Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

GCEA One Year Commemoration Sprite Contest!

GCEA ONE YEAR
    SPRITE CONTEST!

Hello, good members, and welcome to the GCEA One Year Commemoration Sprite Contest!
    As you may have gathered from the title, this contest is to celebrate GCEA's one year birthday at PXR. Yes, this is a sprite contest, so get your pixels ready and use that imagination!

About the Contest!
    In this wonderful GCEAOYCSC, you will be designing and making your own hypothetical pre-evolved form of either of the Legendary Pokémon, Kyogre or Groudon! You can do both if you like, and enter both sprites. You can have references to their Primal forms if you like, but that's entirely up to you. As long as you design a pre-evolved form and sprite it yourself, that's all we're asking for.

There will be two winners--one will be the winning Kyogre pre-evolution sprite, and the other will be a Groudon pre-evolution sprite.

In order to win, you will need to succeed in these areas:

• Creativity
    • Neatness
      (includes shading, smooth lineart and colouring)
    • Effort
    • Likeness to Groudon/Kyogre

You need only make one sprite that is either a pre-evolution of Groudon or a pre-evolution of Kyogre in order to enter and possibly win,
    BUT
    you are perfectly within your rights to make and submit BOTH a pre-evolution of Groudon and a pre-evolution of Kyogre if you like. It is possible for BOTH of your sprites to win.

What's up for grabs?

As a prize, if you win, you will receive the following:
    1. You will win a REAL LIFE Pokémon keychain!* Looks like this! (Ignore the Pokemon Card.)
    2. Your sprite will be featured in all three Hoenn GCEAs! (Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.)
    3. You will win 30 points
    4. You win a free Ditto for your character in GCEA

It is possible to win the Groudon pre-evolution AND the Kyogre pre-evolution side of the contest. In which case, the winner will receive this twofold, with the exception of the second Pokémon being a different species than another Ditto.

*This first prize relies on people being able to give @Shadow Tracker Max a valid postal address. If this is not possible, you will win 60 points and an extra free Pokémon of your choice.

The contest begins on the 16th of June, 2014 and closes on the 30th of June.

Rules:
    1. All PXR rules apply!
    2. You may only enter a maximum of two sprites into the contest. However, in this circumstance, it needs to be ONE Kyogre pre-evolution and ONE groudon pre-evolution. You may not submit two Groudon pre-evos or two Kyogre pre-evos.
    3. Your sprite must be in by the deadline
    4. You must not use NON-OFFICIAL sprites! This means, do not use any sprites that are not in the games unless you've made them yourself! Basically, don't use sprites you didn't make or that aren't from the game.
    5. YOU MUST HAVE FUN.

Entries so far!

1. Dennis Jansen
      Spoiler:
    2. Dragon Master Mike
      Spoiler:
    3. Brettles
      Spoiler:
    4. Speed-X
      Spoiler:
    5. Tenacity
      Spoiler:
    6. Shadow Tracker Max
      Spoiler:

Good luck to everyone, and remember,

Last edited by Suicune's Fire; 07-07-2014 at 09:40 AM.

2. This post has been liked by:

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

By pre-evolution, You mean like, our own version of the AS OR primal forms of Groudon and Kyogre? Or actually just a pre-evolution as if it were a normal Pokemon?

Post Dennis Jansen´s Baby Kyogre/Kyogre pre-evolution

Its Monday the 16th of June now in my timezone so i hope its ok if i enter.
    Call it pre-evo if you want but i just wrote baby.
    Spoiler:
    INFO:
    Program(s) used: Windows Paint.
    Sprites used: D/P/PL Kyogre and Phione sprites (Phione only for its eye). And i was going to use Sharpedo but i didnt!
    Proof that i made it myself:
    Attachment 837
    The entry itself:
    Attachment 838
    Side notes: This is my first self-made sprite

Its not so good but as i said this is my first one!

(The copyright-thing is just so you see its mine)

Im MAYBE making a Groudon too... if so i will add it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    By pre-evolution, You mean like, our own version of the AS OR primal forms of Groudon and Kyogre? Or actually just a pre-evolution as if it were a normal Pokemon?
    Actual pre-evolution for the normal sprite. However if you want to create pre-evolutions for the new primal color patterns go ahead. As long as they are pre-evolutions and not just different version of the new primal devolutions.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    Sorry that was unclear, DM! However if the Primal forms were part of the contest as a requirement, I'd have said so. xD The pre-evolutions don't have to have anything to do with the Primal Forms; forget they even exist in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Jansen View Post
    Its Monday the 16th of June now in my timezone so i hope its ok if i enter.
    Call it pre-evo if you want but i just wrote baby.
    Spoiler:
    INFO:
    Program(s) used: Windows Paint.
    Sprites used: D/P/PL Kyogre and Phione sprites (Phione only for its eye). And i was going to use Sharpedo but i didnt!
    Proof that i made it myself:
    Attachment 837
    The entry itself:
    Attachment 838
    Side notes: This is my first self-made sprite

Its not so good but as i said this is my first one!

(The copyright-thing is just so you see its mine)

Im MAYBE making a Groudon too... if so i will add it here!
    Of course! :D Hooray, our first entry! How exciting! Great to see. :] And it's okay; we trust that you've made it yourself so the proof of construction isn't needed. xD Appreciated though!

Perhaps next time, if you want to post a full-version sprite rather than one you have to click on to see, consider using an image hosting site such as tinypic or Photobucket. If you have a DeviantART, you can also use Sta.sh to upload things.

~SF.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

So wait, we CAN use pieces of official sprites or we can't? He said that he did and I'm so stupid I just realised that it said you can't use non-official sprites, not that you can't use official sprites.

XD It would be a little stupid to say that you can't use official sprites. But yeah, haha, you can't use non-official ones UNLESS you made them yourself. ;]

~SF.

This looks cool! I might join for funsies, but if I enter and hypothetically win anything Id honestly like to pass said prize(s) on to the runner up or someone who will be able to use them. Except maybe for the featuring, just cause i like to leave my mark. Just hypothetically speaking, would that be okay? I mean Im not like being arrogant and.claiming Ill win, im just saying like IF I do. I may have some free time on Wednesday. I just wanna maybe join because Fakemon designs are my weakpoint and a challenge is always nice!

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

That's absolutely fine, Speed! :] I'll be excited to see what you come up with! I'll be competing too. c:

~SF.

Maybe I'll dust off my old spriting skills for this...

| | |

How high can Tenacity get on the official Showdown Server's ladders?
    Spoiler:
    Format | Core Pokemon | Highest Rating | Highest Ranking | W/L

OU || 1677 | 497th/500 | 50/27
    Random | ? | 1605 | Unranked | 42/13