Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pokemon Crossbreed Gallery

The Pokemon Crossbreed Gallery!

Art (c) to Onemegawatt of tumblr.

I've been meaning to make this for a few days, now. ^^

The current Egg Group is: Field!
    It doesn't have to be a certain art form. You can draw it, pixel it, whatever. The egg group will change every month!

You may have heard all sorts of different names for these. Pokemon Variations, Subspecies, and Crossbreeds. They're all referring to the same thing, usually.
    It started with Pokemon variations based on the kind of habitat that the Pokemon lives in, but then somehow turned into Pokemon crossbreeds.

These aren't exactly fusions, though. They're a little bit different! Fusions try to incorporate two (or more) characteristics of a Pokemon in a relatively even manner. Crossbreeds, though, don't incite drastic changes to the Pokemon and instead give them more subtle physiological changes. Not too subtle, though, because let's face it: where would the fun be in that?!

Pokemon crossbreeds assume that the baby Pokemon acquires specific traits of the father Pokemon so that the baby looks a little different than it would if both its mother and father were the same species.

To provide an example, let's consider the following. Say I fuse together a Sneasel and a Torchic. Theoretically speaking, for this fusion I'd look at the traits of both Pokemon and try to create a new Pokemon that evenly incorporates both Sneasel and Torchic. So I might make the body type a little bit different than either Pokemon--a mix between the body types of the two Pokemon involved. Maybe I'd also give Sneasel a beak instead of keeping its regular feline nose and would take away its arms, similar to how the only "arms" Torchic has are the little tufts of feathers at either side of its body.

If I were to create a crossbreed between Sneasel and Torchic, though, I wouldn't really take anything away from Sneasel (at least nothing drastic, anyway). I wouldn't add anything TOO dramatic to it, either, such as giving it a beak. Remember: you're not making a different Pokemon by combining two. It'll be the same Pokemon at the end of the day...just, it'll look different. A lot different.
    It's a bit difficult to explain, so I'll show you what it resulted in:

It's honestly hard to put my finger on exactly what makes crossbreeds and fusions different. It's one of those things that if you know it, you know it; and if you don't, then you don't. Crossbreeds are more subtle, basically.

Search for Pokemon Crossbreeds on tumblr; you're sure to find some really cool results!

How It Works
    Every so often I'll post up a new egg group. That egg group will determine what Pokemon you can design crossbreeds for! Just make sure to use your own art, use common sense; you know the drill. If you're stuck, try tumblr. There's all sorts of really cool designs there.

Here's some of my own examples with Sneasel as the base Pokemon.

Fanged

Skunk

Sickle

Poofy

Yeah wow I'm horrible at names. OTL
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 05-01-2015 at 08:43 PM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Field Egg Group
    Poochyena
    Spoiler:

Polar Poochyena (Poochyena x Walrein) -Velocity

Jackal Poochyena (Poochyena x Seviper) -Velocity

Snivy
    Spoiler:

Desert Snivy (Snivy x Sandile) -Speed-X

Lavish Snivy (Snivy x Meowth) -Speed-X

Vulgar Snivy (Snivy x Scraggy) -Speed-X

Arid Snivy (Snivy x Sandshrew) -Speed-X

Gilled Snivy (Snivy x Wooper) -Speed-X

Palm Snivy (Snivy x Aipom) -Speed-X

Servine
    Spoiler:

Desert Servine (Servine x Krokorok) -Speed-X
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 05-06-2015 at 06:49 PM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

It is a great project and your sprites are amazing as always... I will post some myself once I am done with school. My schedule is kinda hectic at the moment. :D

4. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Come on, guys! Feel free to submit something. It's lame if I do it by myself. :P
    Gotta give people time speed lol

Are we supose to do them in pixel art forms like yours above??? Also you should post which pokemon you want to use somewhere so everyone can see it.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

6. This post has been liked by:

Hahah. It's by egg group, and I already have it posted up. :P Colored red and bigger now. And no, you can do it however.

------------

Thanks the bold red helps out ;)

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    I'm certain to do some at some point, so I'm gonna set up a post for that now. >:D

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

I'm glad to see some interest!

You know what's funny, though? With this next Snivy crossbreed, I had it in mind that it would be quicker and easier to just draw it digitally: pen tool, flat colors. And, of course, what better program to do that in than GIMP?

...Well, easier said than done! I think that half of the time I spent on this was spent on trying to get used to GIMP. Seriously. A flat-color lineart piece like this shouldn't take me a long time. At all. Anyway, here it is:

It's Snivy with Meowth; horribly dubbed as "Lavish Snivy." I figured it suited. Or something. Anyway I'm glad this turned out okay despite how utterly bland it is. Then again I guess that's kinda how I intended it to be... XP

Edit: This one is a little inappropriate, so in the spoiler tags it goes. Don't worry: it's nothing terrible, just Snivy giving you the finger.
    Spoiler:

Gave it a little more "pop" with some minimalistic pseudo cel-shading

I couldn't resist! :D It seems so suiting. Hence the name "Vulgar Snivy." xD
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 05-01-2015 at 02:48 AM.

------------

11. This post has been liked by:

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    I call this little monster "Polar Poochyena". It's the result of a Walrein-Mightyena crossbreed. I think it turned out a little bit bland, but that's why I'll be making more Poochyenas. XD

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

13. This post has been liked by:

I love it! I'm not sure if the floofiness really is a part of the fact that its part Walrein or is just your art style, but it's a really good and subtle detail. Same with the fangs being tusk-like!

Arid Snivy! Gilled Snivy is next. Guess which Pokemon it's mixed with huehuehue

------------