Thoughts on Love

I think about this topic a lot, not because I am a romantic but because I find it interesting how different people perceive the concept of love. Some people reserve it for family only, or significant others only, some for everyone, some for their friends, etc. Their definition of love can be extremely different than another person as well, some people even claim to feel love for nothing. Some people believe they can love their pets (I know I do) and other people say you can only love another person.

What's your definition of love? How do you know when you love someone? Is love just chemicals and hormones? Or is it a conscious decision? .. or a mix?

I personally see love as a good mix of hormones and a decision when it's between you and your significant other. I don't usually tell friends that I love them, and I occasionally tell family that I do. I definitely love and care for my family and pets, but I only really actively tell my significant other.

Occasionally I feel that people give up on their "love" too often. It's no secret that divorce rates are much higher than several years ago, and actually I think there are more people living single than married now (the first that's happened in recent history). For example, I think it's important to accept one's flaws, and when the "chemicals" and hormones run out for a bit you need to be able to say to yourself "this is what I love and respect about my partner, and these are the things I am willing to accept in hopes they too will accept my flaws". I'm not a relationship expert by any means, but I do know it's not a walk in a park and sometimes you have to put in a lot of effort! For the days where it's effortless though, to me, it's well worth it.

So what are your thoughts on the definition of love? What is it to you? Do you say it willingly to others? Or is it reserved for a certain person?

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

Someone's in a sappy mindset today ;)

Love is both pure and garbage. New love is addiction more than it is real love. In my experence real love only shows itself in the bad times, in the time when its the worst feeling in the world. Or the moments when despite all else there is a light still there. In most cases I would say people dont really love each other, they're just infatuated with each other. Off the topic of Cupids form of love.

I love pizza and my nephews, nieces and my cats. I tell pizza I love it all the time.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

3. This post has been liked by:

When it comes to love, I go one of my favorite songs- "Hey Ya," by Outkast. It's got upbeat music, depressing lyrics. Just read the lyrics.
    Specifically, one line:
    "If nothing is forever, then what makes(x3) love the exception?"
    Here's my answer: It isn't.
    I can say this, and feel free to think whatever you will of me, I do not necessarily love my family. They're the biggest bag of pg website, DarkNerd. I cannot wait until I can leave and stop dealing with them. One might say I loathe them. That might be true. The only member I love are my siblings, mostly because they're too young to have done any intentional damage, but my older sister is the only thing in this family that seems to actually try to help me with things. Which she has stopped doing. So I've got some family problems and probably said too much, so just imagine a puppy playing fetch with a kitten, but the kitten wanting to scratch the stick, so the two just constantly fumble over each other.
    As for friends... they can do horrible things to you. That's from personal experience. I feel much less comfortable sharing info with you on this, but I don't love my friends until they've earned it. Very few have. I like a lot of people and will help with pretty much anything (I'm better at finding places for your corpses than Siri is), but I don't necessary love or trust you.
    Then there's significant others.
    Never had one. Don't know. Which means that's the group that gets most of my love?
    Nope, friends still do. I really love the few that have gotten my love.
    ~~~Deviant Art~~~Pokemon Crossroads~~~Facebook~~~

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Love? You mean that thing that lodges daggers in your heart? When I say love, I generally reserve it for family. And my pets of course, who I consider family. Ive never had a girlfriend (Yet), but if I was in a serious relationship I imagine I would use the word love. And of course I say I love things like food and songs and stuff.

I think I share similar views with people who have already posted. I've never had a significant other, and frankly I'm glad to be single. xD One of my friends is having relationship issues right now and she's not even in a relationship, but has been, and it's stemming from that. It's too much of a hassle. x__x I also find it difficult to grow attracted to people. When I do, they're either already taken, a celebrity, or they don't exist. XD As in, characters. If I do like someone and then get close enough to them, suddenly I realise that those feelings were false and my panic sets in. All traces of attraction dissipate and my brain starts going, "Hang on. O___O This is NOT what you want. Abort, abort, ABORT. GIANT NOPE." XD It's sort of funny actually.

I love all my friends and family because my friends are fantastic and loyal, and my family is my family. Most of my close friends are ones I've had for years and they've never let me down, or when they did, it wasn't a big deal and we got past it without much trouble. I don't like that society puts so much emphasis on getting married and having kids. Ugh. I never want to be married and I never want kids. On top of that, I'm perfectly happy NOT having a "second half" because to me that sounds horrible. x__x And being someone that another person has to depend on is draining... I've been there in a non-romantic sense, as a friend, and it got utterly suffocating. I don't want to have to take someone everywhere with me, or do everything with them, etc... Seems like too much of a hassle.

People who say "you can't love this and that" have no concept of individuality, because of COURSE anyone can love anything. I would give my life for one of my brothers without a second's thought, and same for my friends. I love my cat to bits and I love other things such as Pokemon and Mass Effect. I love my stuffed toys for Arceus' sake. And yes, love is the correct term for these things because it accurately gauges how fond I am of them and how much they all mean to me. I'm also extremely sentimental, so it probably branches from that a little. xD

~SF.

7. This post has been liked by: