Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar

[RP] Tides of Freelance: Nigh Ruin

Tides of Freelance ~ Nigh Ruin

*Click the banner to go to the Sign Up and Discussion thread!

Accepted Freelancers
    Shay Miru: Giratina and Jingka Givrali: Darkrai | played by Saraibre Ryu
    Zorayda Anna Moonlin: Lugia | played by TheProtobabe
    Jet: Latios and Jamie: Rayquaza | played by Cobalt
    Dr. Gregory Matthew "Doc" Xanatos: Uxie | played by Socratic
    Nadra Ferrer: Ho-oh | played by Velocity
    Alara Rein: Articuno, Destrian “Des”: Regice and Ento: Virizion | played by haybalebarn

Accepted ENDoG Agents
    Miles Kahane: ENDoG Leader and Captain Martin "Razorhawk" Mendez: Commando | played by Neo Emolga
    Jace Alan Timber: Lieutenant | played by TheProtobabe
    Myra: New Recruit | played by Cobalt
    Arianne Spencer: New Recruit | played by Charmander009
    Thomas White: New Recruit | played by Velocity
    Isa Nari: Special Ops | played by Saraibre Ryu

Feel free to start wherever you like, just try not to group too many people together in one place.

Oh, and have fun. Or else... no seriously, there is an or else.

Let the first PxR Role Play begin!

__________________________________________________ ____

Shay Miru
    Freelancer: Giratina
    Dragonspiral Tower, Unova
    ARPer's: None

The dripping of water into the crystal clear pools that lined broken stair ways echoed against the hollow space of Dragonspiral Tower. It was vacant, and the definition of empty, perhaps soulless. The entire heart of the tower was open, worn and crumbling to the weathering of time. Stairs circled the inside of the wall, and up to the top floor where large openings in the stone made a window to the level above. It was late in the afternoon, and a single solitary soul lay resting just on the edge of the opening, arm hanging down while her hand was against her chest.

Shay gazed up at the high ceiling, looking at the cracks that allowed sunlight in through the opaque structure. Thoughts ran through her head of days when this place was a legend, a sacred ground of some kind. Now, it was long and forgotten, all by the few wild Pokémon that remained to call it home. Even they were scarce these days. At the time, Shay was using Dragonspiral tower as her temporary home away from her other temporary home: Mt. Silver in Johto. She sought to see insight to the nightmares she had been having, against her first idea of attempting to get into Turnback Cave in Sinnoh, however that place had ENDoG written all over it. No, they left Dragon spiral Tower alone, they already had what they wanted from here, and there was nothing else for them to be present. It did help that being a person who technically didn’t exist anywhere but in physical form, kept you off the grid. Shay had her fair share of roughing it in the wilderness, and actually preferred that to any old city. She wasn’t stupid however, she knew how technology worked.

'I hope Cayci found some food. I haven’t eaten since yesterday, and I’m not going back into another civilized town until two days from now. Maybe head to the Celestial Tower, since Giratina is associated with spirits of the passed.'

Shay preferred traveling at night, because there were just less eyes in general out and about. Not to mention, flying via Hydreigon, was a nearly invisible free pass around the skies. Skies didn’t have the possibility of an ENDoG patrol catching you by yourself on the road. All she could do right now was wait and take the much needed rest she rarely got a chance to claim.

Even if it was on a hard, stony floor.

Jingka Givrali
    Freelancer: Darkrai
    Psychiatric Correctional Facility outside Anville Town, Unova
    ARPer's: Maybe SS...?

‘Wake up.’

‘… wake up now.’

“Alright, everyone out and form a line for evaluation.”

It was a painfully long train ride. Light stabbed at Jingka’s eyes once she exited the car she was in, but didn’t flinch at the change. Her eyes adjusted just fine as an officer behind her moved her along, borderline pushing her with his hand on her shoulder. Jingka went along with it, she knew she was safe and everyone else she had with her was out of harm’s way. The walk along the concrete path seemed almost as long as the train ride. Few others who twitched, and quivered at the sight of a building behind a high wall, while the gate itself was a smaller building with iron bars against the frame of small windows. Jingka noticed people such as herself weren’t going inside, there were also young men and women in doctors attire heading in through the other side of the door, clearly new staff of some kind. Jingka noted that inducting new staff at the same time new patients was a test against the doctor’s psyche to see if they could handle unstable, possibly erratic people with an unwell mind. Well, those who were thought to be deemed unwell.

“Sit.”

Jingka wasn’t really given the option to stand or not, she was forced down in a chair across the desk from another woman, while a firm grip remained on her shoulder. The woman was wearing a heavier vest than the rest, and on her side Jingka could see a baton, and a pistol that was normally issued by common police. Ingka looked up at the woman just as she was about to open her mouth, cutting her off.

“You’re the warden aren’t you?” She said in a light and airy voice. “I couldn’t help but make that observation as you aren’t dressed like the others, nor do they have issued fire arms as what I assume will be armed guards just outside the other end of those doors.”

The woman seemed flabbergasted at first, almost in disbelief. “… excuse me?”

“I do apologize for interrupting you before, but judging by the tightness in grip on my shoulder by the man behind me, you are a woman of your word and rather intimidating to many who work here. I felt I wouldn’t have been able to get a word in, had I not started speaking first.”

“Oh make her stop talking…” Another patient moaned as she was being processed.

“Also I noticed when my head was brought down, that there seemed to be an odd placement of your lower leg muscles, implying that you are either wearing some kind of cast, or have a prosthetic replacement, and after seeing as how the grip on my shoulder is getting rather painful, I would take it you used to be a military woman of some sorts?”

“… I don’t know who you are, or what kind of trick this is, but I’m not going to stand here and have some-”

“MAKE HER STOP!”

“Hey! Sit down!”

The woman only sitting four feet away from Jingka sprang up and started to have a panic attack, lashing out at the other armed guards who needed about three men to restrain her, and calm her down. The woman identified as the Warden began shouting orders, and Jingka merely sat down, and watched the chaos unfold. The grip on her shoulder was gone, but she felt someone else pull her out of her seat, and take her towards one of the armored vehicles back outside the wall.

“You’re going to get processed last, you rambling mental lunatic.” The warden swore to her in a raspy whisper. “Sit here, and don’t talk.”

She returned back inside, looking at one of the men with a sour grimace of frustration. “Someone go out there and make sure she stays quiet. NOW.”

Jingka could only sit quietly, trying to keep a smile from coming across her face.

‘Was rambling mental lunatic the best insult she could come up with?’

Isa Nari
    ENDoG: Special Ops
    ENDoG HQ
    ARPer's: None, unless Neo wants to make her unbored.

No one dared bother Isa in her office. It was that time of the day and unless you were Miles, you did not bother her, for anything. The crazy special operative was holding up one of their best bullet proof vests against her arms, just in front of her face. Before her flapped a purple Crobat, who was concentrating hard on the vest itself. The bat rushed forward, diving down just a bit as she pulled two wings forward, crossing them, and pulling back. Purple energy slashed across the protective gear as bits of fabric went flying, and acids began to fray the newly cut material. Isa threw the vest down, feeling burns on the sides of her hand and fingers. She observed the damage, and saw that the attack had cut almost clean through. A smile came upon her face and she took the flying terror in hand, petting her head like some sort of toy dog.

“That’s an excellent job Tero.” She praised with an unnervingly cheery voice. “Soon it won’t matter what gear those little rats get their hands on, you’ll be able to just take their heads clean off, while Mara gets dinner and a movie.”

Tero made a mild screeching noise of glee. Anyone who may have happened upon the two of them would have found the sight incredibly out of character, when it wasn’t, and not to mention they probably wouldn’t have been living to tell about it. The Crobat left her owner’s hands and started flying around the room casually. Isa knew she wanted to dig her fangs into something soon, as she wanted to take Everette into someone’s ribcage. She twirled the knife in question around her fingers, amazingly without cutting herself, nor seemingly perturbed by the fact she had chemical burns on her fingers. She just simply ignored it, and played around with the combat knife, that no one knew the reasoning behind the name Everette.

“Tero? Why don’t you go see if you can find something for us to do. Something quick and simple. Or at least go traumatize food out of someone for me. Please? Or go spy on who the newbies are. You know I’m not allowed to meet then first hand… not after whatshisface ended up with Everete between his vocal cords.”

The worst part was that Tero seemed overly excited to do everything she was just told.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Jet
    Freelancer: Latios
    Route 121>Lilycove City> Route 124
    Affected RPers: anyone who wants to see him

Spoiler:

Jet was running, towards Lilycove city. He ran past the zoo that used to be the safari zone, and past the fenced area where he was told trainers used to battle.

He awoke from his camp east of fortree city, after having a strange nightmare. He heard the screams of pain, of a Pokemon. No Pokemon that he had heard before. All he felt in this dream was pure agony.

Had Jet been able to hear, he would have listened to recorded cries in his pokedex, that were recorded by other trainers and uploaded to the cloud, and attempted to find a match. However, being deaf put him at a disadvantage.

It had been a week since Jet received the message in Slateport city. Te message was a small bound book, and was addressed to a Freelancer in Mosdeep city, who worked at the space Center, studying the Pokemon Jirachi and Deoxys. Jet knew he just had to make it to the port in Lilycove, and Flygon would fly him the rest of the way.

Jet saw an arch, and a large road, symbolising his entry to Lilycove city. It was cold this time of year, and people in thick winter coats were a common sight.

Jet saw the stairway that led to a path near the department store, but instead of turning left and going there, he turned right, running towards the old man who used to make pokemon forget certain moves. He hadn't lived there in years. After training was outlawed his services weren't required. He moved to Unova and stayed with family, as he couldn't afford to live here any more.

Jet reached down to his belt as he ran, uncoiling a blue and silver Pokeball. He was about to throw it and send out his Flygon until he saw someone in front of him. He wore a winter coat, a beanie and scarf, with a camera around his neck. A tourist.

"ENDoG" Jet thought suddenly. His instincts were kicking in, but he had no reason to believe the man was an enemy. Until he pulled something out of his jacket. A handgun.

Jet leaned back and skidded along the ground, and as he was passing the man, spun his legs, tripping the man. While he did this, he bashed his fist on the mans chest, causing him to fall and his the ground.

Jet jumped back up, and threw the Pokeball into the air past the small cliff that hung above the waters. The Pokeball opened, and Flygon appeared in a flash of light. The ball closed and flicked back to Jet's hand, as he ran to the edge and jumped, narrowly missing being shot by the man who was getting back up.

Jet landed on Flygon's back, who was expecting him, and ascended up above the clouds.

"Nice job Flygon," Jet said. Flygon chirped in response, however Jet heard nothing. It had been this way for over 10 years. Nothing but silence.

Jet arrived at the beach on Mossdeep city at the back of the island a few hours later. He climbed up the hills, and found himself in the main town. Jet followed the signs to the Space Center, where he found a man by a telescope.

Jet walked over and pulled the whiteboard out of his bag.

Are you Steven Stone? was written on the whiteboard.

Jet walked over to the man, and tapped on his shoulder. He turned around and looked at the board. He wrote 'Yes' on the board.

"This is for you." Jet said handing him the book, "I can read lips, just not too well."

The man thanked Jet, mentioning his research.

"Jirachi and Deoxys?" Jet asked.

"You are well informed." Steven said, beckoning Jet towards the telescope. He punched in some digits to the keyboard. He pointed to the lens, so Jet walked over and peered into it.

Jet saw the moon, very close up. However there was something strange. Suddenly there was a pink flash. Tiny yet noticeable.

Jet pulled away from the telescope and looked at the man.

"Back when we launched rockets here, we had a few expeditions involving the moon. Some of us believed that certain Pokemon came from space. We had detectors put on the moon, which would pick up any changes in air pressure, temperature, and general movement." Steven said, " That is how I found Deoxys hiding place. I watch over Deoxys making sure ENDoG don't find it. They already captured Groudon and Kyogre. That's why our weather is so unpredictable and we can't launch rockets any more."

Steven took another step back, and punched some digits into the computer again. When Jet looked in, he saw what looked like a comet.

"That is the millennium comet." Steven said, "It is the beacon that awakens Jirachi from its thousand year slumber. I plan on searching for Jirachi and protecting it when I can."

Jet thought about what Steven was saying. How ENDoG are targeting the legendary pokemon then he remembered something. Jet grabbed the whiteboard marker and whiteboard, and wrote furiously.

"You say dreams of one Pokemon in agony? Dying?" Steven asked. Jet nodded.

"The fact that you say they are real worries me. I think that the Pokemon is Latios." Steven said, pulling a book off the shelf, and opening t a page with two similar looking, but differently coloured Pokemon. The red one was smaller and more rounded, whilst the blue one was more larger and more angled. Both were shaped like jets.

"Latios is the blue one. He is the most empathetic Pokemon. He can cause people and Pokemon to see what he sees." Steven said, "If he truly is in pain, and reaching out to people, then we need to help. All of the legendary Pokemon of Hoenn have a responsibility in the balance of nature. The two Pokemon that control the weather have been taken, and we can't allow another legendary Pokemon to be killed or captured."

Steven grabbed his bag, and pulled out a Pokeball.

"I'm going after Latios," Steven said, as he walked towards the lift. "If you haven't got any other errands to run, I would like you to come with me. ENDoG are ruthless and I will need all the help I can get."

Jet nodded, and walked towards the lift. They entered the elevator, and went to the roof, where Steven threw a Pokeball into the air. It opened, and a Skarmory emerged, emitting a loud cry.

"Sorry it has been so long Skarmory," Steven said, "ENDoG have been on my back for months now."

Jet pulled out Flygon's Pokeball and threw it up into the air. The all opened, and Flygon emerged.

"Our best bet is Mauville city first. I have seen glimpses of Latios there in my travels, and there are wild Pokemon in all the routes surrounding it." Steven said, climbing onto Skarmory. Jet climbed onto Flygon, as both the winged pokemon took off, flying over the clouds.

Jamie
    Freelancer: Rayquaza
    Ferry to Pacifidlog Town
    Affected RPers: None

Spoiler:

Jamie sat by the window of the ferry, watching a video on his mobile phone, laughing.

On the screen was a building, with hundred of people's running out of it screaming. They all wore the same uniform, as they sprinted out of the burning building, which just had another section explode. Suddenly a green snake like creature flew up from behind it, a light appearing at its mouth, and shooting into the building. Rayquaza.

"This isn't the first time Rayquaza has made an attack on ENDoG facilities. In the past four years alone, 6 facilities have been destroyed by the legendary Pokemon. It would fly in from the clouds, wreak havoc and fly back into the clouds." Said the reporter at the news station. "However ENDoG has located Rayquaza and discovered that it rests at Sky Pillar between attacks. ENDoG forces are moving towards the building, in an attempt to stop the beast."

This report was from last week. When Jamie saw it, he ordered a ticket to Slateport city and arrived the day before. He was not gong to let ENDoG take Rayquaza like they did Lugia. Pacifidlog Town was in sight, and beyond that, the tower known as Sky Pillar on the horizon.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Open up. ENDoG requires cabins to be searched."

"****," Jamie thought, "If they find my Pokeball, I am in trouble."

The cabin door was locked, and Jamie grabbed Swampert's Pokeball. He sealed his electronics in his waterproof bag, and smashed the window in his cabin, jumping out into the water.

Jamie swum deep below the surface, holding his breath, and opening Swampert's Pokeball. Jamie grabbed into Swampert's, who began swimming swiftly away from the ship, and surfacing for air.

Staying in the water, Jamie and Swapert skipped Pacifidlog Town, going straight to Sky Pillar. They arrived at the ancient building an hour later.

Jamie called back Swampert, and walked into the tower. There was a roar for, the top, which Jamie guessed was that of Rayquaza. As Jamie climbed the stairs he heard voices.

"This lizard has been driving the heads insane." Said one of them.
    "Not for much longer." Said the other.

Jamie turned out of the staircase, and stood in front of the men. There was a large gap between them however.

"Back off civilian. ENDoG business." Said the man, noticing Jamie.

"Why do you the favour?" Jamie asked, throwing Scyther's Pokeball into the air. Scyther emerged, and flew towards the men. Before they had a chance to do anything, they were knocked into the gap. Scyther crossed the gap, and picked up Jamie, taking him across.

Jamie continued to scale the tower, until he knew that Rayquaza was in the roof, the next floor. He readied the Pokeball for Aggron, Sneasal and Swampert, and walked up the stairs.

Jamie walked onto the roof, and saw a large group of ENDoG men, surrounding Rayquaza, who was tied to the ground by thick ropes.

"Jeez guys, I know he is legendary and all," Jamie said, throwing the Pokeball into the air, "But even that outnumbering is a bit unfair."

The men turned, and some advanced towards Jamie.

"Scyther, Sneasal! Cut the ropes." Jamie said, as the two Pokemon rushed towards the legendary Pokemon cutting the ropes. Swampert and Aggron fought off the ENDoG forces Pokemon, holding their ground.

There was a roar as most of the ropes were cut and Rayquaza broke free. It flew up into the air. The ENDoG men yelled and fired their weapons at the clouds where it had disappeared. Suddenly there was a strange glow from behind the clouds and a light hum.

"Time to go guys," Jamie said, as he returned all his Pokemon to their Pokeball and ran down the stairs. A few seconds later there was an explosion as the roof of Sky Pillar collapsed barely missing Jamie.

"They must have caught Rayquaza by surprise before," Jamie thought, "Lets see how they cope now."

Jamie ran down the stairs, as the building continued to collapse. Eventually he got to the second floor, when he felt the building shake, suddenly, the wall closest to the water collapsed from the strain if the legendary dragons attacks. Jamie ran and jumped from the falling building, diving into the water.

Jamie looked up at the sky, at the green dragon flying around the pile of rubble that used to be Sky Pillar.
    "Sorry about your home Rayquaza." Jamie thought, as he swam away from the now ruins.

Myra
    ENDoG: New Recruit
    Virbank City ENDoG Facility
    Affected RPers: Charmander009

Spoiler:

"So I am part of ENDoG now." Myra thought as she unpacked her belongings. She found it hard to believe that in the facility, she had her own room.

Her and Arianne had just moved into the facility, after being accepted into ENDoG. She placed her four Pokeballs onto the desk. One of them wasn't supposed to be there.

Of the four Pokeballs, only two of them were her own. Gallade and Altaria. The other two were ENDoG issue. Pokemon they had liberated. Altaria passed the obedience test, so Myra could use her. However, even though Gallade was perfect, for some unknown reason, they said no to him. They told her that she had to leave him with relatives. They didn't know she had smuggled Gallade in with her. Nobody knew. Not even Arianne.

"Gallade, we need to talk." Myra said, throwing the Pokeball into the air. Gallade emerged in the center of the room, and stretched his limbs.

"Gallade, we can't spend too much time together any more." Myra said sadly, " I don't know why, but they won't let me have you while I work for them. Only Altaria and they two Pokemon they gave me."

Gallade stood back in shock. He and Myra had been together for years, and this was the first time this had happened.

"We will still see eachother." Myra said, "You just need to hide somewhere."

Gallade frowned at the thought. Though he trusted Altaria, he would rather be by Myra's side.

"I will visit you every day, I promise." Myra said, "Maybe once I move up the ranks, I can pull some strings and be able to have you work with me."

Myra didn't want to leave Gallade, but she didn't want to lose her chance at a career with ENDoG either...
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-14-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Miles Kahane
    ENDoG Leader
    ENDoG Command Center Situation Room, Castelia City, Unova
    Affected RPers: Saraibre Ryu (Isa Nari)

They had calculated the number of free roaming legendary Pokémon that were still remaining, and I was not pleased with the results. Fifteen, not including those in multiples, were still not in our possession or otherwise neutralized. The ENDoG High Council had shared my dissatisfaction regarding the situation, but I wanted results, not excuses. The sooner this was done, the more control I would have.

The Situation Room was composed of multiple large display screens on the main wall that each showed a member of the ENDoG High Council. All of them were in different locations throughout the world, but the situation room allowed for us all to converse and see each other without being in the same physical location. It allowed us to conduct these meetings without the need for time-wasting travel and security measures. And it was yet another way technology had proven itself useful. Obviously, it was yet another way mankind had outsmarted Pokémon and would always remain their masters. No Pokémon was capable of making machines and technology like this, and for that, they would always be weak compared to us.

"Rest assured, Kahane," Malcolm Heights, representative of Hoenn, told the rest of the council, "ENDoG operatives are doing what they can to procure as many of these targets as possible. These remaining targets have proven to be more challenging, however."

"Challenging?" I questioned his actions. "Let me make myself clear, Heights. By all means, capture them for testing and research if the opportunity presents itself, but I'd rather have them drop dead than to have them roaming about. If the procurement teams cannot obtain these last remaining targets using their already existing methods, authorize deadly force and just finish the job."

"Understood, sir," Heights had replied.

While the primary capturing method had been successful, I knew it wasn't the only option. The capture rates were initially quick, but lately they had slowed down as the more difficult to obtain Pokémon still remained. Some of these other legendary Pokémon proved to be evasive for most of our personnel and hired mercenaries, and I wanted to make it clear I didn't give a damn whether these beasts were dead or alive, I wanted them eliminated and out of the equation. And in truth, even their dead cadavers would still prove useful for research. But even if those couldn't be recovered, to me, it didn't matter. As long as the opposite was out of my way, that's all that mattered.

"There's also the situation of Operation War Dragon I wanted to address before the Council," Sasha Hunter, a Johto representative, spoke before the rest of us. "I truly do not believe Operation War Dragon needs the funding that it is currently receiving. ENDoG faces no threat that warrants this high of a level of military ordinance."

Incompetent wretch. She was obviously ignorant regarding the kind of message I was trying to send to anyone harboring any kind of ideas about uprising. ENDoG needed to continue to grow in military power and force, not recede and open the way for parasites to take root within the system. But judging from her looks, she was old, ignorant, and stupid, probably made a member of the Council from her connections and personal networks. Without those connections, not even a god-forsaken diner would hire her to pour coffee.

"Overruled," I told her, wishing she would just shut that pissing, ignorant mouth of hers. "Operation War Dragon funding will continue as planned. In fact, I intend to increase funding for this operation more within the coming months. I have evaluated General Logan's operations playbook regarding regulatory control and after giving it my personal seal of approval, I'm not about to let bureaucracy stand in the way of what I feel is a well-documented and well-timed operation."

"The last protests were hardly any threat, Kahane," Hunter kept rambling to my utter contempt. "ENDoG military forces neutralized the aggressors and broke up the demonstrations within record time. You're simply using the highest level of military force against what I believe are nothing but mere, annoying insects that pose little threat to the integrity of ENDoG's operations."

She was only partially correct. Protestors and demonstrators were indeed nothing more than brainless, idiot insects of only woefully pathetic intelligence. However, I wanted them crushed into nothingness under ENDoG's foot, and I wanted it done fast. Man, woman, or child, I wanted to make it clear that opposing ENDoG law and regulation was by far the most woeful mistake anyone could ever consider. If a child was old enough to attempt to interfere with ENDoG regulations and operations, then they were old enough to be punished to the full extent of the law. And ignorance of the law was no excuse.

"Hunter, we appreciate your concerns, but the Council has already voted upon this matter," Dennis Taylor, representing Sinnoh, had told her. "Operation War Dragon's funding status will not be revoked."

"And I believe that settles all remaining parts of the agenda," I told the others, wanting to get this meeting over with. "See to it that the rest of the targets are acquired or destroyed. I don't care where or how, just get it done. That is all."

And that concluded the meeting. Once all the screens had turned off, I knew I could get back to work on something meaningful rather than this garbage. I had some other matter that needed to be taken care of. It was a task that only someone with extreme prowess could accomplish. Someone no other than Isa Nari.

I decided to send her an encrypted message, a mission that was important to ENDoG, since the effect it would have leverage to our mission. There were still Pokémon sympathizers out there, and they needed to be buried.

Isa,

As I know you're looking for something to do, so here's a fantastic list that I'm sure you'll enjoy in the ways you know best.

Some people need to die. Most notably, the following:

Lance
    Steven Stone
    Wallace
    Cynthia
    Alder

I'm already well aware of the fact these five individuals are not following ENDoG law and are likely supporting the resistance movement. I need you to make an example of them. Eliminate them however you'd like and publically display their carcasses for everyone to see. As for their Pokémon, destroy them and throw them in the garbage, far away from their respective owners.

The rest is up to you. Happy hunting, Isa.

Regards,
    Miles Kahane

She always liked a good kill, and I knew she would especially enjoy eliminating these five maggots.

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    Dr. Gregory Matthew "Doc" Xanatos
    Freelancer (Uxie)
    Psychiatric Correction Facility outside Anville, Unova
    ARPers: Sabi

You don't get any prizes for looking after the mad citizens who don't belong in society. Sorry to burst your bubble, soldier.

Doc has been following the former soldier around and making snarky comments in his head about her all day. He really is annoyed at her "I am the boss." attitude, and briefly debates simply completing the job someone clearly intelligent tried to carry out. He has to restrain himself from cheering when the mental patient had pulled off–

Get her out!

Doc's intuition (which has been getting terrifyingly accurate, if not precise, as of late) simply screams at him that this girl–this mental patient–would be useful, but not from here. She needs to be out. Fortunately, Doc has the resources (and the ability to lie) to make it happen.

He suppresses a brief wave of nausea as a solution to his problems comes to him, especially since the method probably wouldn't endear him to the patient. He adopts a posture of arrogance and control after he prevents himself from showing the sick feeling at what he is going to pretend to be. He bumps into the warden as she tries to walk out, gestures toward the patient, and gives a conspiratorial smile.

Doc grabs the mental ward and puts his arm around her, his hand making contact with the skin of the side of her neck. His hand traces upwards before descending in a semicircle to meet the upward trace as he says coldly,"If she's bothering you, I'm sure I can," his hand continues in a right angle, sides pointing up and right,"ensure," now a parabola facing down with a line between two corresponding points on opposite sides,"that she'll be more compliant in the future." at the word 'future', Doc makes an arc, then branches another arc off of it, facing upwards. "After all," the same parabola and then right angle,"very few can," a circle, then a squiggle,"resist my–how shall I put it?–" and finally three quarters of a circle with a line inward,"charms."

The only thing that makes Doc sicker on the inside than what he is pretending to be is the fact that the role he was playing would get him what he wants instead of arrested and executed. While the woman's resentment gives him a clear in, he hates her for the fact that she is probably going to allow something so monstrous to pass (even if it isn't really going to). But he keeps a smug leer on his face to disguise his absolute hatred for the ENDoGs that is currently condensing into a desire to murder this woman.

Deep Blue the Metagross
    Freelancer Pokemon
    Northern Victory Road
    ARPers: None

Deep Blue has clearly been spending too much time in this place, because he was starting to see things he–

"Deep. Deep! Wait, Deep!!"

Nope. Not seeing things. He's clearly there.

The Metagross turns and keeps floating along, ignoring the voice. However, the Zweilous trying to talk to the supercomputer is undeterred, and ends up using Dragon Rush to crash itself into the walking Metagross.

Unhurt, the blue genius turns, lifts a leg, and uppercuts the dragon into the ceiling, pinning him there.

"Wait, Deep! I want to talk to you!"

"I am aware of your desires. I am also aware of my trainer's desire to see you rot in a hole and die slowly of Artemis freezing your blood milliliter by milliliter. While illogical, I am afraid the latter takes precedent over the former."

"I didn't want–"

"Your wants are irrelevant. While I bear you no personal hatred, Doc most emphatically does. Ergo, while I will let you free in a moment–despite the fact that you attacked me, I may add–"

"I wasn't genuinely trying to hurt you!"

"Again you err repeatedly in the same way, ignoring the results in favor of intentions. As I was saying, I won't bring you to harm, but I expect you to leave."

"But–"

"No. I am not listening. Adieu."

Deep Blue slowly lowers his leg, allowing the Zweilous to descend without snapping his neck. The Metagross then continues on his path, firmly intending to reach his destination by the appointed time. Doc told him that there was apparently an intelligence asset that had contacted him. As this is something that required delicacy, the man had sent Deep Blue. When the Metagross questioned as to why Athena, the manipulator of the team, was not going to be sent instead, Doc merely smiled.

This is the problem with trainers convinced of their intelligence. They never tell you anything.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

Arianne Spencer
    ENDoG: New Recruit
    Affected RPers: Cobalt

Arianne Spencer marched down the halls--or rather, strutted--with her head held high, blonde ponytail flowing behind her. A happy expression was on her face, muted only when someone walked down the opposite direction. Even though she was in an ENDoG barracks, surrounded by grim-faced soldiers, Arianne couldn't help but feel the excitement. She was in a new region, surrounded by new things. And above all, they were in VIRBANK. NewStar Studios was only a few blocks away.

There was no way in heaven or heck she was not going to go visit.

The new recruit was headed to her quarters, looking to drag her best friend off on another misadventure. They were off-duty; there was no better time than now.

"Myyyyyyra!" Arianne called as she barged into the room without warning. "Myra, grab your things! We're going to..."

Arianne stopped dead as she caught sight of an unfamiliar (and very dangerous-looking) creature, standing in their dorm with sharp red eyes. The recruit stumbled backwards, opening her mouth and preparing to shout for help.

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

Zorayda Moonlin
    Freelancer: Lugia
    Somewhere in Viridian Forest
    ARPer’s: None

“Ah, another bug... let’s just run from this silly little Caterpie,” Zor sighed. They’d been running around all day, looking for a particular Pokemon that was always rumored to have been found in these thick forests, where Bug Catchers used to roam freely. This was one placed ENDoG hadn’t really touched yet, probably because the Pokemon here were somewhat mild and weak. Living near a city had given them things to scavenge and keep themselves well-fed, though lately they’d had to start sneaking around a bit more and working harder for their food. Which was probably why this Caterpie was crawling up to her and waggling its feelers in anticipation. At her side, Dusk, her Umbreon, growled deep in his throat as a warning. The Bug paid no heed, however, taking sudden interest in Zor’s bag. The blonde sighed again in guilt. This guy was probably hungry... She fished around in her bag, coming up with a Pecha berry and holding in front of the bug’s face. The caterpillar immediately snatched it from her with its strange little mouth, gobbling it up in a few bites. While it was busy, Zor crept away, Dusk grumbling along behind. But when she turned around, there was suddenly a swarm of Caterpie, Weedle, Metapod and Kakuna, very much interested in the food she had and now having seen that she was willingly giving it away.

“Oh, dear...” her Umbreon snarled and lowered his center of gravity, ready to fight them all, but Zor shook her head slightly at him. “No need to hurt anyone, Dusky. I just need to scare them away and maybe they’ll leave us alone...” she unclipped a Poke ball from her belt and clicked the button, releasing her only licensed Pokemon. A slender, four-legged figure emerged, standing twice as tall as Dusk... with nine times as many tales. The larger, pale fox barked playfully and cocked her head at her mistress, wondering what she was summoned for. A yawn revealed pearly canines, indicating that she’d been napping. The short woman gestured towards the Bug-type Pokemon, which had been slightly intimidated at the sight of Viola appearing, but knew nothing about the foreign fox and began to converge in curiosity. With a puppy-like grin, the Ninetales whipped up a circular mini-cyclone wreathed in flame, surrounding all the bugs and making them shriek in terror. The Fire Spin tightened in on them and they scrambled for their dear lives on top of each other, eyeing the flames with fear. Then, as suddenly as it came, the vortex disappeared. Giving Viola one last look of terror they scattered and gave the Trainer no more problems.

“Ahh, much better. Thanks, Vi! See, Dusky? We didn’t need to hurt them. Just scare them off a little and they leave us alone.” The sleek, dark fox blinked indifferently, moving his annoyed gaze to the path in front of him and stubbornly ignoring his Trainer. She laughed but said nothing more. With both Pokemon out, she kept on searching--but apparently she didn’t have to search very long. Viola wuffed in alarm, looking straight up into a nearby tree. Two black, beady eyes watched them carefully, jagged tail twitching with curiosity and not a small amount of wariness.

“Ahh, a Pikachu! Excellent, Vi!” She looked up at the yellow mouse, whose eyes narrowed and tail twitched once more. He didn’t run, but he didn’t come any closer, either. Zor noted that the tail was straight at the tip, indicating that this Pikachu was the male variant of this species. She smiled up at the little Pokemon before ducking her head to search through her bag and fishing out more berries. She picked out one of each and held them out to the Electric-type. His ears perked up in interest, suddenly much less hostile. He hopped down from the branches and came within six feet of Zor, eyeing the two larger Pokemon. “Get back, guys, you make him nervous,” Zor told them. They complied, Viola lying down at Zor’s side with that foxy grin on her face, Dusk sitting on his haunches and looking bored. The Pikachu inched forward a bit at a time, watching Zorayda carefully the whole time, before snatching the Cheri berry and gobbling it down. A satisfied ‘pikaaaaaa’ came from his mouth, making Zor giggle. She reached a hand out to the little Pokemon.

“Hi there, little one! Would you like to come with me?” she asked him. The Pikachu tilted its head as if thinking about it.

<She’s really nice, you won’t regret it, and you’ll become very strong,> Viola told the Pikachu in the Pokemon language. <She feeds us every day. Plus, we work for a noble cause. You’ve probably heard of the evil humans capturing all the Revered Ones, haven’t you?> The Pikachu stopped in his tracks, stunned. Of course he had heard the rumors. Humans that were forcing Pokemon to become mere pets, weakened and frail. Humans that had no mercy, forcing Pokemon to kill their brethren and induct them into the ranks of their own enslaved.

<Yes... What is it you do?> Pikachu asked, his full attention on the Ninetales. It was Dusk who answered, though.

<We do our best to defend those who cannot defend themselves. We seek the Revered Ones to set them free, and to take down ENDoG--the human leaders who wish ill upon Pokemon.> The Umbreon’s sharp red eyes narrowed in hatred at the memories. Pikachu blanched a bit, unnerved by his intense gaze. He suddenly pitied those who opposed the angry fox... Zor knew the Pokemon were communicating and decided to take a backseat until there was brief silence once more.

“Little Pikachu, come with us, and I promise I’ll take good care of you!” she offered. Pikachu thought for one more second, looking from one Pokemon to the other, before nodding in agreement. He rushed up to Zorayda and took a spot on her shoulder. The foreign scent of human would be something to get used to, but he decided that the view from up here was pretty good. The four of them left the forest to get back to the Freelancer’s base, where Zor was going to train the Pikachu and make him a true fighter for the freedom of all Pokemon.

Raikou
    Legendary Pokemon
    Miles underground, location unknown
    ARPer’s: None

Darkness surrounded him. He could hear nothing, feel nothing but the slight vibration of the Earth beneath his paws. The smell of dirt and clay filled his nostrils until he was hyperventilating, terrified and alone. Again he tried fruitlessly to bash the metal box he was trapped in, without even enough space to turn around or lie down comfortably. His paws ached so badly... his fur needed cleaned, and behind him was the smell of his own refuse. How low had he sunk, to be once revered and feared, and now to be lowered to the level of a neglected, starving animal in a cage with his own waste. He gritted his fangs, trying to will his power to the surface, but to no avail; those damned ENDoG agents had taken it all. He couldn’t even so much as summon a spark... He felt like breaking down and giving up, to just let himself die down here. His ribs were already protruding from his mighty frame and he was sure he must have had stress fractures in his legs from all the hours of standing in this position. He needed help... with a weak, pitiful roar he called to no one... <Help me...>

Jace Timber
    ENDoG: Lieutenant
    Mauville ENDoG Facility
    ARPer’s: Charmander009 (Arianne) and Cobalt (Myra)

Jace’s hand trailed lazily along his Pokemon’s spine as he looked over paperwork, tiredness tugging at his eyelids and making them droop occasionally. Panja the Luxray snored peacefully with his head on his paws, making the Lieutenant smile softly. The electric lion was one of his Pokemon that he had to keep in the Poke ball most of the time, due to his somewhat insubordinate nature. Disobedience wasn’t tolerated in ENDoG, and so Jace protected Panja by keeping him out of most battles despite his strength. The noble lion refused to kill any fellow Pokemon or fight any he thought were weaker than he, making him a prime target for abuse and torture by other agents. Right now, there were no battles, so the big cat got some rare time out of his ball and to enjoy Jace’s company. The dark-haired man sighed, turning back to his paperwork. There were many new recruits this week... sifting through, he saw a mark on one of the pages that caught his eye. One of the newbies was a young woman with a Pokemon that was deemed ‘unsuitable’ for ENDoG purposes. He frowned slightly, wondering how well the girl was handling it and knowing exactly how she might have felt. Jace glanced once more at Panja, the frown deepening. Perhaps he would visit his new recruits and keep a special eye on her... Myra, she was called. He wasn’t off-duty, but they all were at the moment.

He had already ‘met’ them, lined up at attention and being shouted at as the Lieutenant and their commanding officer. It was a tactic to make them have healthy respect for their officers and to learn obedience; the military was all about chain-of-command. Perhaps he would go to the barracks and have a ‘surprise inspection’ for neatness. Another thing about the military... everyone had to be neat and orderly, with no sense of individuality. A break did sound nice right about now, and Jace couldnt’ say he didn’t enjoy making the newbies panic a little at first. His chair made a loud scraping noise against the tiled floor as he scooted back and stood up. Panja lifted his head off of his paws, looking curious and slightly offended that Jace had stopped petting his fluffy fur. The Lieutenant ruffled the lion’s mane and grinned.

“Inspections for the new recruits! Want to come intimidate people, Panja?” Jace asked. The Luxray’s ears perked in interest and he got to his paws, tail flicking from side to side. “I thought you might.” With that, jace adjusted his uniform and made his way briskly and stiffly down the hall and towards the barracks. “INSPECTIONS!” he barked in his best CO voice, and heard the panicked scramblings of a troupe of recruits. Jace repressed an amused grin and waited for everyone to step out of their rooms and come to attention by their respective doors.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

OOC: Charmander009 and I had an RP conversation over PM, to save spamming everyone else.

Myra
    ENDoG new recruit
    Affected RPers: Charmander 009, The Protobabe

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt
    Myra
    Before Myra knew what was going on, Arianne was standing by the door, gasping at Gallade.

"Arianne, stop talking." Myra said, "He is friendly, and he won't be here long. This is Gallade. I caught him as a Ralts 10 years ago. But ENDoG will only let me use Altaria. I am going to hide him somewhere so I can keep him"

Myra ran over to the door and shut it as Gallade looked strangely at Arianne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander009
    Arianne stared at the creature, her mind fighting through shock while trying to sort out her thoughts. Every instinct of hers was yelling danger, and yet Myra was speaking calmly. Despite this creature's intimidating appearance, she didn't seem worried at all. Trusting Myra, Arianne relaxed...

"Wait..." she said after she calmed down. "You caught this guy? 10 years ago? But...! But I've never seen him before."

How... was that possible? They were best friends! They knew everything about each other! How could Myra keep this a secret from her?

"My parents condition for me keeping him was that he was a secret." Myra explained, "The license was for Ralts. When he evolved, the license wasn't valid, and we were supposed to have gotten rid of him. I got him licensed again before joining ENDoG"

Myra realised how much this must have hurt Arianne, keeping such a secret.

"I'm sorry for lying to you. But Gallade has been one of my best friends for the past 10 years. He was the first friend I had who didn't leave me. I didn't want to lose him."
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander009

Arianne found the nearest bunk and sat on it, trying to take this in. She glanced between the Gallade and her friend, trying to understand. She guessed she could understand if her parents forced her to keep that secret... But why would she go through all that trouble for a Pokemon?

...And she called it one of her best friends?

Arianne opened her mouth, ready to say that Pokemon weren't friends. This went against everything they stood for. But she kept her peace, quailing under the eyes of the Gallade. She didn't like the look it was giving her...

Biting her lip, Arianne whispered, "If it wasn't accepted... Then he can't be here! Myra, if you get caught you're toast!"

Gallade nudged Myra, giving her a cautious look. He must have read her mind. She had told him it was rude to invade like that and made a note to herself to remind him later.

"I am willing to take the risk. Don't worry they won't find..." Myra said, interrupted by a loud male voice.
    "Inspections!" Yelled the voice.
    Myra grabbed Gallade's Pokeball and Altarias. She returned Gallade to his Pokeball with a quick apology, and opened Altaria's. The blue and white winged Pokemon erupted from the ball and sat on the floor next to Myra. It wrapped its clue like wings around itself, and looke duo at Myra, and around the room.

"Altaria, hold this." Myra said, stuffing the Pokeball under Altaria's wing.
    Myra cleaned up the room, which didn't take long due to only being there 5 minutes. However there were footprints in the carpet from Gallade. Myra rubbed the carpet removing the footprints and putting it back to normal, then opened the door, and stood up straight, beckoning Arianne to come out as well. Altaria sat on the floor next to the door inside the room, holding hidden under its wing, Gallade's Pokeball. Outside was an intimidating looking man in his late twenties, walking next to a Luxray...
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-15-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    OOC: I couldn't think of anything immediately for Shay, when I originally wrote these. I'll put her in the next one.

Isa Nari
    ENDoG: Special Ops
    ENDoG HQ
    ARPer's: No one really.

Isa sat, waiting for Tero to return with some news, or at least a sandwich to chew on. Her earlier chemical burns seemed to stop seeping into her skin, and were now just red blotched marks along the sides of her fingers. She was humming a song to herself while Borvos had his arms crossed, leaning against the door to make sure no one bothered them in the slightest. Tero had the ability to move through the vents if she wanted to. Isa continued to twirl the knife around in more complex ways when something on her person beeped. Like the crazy person she was, she threw the knife into the ceiling, and pulled out a phone that was more used for checking text messages than actually talking to people. She was not too impressed with the fact someone wasn’t speaking to her directly, and found it cowardly. That was until she saw Mile’s name come up, and that unpleasant glower turned into a half amused, evil grin.

“Well look at that, the man who wants to be god must have heard me. That or I’m turning into a psychic.” She thought aloud, moving her gaze up towards the end of her statement.

Isa read each and every word carefully, practically beaming with psychotic glee at the first sentence. Fantastic list was right, it wasn’t just one target this time, it was five. They weren’t simple targets either, they were Ex Champions of the world, making them interesting targets. Isa’s heart practically jumped when she read ‘some people need to die’. Words straight from her own, twisted, blackened heart. That wasn’t the best part of it to her though. Somehow having Miles tell her to ‘eliminate them however she liked’ made her all the more pleased. She would have done it her own way anyway and found an excuse for doing so, if she was really against that kind of assassination, but having someone tell her you could kill people however she wanted was just like telling her she had won the lottery. The last part of the message, she focused on with maniacal intent.

‘… publicly display their carcasses for everyone to see.’

There was a gleam in Isa’s eye. Miles had just given her to not only kill five complicated targets however she wanted, but to make a pretty little display of them, however she wanted. She knew what result that would come to; mass panic, fear, dread, hopelessness. Everything Isa would be inflicting, and having control over. It was just, perfect, and by now, Isa was giggling in a dark, inhuman way. She put her phone away and continued to think to herself how much fun she was going to have with this. Despite her mental high on the idea of mutilating people for public display, she was still able to catch Everette before his blade point made it to the surface of Isa’s desk. She quickly sheathed him, and resumed being over joyed. There was always something wrong when a psychopath was overjoyed.

“Ha ha ha… ah Miles.” She spoke softly, pushing the hair out from in front of her face. “Oh I could kiss you for this.”

Borvo’s grunted, shook his head and gave Isa a look that basically had ‘wtf’ written all over it. Isa glared at him. “It’s a figure of speech Borvos, don’t let it go to your head.”

Borvos shrugged and accepted it. Having Isa say normal things was not normal for her at all. Isa stood up from her desk, just as Tero came back holding a Styrofoam container with a big smirk on her face. Isa was pleased to see her come back on time.

“Ah, good girl Tero. Miles gave us some people to murder and make pretty little displays of, and they aren’t normal little displays either.”

Tero nearly squealed as the span around in a circle. The news to her was grand news, as she could finally get out of the confinements of hallways and vents.

“Now we need Mara to go tell Yerazig to find out where Wallace has been. Luckily that Stone boy lives in the same area so get information on him too. Now as for Alder… hmm… yes Alder first.” Isa instructed the rest of them. “Let’s be off now kiddies.”

Jingka Givrali
    Freelancer: Darkrai
    Psychiatric Correctional Facility outside Anville Town, Unova
    ARPer's: Socratic

Jingka watched as one of the doctors, and not the guards seemed to motion towards her, making sure they were the one to watch her while everyone else was processed. He did it after bumping into the warden, which to her, didn’t make much sense after the stunt she just pulled. Even a clumsy person who was new would have avoided giving her any reason to snap at them. She thought that was unnecessary, so doing it in the first place meant that he wanted her full attention for a reason. If it was a staff member who had been there for some time, then he would already know not to bother the warden, unless he found himself on some kind of ego trip and could get away with what he wanted, or either simply did not care. She could see his demeanor change just a moment before approaching her, and she looked at his face quickly. There was something off about his face, something wasn’t there that needed to be.

It wasn’t until he put his arm around her, that Jingka wondered really what he was doing. Any normal person would have pulled away, but Jingka wasn’t a normal person at heart, and she was acting as a ‘rambling lunatic’. It wasn’t until she felt a slight touch on the side of her neck that her natural instincts wanted to kick in. The neck had a pressure point, a very specific one, never mind his tone of voice and how he wasn’t applying that much pressure just seemed to screamed a typical male that didn’t think with his head. Something still didn’t add up though, and Jingka was trying to figure it out, only she had one problem.

‘What is he doing—why are you letting him do that Jingka? I can feel him and it’s entirely uncomfortable!’

‘It’s my body you’re in; you’re going to have to deal with it. Now stop messing with my body language, and making my neck so tense.’

‘It’s awful-do you humans have to deal with this on a regular basis? It’s HORRIBLE! Can I please just shock him?’

‘No. I’m trying to think and you’re making it difficult-’

‘He’s not even just going up and down like you say normal stupid human males do-MAKE HIM STOP ITS UNCOMFORTABLE!’

‘Pulse would you-wait…’

Jingka could feel it, he wasn’t just stroking her neck randomly. No he was writing something. The analyst retraced the feeling as quickly as she could, one of her eyes half closed to she could better imaging the lines on the dark side of her eye lid. She was sure, they were letters, and it was a message. That would explain the missing component of his posture, the fact he bumped into the warden. That actually explained a lot to her, and she sat there for a moment.

“Hmm…”

‘You’re not actually going to go with what this-’

‘Pulse. Quiet please, I’m supposed to be a ‘mental’ patient.’

“Oh… eleven.” She responded quietly. “Is that the time of day? Could you let her know? She might want to too. She charms too, but likes cover up for those blemishes.”

Jingka wasn’t the only one around. One of her other party members was currently sitting on the wall, completely invisible from the remaining human beings. The one in question was a master of illusions who was just waiting on a break out to begin, so she could make their cover. However with this new development of someone who was starting to seem more familiar with each passing second, there was going to be a slight change in plans.

‘I can’t believe you are going with this. Never mind you compared Endra to make-up.’

‘I’d think since you could literally get inside my head, you’d see he’s faking it.’ Jingka thought to the little voice in her head. ‘Now Pulse, relax, you’re throwing me off. I need you to focus on moving me around properly, as I had to wake you up to get off the train like a somewhat normal human being without lethargy.’

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Miles Kahane
    ENDoG Leader
    ENDoG Command Center, Castelia City, Unova
    Affected RPers: N/A

The latest report had confirmed that the remaining legendaries were now in hiding and their influence was being heavily suppressed. But that wasn't enough. I wanted them under complete ENDoG control, and if I couldn't get that, then I wanted them dead. In some of these cases, the report confirmed that attempts made on these particular remaining Pokémon had been met with failure. An assault on Giratina would require a breach into the Reverse World, which was being worked on, but would still be complicated. Deoxys and Jirachi were in space and very likely wouldn't be captured, but already the research and development teams were working on the Eagle Eye targeting laser, a high-tech weapon that could be used to eliminate them both.

However, despite how I wanted the two of them eliminated, there was one Pokémon that truly deserved to die and have its own carcass rammed down its throat. The first option of capturing it would allow us to make it suffer greatly before it died, but if things had become complicated, there was always the option of outright killing it and being done with the whole charade. I had received a phone call on the secured line, and our primary target was the issue.

"Miles, it's happened again," Ben Culver, the main director of the Rayquaza capture team, told me. "We were this damn close to getting our hands on that slimy, green bastard, and then some prick intercepted the operation during the most sensitive step of the process. We needed all hands on deck at that very moment and that little son of a ***** took full advantage of it. He attacked us with an unrestrained Swampert and Aggron while a Scyther and a Sneasel tore apart the cables we were using to restrain Rayquaza. Everything went to hell in an instant."

Yet another maggot that needed to be ripped apart into pieces. But, seeing as how he was essentially begging for a painful and symbolic death, I wouldn't disappoint him. And his Pokémon were deserving of the same lethal treatment.

"Tell me you got the assailant's picture or name," I inquired, knowing it would be yet another face I'd love to shove into the ground.

"We might have, we're still trying to recover what we can from the wreckage," Culver replied. "Sky Pillar completely collapsed in the mayhem, so if there was video capture of the assailant, it's probably buried at the moment."

"Find it, and keep monitoring that monster," I ordered him. "Seeing as how this wretch has already destroyed six of our compounds and has killed a fair number of our personnel, I want his severed head mounted on a stick. I'm flagging Rayquaza for Status Black protocol. You know what that means. I'm sick of dealing with this worm."

"Sounds good to me," Culver replied, still aggravated about this entire situation. "As for that kid, he's one dead puppy once I get my hands on him. I'm gonna rip that kid's intestines out and choke him with them."

We would see in time, but I figured it wouldn't be long before Rayquaza decided to strike again, likely as a result from the destruction of its tower, which I found amusing and was a bit of a silver lining to this rather aggravating situation. Either way, I would adore to see Rayquaza attempt another attack. The additional funding in the Operation War Dragon's plan was not going to make it so easy the seventh time, which would be his last. His hopeless campaign of trying to stop ENDoG operations would end with a shower of blood and body parts.

"I don't care about keeping Rayquaza alive, not even for torturing," I told Culver, knowing he'd better let that sink in. "If the last thing Rayquaza sees is a surface to air missile or the blast of a railgun, so be it. Having him die in the bloodiest way possible would still bring me plenty of satisfaction."

"Looking forward to it," Culver replied. "I'll save a piece of him just so I can wipe my ass with it."

After that, the conversation was terminated. I still had another matter to attend to, and that was with the Skylance System that was about to go online. If this launch went the way it was supposed to, it would prove to be both an extremely valuable weapon when it came to destroying the resistance movement and finding any remaining legendaries that were spotted by anyone. Once Skylance was operational, all hope for the resistance and their "precious" legendary Pokémon would be gone. All they would be able to do is watch, get angry, and then just die.

Skylance had been in production for several years now, programmed to be a secret system deployed by the government to monitor all potential threats of terrorism. It would watch everyone, spying on everyone of every hour and every day, using all security camera footage and audio linked to a central network that would be able to recognize faces, voices, and particular words that could be linked to potential future crimes. Once they were flagged, they would be ripe for assassination, or detention in an underground facility where a wide variety of torture methods could be used. What was even better was the resistance would be totally unaware of Skylance's existence, and would keep recklessly bumbling into the trap every single time. They would have no idea how we would be able to mobilize so quickly and so effectively against them. Essentially, in order to even just have a slim chance to withstand the system, they would have to avoid all contact with civilization, which would only serve to greatly diminish their ability to get their message out to other uprisers.

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    Dr. Gregory Matthew "Doc" Xanatos
    Freelancer (Uxie)
    Psychiatric Correction Facility outside Anville, Unova
    ARPers: Sabi

Doc is quite pleased with the fact that the girl was catching on relatively quickly. Her speech carries acknowledgement of his position, somehow. His (regular, normal, human) intuition twigs him to that fact, but there is something, something that he is missing in that message. Another meaning, hidden among the several.

Eleven. Time. A clock?

Doc positions a clock in his head, and places the girl at its center. He covertly sweep his gaze across the room, making sure to include the entirety of the vector starting from the girl and continuing in the 11 o'clock direction.
    He makes sure not to be seen actually staring in that direction, but he calls on his memory of the sight, examining it carefully. There's almost no discrepancy in the vision–in fact, none that Doc would have noticed if he wasn't carefully paying attention to his memory. However, Doc is paying attention, and so he notices a nearly seemless glamour, concealing an illusionist, probably one of the Zorua line.

Doc gives a barely perceptible nod as the warden smiles nastily,"Well then, who am I to separate you from your charms? Enjoy yourself Dr..."

"Hemmingway." Doc lies smoothly.

"Dr. Hemmingway." She smiles thinly at the patient,"I think I'm going to enjoy it greatly the next time I see you. Everyone else appears to be processed. Let's go."

At that, everyone, clearly having no desire to anger the warden, follows her into the building, leaving the doctor and the patient alone.

Doc then turns to the woman as though to whisper unsanitary things into her ear, using her hair to obscure his mouth. But instead of whispering said unsanitary things, Doc barely breathes out,"Do tell our good friend to cast a glamour over us. I don't wish to seen, nor overheard.

Deep Blue the Metagross
    Freelancer Pokemon
    Northern Victory Road
    ARPers: None

As Deep approaches the destination, he notices that the landscape is changing. Instead of the caverns that Deep is used to, there are ruins of a broken building. The building is breathtaking, even so subjected to the ravages of time. But as Deep Blue walks to the back, he sees something.

In the middle of a burnt and broken garden, there is naught but a single stone, an island of gray in an ocean of burnt black. It stands proudly, completely contrasting the surroundings. On it is a single glyph.

Deep notices a woman stepping out of the shadows (strangely, this woman managed to completely sidestep Deep's considerable psychic abilities, to his chagrin). She's tall–easily Doc's match in height. She is lithe and leonine, and while her face is kind, it also has a great number of battle scars, and her posture is extremely dangerous. She has blond hair currently worn to her waist, but the various ways it is bent suggest that it was usually worn more out of the way, at least in recent times. Her face speaks of grief for a fallen ally–not someone close, but definitely someone respected. She kneels, whispers something in a language that seems vaguely familiar but not understandable to Deep, crosses a red rose with a blue one on top of the grave, gets up, and walks towards Deep.

And then Cynthia, former Champion of Sinnoh and most infamous mythographer in the world, gives Deep Blue a warm smile and says,"Greetings, young Metagross. It would appear we would have a lot to talk about."
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!