. Its defense shouldn't be too bad either.

As for movepools? I would include Double Kick, Stomp, Scald, Toxic, Sandstorm, Work Up, Strength, Head Smash and Pursuit. Scald is there because camels are usually found in deserts, which are very hot, and tend to spit. It makes sense that the camel Fakemon would spit out boiling water if it were agitated.
    What about Grass and Fire?

I don't have any actual ideas for the Grass and Fire starters. I will think of such in due time, though. Don't you fret, Fiery.

A fairy a day keeps the Hydra away The-Hydra's Avatar
    I think we should probably do Tiger for the fir starter, Considering all of the fire starters so far have been animals from the Japanese zodiac, And it would be nice to keep that tradition going. And I guess it's final stage could be....Fire/Dark? I dunno, Just an idea. I'd love to help, But I can't really do scratches. Do we have anybody so far who can even make decent scratches?
    Spoiler:

TEAM MAGMA WOOOOO