Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

.:POKEMON CROSSROAD'S OFFICIAL SHINY EVENT:. Digital Art Contest

Hello and welcome to one of Pokemon Crossroad's official contests in the Shiny Event. All across the forum, there are many contests in every section, and you have found Artist Easel's Contests.
    Does this contest not suit you? Well feel free to visit the other contests happening in this section
    Fusion Spriting Contest
    Traditional Art Contest

What is this all about?
    All over the site, each section is hosting their own events in this exciting Shiny Event, whether it be battling, writing or even special roleplays, but here, we have set up a few art contests where you can showcase your art and compete with each other to win first place and win prizes.

What will I win?
    What will you win? Well, that depends on your place in the contest. The first three placing winners will be awarded points on their winnings which they can then use to redeem prizes from the Shiny Event Prize Redeeming Thread. There, there will be a selection of prizes which you may choose from as long as you have the amount of points that is specified for that prize. If you win multiple contests, your points will be added up as they all act as the same type of points.
    These are the current Prizes:
    1st Place: Three Redeem Points
    2nd Place: Two Redeem Points
    3rd Place: One Redeem Point
    What will happen?
    The process of the contest is quite straight forward. Down, near the bottom of this post, will be a form that must be filled out, you must fill it out fully and include your work. Then when the deadline is hit, which will be in ten days of the day it starts, which will be 13th February. All of the entries will be looked at by the judges and we will all discuss what we think the piece of artwork deserves. There are four sections to be judges on and all have a mark out of ten, making the highest possible mark from one person, 40. The sections you will be judged on are:
    Creativity
    Thoughtfulness
    Sticking to the brief
    General look
    We will then add up the scores from the four judges and the one with the highest score will get first place and so on. You will all also have a paragraph explaining why we gave you a certain mark. Therefore you will get valuable feedback for next time.
    Also, at the end, look out for a thread with all of the winners on that will be posted here in Artist's Easel. There you can see if you have won anything.

Things you need to know!

Rules

• All PXR Rules apply here
    • No Plagiarism of work. This also includes art collaborations as well.
    • Fill in the needed information fully
    • Respect fellow members and the judges
    • Respect the final results.
    • Read the brief and follow it. Not following the brief will lead to your entry being ignored
    • Have fun
    • Include the phrase "Masuda Method" in your post to show you read these terms.

Brief
    This is what you must follow with your work.
    Your artwork must include shiny pokemon. They must be the main focus. Also, it mustn't just be a simple drawing of a pokemon. It needs to be creative and original, not just a copy of some official artwork. Any art program can beused, such as Paint tool SAI, Photoshop, GIMP or Paint. Any style may be used, such as realism, cartoonist or abstract. If you are better at editing, you can create banners or something similar, but most importantly, have fun with it.

Judges
    There are four judges for this contest. They are: @Corrupt_Voidlich @BisharpBlade @XaiakuX @Absol
    If you have any worries or need clarification, ask one of these people.

Dates
    These are the current dates for the contest period. It will last for two weeks overall.
    Entry period:
    Start: 3rd February
    Finish: 17th February

Judging period:
    Start: 17th February
    Finish: 18th February

Results: 18th February

Form
    Digital Art
    Name:
    Entry Piece:
    Pokemon included (optional):
    Description:
    Extra Details:

Entries
    Spoiler:
    Name: Charmander009
    Entry Piece: 500° Fahrenheit

Description: Banner Creation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:The picture of being too lazy to make a name
    Entry Piece:

Pokemon included (optional): Shiny Espeon
    Description: Just a standard shiny espeon. My first time using the program I made it with (Krita)
    Extra Details: As I said, Made in Krita.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Intel
    Entry Piece:

Pokemon included (optional): Mewtwo
    Description: A Mewtwo banner that emphasizes on the green color change Mewtwo goes under when it becomes shiny.
    Extra Details: I focused on a radioactive like approach using different art techniques and renders. Radioactive material is usually a lime green, and Mewtwo is a mutation, so I really wanted to make it look like the base Mewtwo was bursting with radioactive energy while the Mewtwo on the left is hanging on and the Mewtwo on the right is gazing upon the banner scene.
    Last edited by Coru; 01-27-2014 at 08:25 PM.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

2. This post has been liked by:

The Event has started! Good Luck!

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Looking forward to seeing some entries. :) Best of luck to everyone!

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

I would like to join, but you have me confused--can we use official art for banner-making? It sounded like you could only use original work (which I'm terrible at xD)

Um... I've had no reply... So I'm just going to go ahead and post what I have... Someone will tell me if it doesn't count eventually xD

Name: Charmander009
    Entry Piece: 500° Fahrenheit

Description: Banner Creation
    Last edited by FedoraChar; 02-09-2014 at 02:08 AM.

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

@Corrupt_Voidlich It's the date of the deadline now, If I can get something done today, can I enter it? Or is the contest basicly over?

Sorry everyone, I had not had internet for two weeks so that is why I seemed to be non responsive.
    @Charmander it is fine to use official art, just not someone else's art without consent. :3 @Dragon Master Te date was moved back to the 17th and I haven't had internet to change it so it is fine.

GCEA Staff

Oh, good, thanks XD. I was getting worried because I had thought the date was the 17th. Other contests from the shiny event had that date and I assumed all the contests shared the same deadline. I was planning to have everything done by then.

GCEA Staff

ALRIGHT.

Name:The picture of being too lazy to make a name
    Entry Piece:
    Spoiler:

Pokemon included (optional): Shiny Espeon
    Description: Just a standard shiny espeon. My first time using the program I made it with (Krita)
    Extra Details: As I said, Made in Krita.

Remember, this contest closes today! If you want to enter tonight be sure to post your entry before it finishes at 12:00am EST
    If you do not live in central america and have a different time zone, use this converter to check what that time will be for you.
    I wish you all luck and hopefully we should have the results up within the next one or two days. :3

I hope I'm not too late! <.<
    Name: Intel
    Entry Piece: Inside the spoiler below.
    Spoiler:

Pokemon included (optional): Mewtwo
    Description: A Mewtwo banner that emphasizes on the green color change Mewtwo goes under when it becomes shiny.
    Extra Details: I focused on a radioactive like approach using different art techniques and renders. Radioactive material is usually a lime green, and Mewtwo is a mutation, so I really wanted to make it look like the base Mewtwo was bursting with radioactive energy while the Mewtwo on the left is hanging on and the Mewtwo on the right is gazing upon the banner scene.