Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    "I don't want to fight." Steel Lunpara's Avatar
    Hold up I'm finally here!

Username: The Frost Dragon
    War Team: Team Trainer
    Link: It's the this thing.
    Sprite Submission:
    Pokemon Used: Meganium as the base, Tropius as the leaves and Armaldo for some various doodads. God knows how many things were used for the colors.

I finally thought of this when I remembered how I always confused Meganium and Tropius as a kid. In fact, I just thought tropius was the third stage Chikorita. I had no idea what a Meganium actually was.
    "You kids have a nice day."

Im not sure if I'll be able to make this one...but I will try.

This was totally rushed out within the past hour so I apologize for the quality. T ^ T It didn't turn out as awfully as I thought it would, though, which is a plus I suppose.

Username: Speed-X
    War Team: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
    Link: I don't think this needs to be here, but here you go anyways. :>
    Sprite Submission:
    Pokemon Used: Goodra, Togekiss, and some Serperior. (Goodrekiss). Totally a Fairy / Dragon type.

NOW I CAN GO TO BED YAY.
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 07-20-2014 at 06:59 AM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

And judging has officially been wrapped up! Well done once again, people, for your great efforts and entries. :] Here are the results.

Grading!
    Spoiler:
    @Brettles
    Team Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Neatness: 6/10
    Creativity: 2/10
    Overall Look and Effort: 3/10
    Relevance: 5/5
    Total: 16/35
    Comments:
    This fusion is very basic and it looks like you spent a minimal amount of time on it. The way you shaped the part of the mane fur which was clearly the edge of your copy/paste is quite lazy and doesn’t look good, and as for the concept, well it’s pretty basic and it’s not at all a new idea. If you can fused in other places and done more of a crossover than just a head placed on a body, then you would have gotten more points.

@Tenacity
    Team Trainer

Neatness: 6/10
    Creativity: 9/10
    Overall Look and Effort: 7/10
    Total: 27/35
    Comments:
    I like the concept, and the way you created the fusion is done really well! The face is a little awkward however, mostly just in the placement of the coral “arms” and the line that’s separating the red with the yellow. I’m not sure if it was meant to be curved or straight, as it’s straight toward the back of the head but then gets lumpy, and then right at the front there’s a stray pixel that makes the line dip, which didn’t really make sense. The white ring on the back of the head is also poking out a little too far when, at that angle, I think it would be mostly or nearly completely masked by the head, and therefore you could have just had some of that yellow coral poking out. Overall a good effort and great combination of pokemon. :]

@Pokeman
    Team Trainer

Neatness: 5/10
    Creativity: 7/10
    Overall Look and Effort: 6/10
    Total: 23/35
    Comments:
    Your idea is good, but the execution could have been better. At first I thought you’d simply replaced the head, but upon closer inspection, I discovered that you actually used the krokorok as a base and added sceptile parts. The arms should have been higher up, like where the krokorok’s were, and the way you’ve tried to use the red for where the stripes used to be doesn’t work out so well. It’s quite awkwardly shaped. I think the sceptile legs look slightly out of place on the body as well, because they’re slim and they don’t look like they can support a heavy body like that. xD Good concept though.

@Velocity
    Team Awesome

Neatness: 7/10
    Total: 28/35
    Comments:
    Heh, this made me smile when I saw it. However, I have a few things to point out and the first one is the wing coming across the body. As a first critique, it covers a lot of the body which is disappointing because I would have liked to see what more you did to it. Mainly though, it seems that you’ve inverted a wing that normally faced upwards and was the inside of the wing, yes? The main thing that gives it away (despite the fact that there are no sprites that are in that pose) is the bone along the outside, which you can only normally see on the inside of the wing. On a fearow, anyway. So it makes it seem like something weird has happened and the wing was turned inside out or something. The outlines of the yellow crest on the head are too light in some places and although I realise this is the original shading/placement of pixels, the difference between the red and the yellow makes it not look right when replaced with yellow. Overall, I really do like it though. x)

@Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    Team Trainer

Neatness: 8/10
    Overall Look and Effort: 8/10
    Total: 30/35
    Comments:
    I really like what you’ve done with this. It’s creative and it looks great. 8D I think the servine collar is a little too straight and sort of stretches away without much curvature. The yellow band on the leg isn’t really outlined properly so it blends a little with the other colour, and I reckon the claw outlines are a little too light, but apart from that it’s quite good. C: There’s something about the shading but I can’t put my finger on what it is. I think the dark parts stand out quite well but I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing so I won’t mention any more about it. xD Well done.

@Minunrocks
    Team Aqua

Creativity: 8/10
    Total: 28/35
    Comments:
    This is a very cool idea, and I think you’ve tried it out quite well. I’m confused about the shading though, since it seems to be coming from behind and from in front based on the outlines, so you lot a mark for look & effort for that, but otherwise it’s quite cool. I wasn’t sure whether or not to accept the horns, considering it is technically not part of any of those pokémon. Anyhow, it was nicely done but the shading confused me a little, and I think you could have done a bit more with it. x)

@Corrupt_Voidlich
    Team Trainer

Total: 29/35
    Comments:
    Very cool concept. O: The sawdust idea is a pretty cool one, especially since it is normally, obviously, sand. Your shading is a little confusing in places, such as on the face rock. At first I couldn’t quite understand what was going on with your chest shading, only to realise that it was a rock on the snout. xD They look more like spikes; I think if you wanted them to be more rock-like, you could have gone for a more grey look rather than making them white. The way you reshaded the nose is a little off considering the light source is to the left, and I think in generally it might be a little over-shaded. I also would have liked to see some more hippowdon. However, I still like it, so nice job. B)

@The Frost Dragon
    Team Trainer

Neatness: 4/10
    Creativity: 6/10
    Overall Look and Effort: 4/10
    Total: 19/35
    Comments:
    I think this sprite is very lacking. From the flower and up, the whole thing is unchanged and entirely meganium. Generally with a fusion you wanna go with a mix basically everywhere, or nearly everywhere. I would have liked to have seen a lot more tropius and armaldo used in places other than just below the flower. The tail is also strangely placed; I think moving it a little upwards and to the left would have helped. Also lol at you not knowing what a meganium was. XD

@Speed-X
    Team Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Neatness: 9/10
    Creativity: 10/10
    Overall Look and Effort: 9/10
    Total: 33/35
    Comments:
    ...This thing is feckin’ adorable. I love the way you’ve done the stripes on its back. They’re very smooth and it works really well! The way the wings bend around does look weird, and that diagonal line is bothering me a little, but that’s pretty much my only critique. Everything else is pretty much seamless, including the way you shade and the way you outline. Very well done!

Winners:

Spoiler:
    Coming in second place is...

Pokémon Trainer Sarah!

+2 to Team Trainer for your efforts!

Coming in first place is...

*confetti*Speed-X!*confetti*

Congratulations, Speed-X, once again! +3 points for you and Team Dirty Rotten Scoundrels!

Great job to all and thanks for taking part! Now for the third week's challenge, which you may begin immediately if you wish...

WEEK THREE:
    For this week, your challenge shall be...

-- A retype!
    Ever wondered what your favourite pokemon looked like as another type? No? Well who cares! This is your chance to choose a pokemon and give it another type. For this, remember that you cannot use Gen VI sprites UNLESS you use parts from a Gen 6 pokemon that you scratched yourself.

Tips:
    - Scratching is key. I won't be very happy if I see a snivy with a flame stuck on the end of its tail and a simple recolour of orange. Get creative, guys! Retypes are your chance to take a pokemon and experiment with colours, features, etc. Don't be afraid to change a lot of the pokemon--just as long as it's still recognisable as the pokemon you're using, then you should be fine. :]
    - Feel free to get ideas from other pokemon, but try not to just copy and paste. A bit of that is fine, just not too much. Make sure you reshade and clean it all up!

As an example, I dug up an old retype that isn't amazing but will give you an idea:
    Ice type ninetales

Form:
    Code:
    Username:
    WAR Team:
    Pokémon & its new type:
    Sprite Submission: (Post the actual image)
    THE DEADLINE for WEEK TWO is SATURDAY, the 26th of July at 11:59pm, 2014, or until I post judging scores (which won’t be till Sunday for you, Monday for me xD).

GOOD LUCK YET AGAIN! Make me proud! ;o;

Last edited by Suicune's Fire; 03-27-2016 at 11:06 AM.

4. This post has been liked by:

Username:Brettles
    WAR Team:Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
    Pokémon & its new type:Blastoise, reimagined as the fire type "Blazetoise"
    Sprite Submission:

Previous versions
    Spoiler:

Version 1: A scratched Blastoise with flamepipes instead of water guns:

Version 2: Added fire breath and recoloured the shell to a nice red:

Version 3: Neatened it up a bit:

Version 4: Deleted, the whole fire shooting out fo the ears idea did not pan out and looked very silly!

Version 5: Added proper flame to the flame pipes, recoloured the shell:

Being new to this whole Spriting thing, I had to search up what "Scratching" is. Finally worked out it means drawing it from scratch (Right?). I was a bit worried at having to do that, but I am very happy with the outcome. It is not as neat as some of the amazing work I am seeing in this comp though...Wow some amazing sprites so far. Please keep it up! I am loving the artwork.
    Last edited by Brettles; 07-22-2014 at 06:53 AM.

6. This post has been liked by:

URPG Official/Head of Contests SLC's Avatar
    Username: SLC
    WAR Team: Yoga Bears
    Pokémon & its new type: Magmortar, Water (Magwater heh)
    Sprite Submission:

Made it into a frog. I tried to get some webbed feet/hand going but the effect didn't really work too well.
    Last edited by SLC; 07-22-2014 at 04:19 PM.
    Join the URPG, the #1 Battling Simular. All of the mons, none of the limits - Create, Capture, Compete.

| LINKS |

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Can a dual type be used, but having only one of its types changed (ex a Flying/Fairy Farfetch'd)?

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    Can a dual type be used, but having only one of its types changed (ex a Flying/Fairy Farfetch'd)?
    You really are full of questions, arentcha? x) Haha. Well hm, that's a very good question. I'm going to say yes, mainly because the example you used includes a bird pokemon which, by default, would be part flying. I suppose as long as you make quite obvious changes then it would be alright, yes. :]

Might I just say, @Brettles, that you have been very prompt in each of the contests I hold, with all of your entries. xD I'm impressed by your dedication and speed! Also, sorry about using the term scratching without specifying exactly what it is. XD I actually remember that when I was new to spriting, I had seen people use that term and had no idea what it meant either. xD It was solved by google of course, but it's funny that you had the same issue as I did.

~SF.

10. This post has been liked by:

Username: Fawkes
    WAR Team: Yoga BEars
    Pokémon & its new type: Torkoal retyped to water type
    Sprite Submission:

it secretes bubbles instead of smoke :3

12. This post has been liked by:

Username: Speed-X
    WAR Team: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
    Pokémon & its new type: Mightyena into a sleeker Fairy-type.
    Sprite Submission:

I officially love making Dark-types into Fairy-types. Made a shiny just for kicks:

Though I'm thinking if I ever get around to it, this shiny palette should be more blue-violet-based than blue / cerulean.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

14. This post has been liked by:

Username: Minunrocks
    WAR Team: Team Aqua
    Pokémon & its new type: Tauros into a ghost type
    Sprite Submission: (Post the actual image)
    sppok.png

I never did retypes before so I have no idea how much of it I need to change, so here goes....