Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ☯Intel☯ View Post
    If we are to preserve old PS traditions, we have to look back at what PS was exactly. Pokestadium was mainly a spriting community. Now I do understand that the contests forum was made because of our transition here, but not all art on PS was necessarily related to contests. An old tradition I enjoyed was viewing top weekly creations made by other users on the forum. If there was some way of hosting a thread in the Artist's Easel for showcasing weekly favored creations on the main page along with the recent news, that could be a nice way of attracting people to join the community. A huge reason PS had so many members was because the creations showcased by the Pokecreator were very appealing and those interested in how to make sprites joined with hope that they could one day make creations with just as much detail and praise. Perhaps if Crossroads show cased sprites made from artists on the community, more members could potentially join here.

There was also the simple Catch feature that enabled you to have a team of six pokemon to go along with your member rank when you post, but I do not know the capabilities of the features that the PXR forum uses, so this might not even be possible unless you are experienced with coding and such. It was a neat little feature that encouraged members to log on daily to select one pokemon from a random mix to be trained and leveled and showcased below your avatar and rank whenever you post. This old feature isn't really a necessity to PXR, but it would really give that feel of the old Pokestadium and potentially make members have the urge to be more active to receive their random pokemon rewards.
    Thanks for the feedback! The first part should be easy enough. Corrupt or Absol are both art mods who are very friendly. I would suggest talking with them directly about this.

For the second part that would be a little harder. We would to know who added that to the forum and where it came from. It couldnt hurt to try it out. Sounds like are vpp but automated.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

URPG Staff

Well, since I'm just busy at the moment with other activities, figured I would pop this into here:

Before PokePavillion died and I lost the link to it, I had added a nuzlocke/playthrough section due to popularity of them back then and well, most of it has already been explained. I can probably find my way back into the site and grab everything if you guys like, it wouldn't take me long. Also, if I would suggest talking to anyone about old PS traditions besides Brightside, it would be ZoeticKitty or TheoreticalSelkie.

intel is correct though, PS was a spriting community mostly and some of us took it fairly seriously, otherwise the rest of the members were writers or just general Pokemon Fanatics.

3. This post has been liked by:

I'm in support of Intel's idea especially, yes. That little catching feature sounds adorable, and would be fun to log on to see that.

A sub forum for Nuzlockes and other game play throughs wouldn't hurt, and I would encourage people to do games other than Pokemon (if they fit into the rating area), which could help make the area boom as well. Obviously we'd want mostly Pokemon, but it is important to encourage fans of all series to have fun, and most people that are fans of Pokemon are fans of other game series. PXR isn't just about supporting the fandom of Pokemon, it's about supporting the fans themselves, and it's important we cater to everyone the best we can :3

/mini lecture over

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

5. This post has been liked by:

Any progress on this? :p
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
    Any progress on this? :p
    Im going to put the section today as a sub forum in the general boards. If anyone has any suggestions please contact me directly through PM.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

8. This post has been liked by:

Double Post Update. The Nuzlocke Section was created and put in the pass gen gaming section. I put it there because its seemed like the most appropriate. Please feel free to get your threads up and running! If you have any suggestions or question please pm me!

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

URPG Official/Head of Contests SLC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Joseph Dredd View Post
    Double Post Update. The Nuzlocke Section was created and put in the pass gen gaming section. I put it there because its seemed like the most appropriate. Please feel free to get your threads up and running! If you have any suggestions or question please pm me!
    Woo, sounds like a great idea. I'm sure I'll use it eventually, when I can be motivated to do one.

May I recommend changing it to a more general Pokémon Challenge Run forum, so that monotype/solo/whatever challenges can be documented too?
    Join the URPG, the #1 Battling Simular. All of the mons, none of the limits - Create, Capture, Compete.

| LINKS |

Quote Originally Posted by SLC View Post
    Woo, sounds like a great idea. I'm sure I'll use it eventually, when I can be motivated to do one.

May I recommend changing it to a more general Pokémon Challenge Run forum, so that monotype/solo/whatever challenges can be documented too?
    The section is suppose to be just that. Its meant to be for all Nuzlocke runs. Unless your saying that by calling it Nuclocke adventure people may not know they can post there?

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

URPG Official/Head of Contests SLC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Joseph Dredd View Post
    The section is suppose to be just that. Its meant to be for all Nuzlocke runs. Unless your saying that by calling it Nuclocke adventure people may not know they can post there?
    I was talking about expanding it to other kinds of challenges, not purely Nuzlockes, in case someone created their own challenge/wanted to do another challenge made by others.
    Join the URPG, the #1 Battling Simular. All of the mons, none of the limits - Create, Capture, Compete.

| LINKS |

Quote Originally Posted by SLC View Post
    I was talking about expanding it to other kinds of challenges, not purely Nuzlockes, in case someone created their own challenge/wanted to do another challenge made by others.
    I can include something in the description for the section if you like. If you want to help and create something for me Ill add it on. The point of the board is suppose to be for all journeys and challenges. I thought Nuzlocke was a general term for any challenge or rule based play through.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic