Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'm not saying the blood was necessary, I think you did well showing how dead the Exeggcute was without it. =P But now I'm just imagining yellow blood. And people just thinking someone dropped an egg on the ground and not that it was formerly a Pokemon I'm a terrible person XD
    Mewtwo banner and avatar by Pokemon Trainer Sarah!

'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.' -Mewtwo

My Art! | ASB Stats | My Nuzlocke

xD I know. But the image is kinda funny now. I probably should have drawn a plate of scrambled eggs instead. -shot-

Chapter Four updates:

All pages through Page 7 are complete. I'll be scripting the next scene in the very near future!

Here's a peak of the next page!

So... what do you think? Are they going to try knocking out the guards in order to break into the temple... or?

Chapter Four updates:

Got a good chunk of scripting done this week (though, not in order. Whoops) and a page done tonight!

Here's a sneak-peak of one of the pages.

Ch. 4 progress went very well during tonight's stream. I only finished one page- but I sketched out the next NINE pages after that. I've had this part planned for a while, so I know what I'm doing. Just... drawing it is gonna be hard. xD I got started on some more script- so PROGRESS!

Here, have some screenshots of random sketched panels!

[img]

Progress:

Spoiler:
    Planning/Writing
    Note: All percentages are estimates with fancy colors.

Planning: 80%
    Outlining: 70%

Scripting: 25%

Pages

Sketched: 9
    Lined: 0
    Flat Colors: 0
    Shaded: 0
    Backgrounds: 0
    Finished: 9

Seriously guys, don't be afraid to post here from time to time. D8 It's been so dead here lately.

Finished lines and flat colors for the next page. You might notice some changes over the next few page (the changes started two pages ago, actually). Cookies for whoever can figure out what changed.

I'm still getting used to drawing Ace. xD Arcanine are hard to draw.

A little more progress today.

NaNo starts in 7 minutes. I'm going to go panic now.

Been some steady progress over the last few days. Motivation is still very low, but I'm finding bits at a time to be a bit easier to manage than my usual "DO THE PAGE IN ONE SITTING!" method. ^_^'

Here's a preview / WIP shot of page... 14 I think? The page is shaded- just needs backgrounds. I might be going a little overboard with the lighting now. I started it so simple in the pages with Talon's group... not sure what happened, but I'm now using an extra 9 layers for shading total (I've got 3 color layers- so +3 clipping masks on each for a total of 6 layers per color layer.)

They kinda look like this now.

- Shading 1 (light shading)
    - Light 1 (Soft light)
    - Light 2 (Hard light)
    - Shading 2 (dark shading)
    - Markings / Misc.
    Color Base

Whoops. I use too many layers sometimes. I sometimes add extra layers for other things (Bern's tail flame takes 5 layers by itself, not counting the light).

Well whatever you're doing with the lighting it looks beautiful! :D Ohey, that's only one more layer than I use XD
    -Backlight (color dodge, varying/low opacity)
    -Highlight (color dodge, 50% opacity)
    -Bright highlight (linear dodge (add), 50%; only for highlights on bright colors, because the highlight layer doesn't work for them)
    -Shading (multiply, 70%)
    Base Color and markings

I'm really loving where this is going so I'd hate for you to drop it completely, so work on it at your own pace C:
    Mewtwo banner and avatar by Pokemon Trainer Sarah!

'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.' -Mewtwo

My Art! | ASB Stats | My Nuzlocke

@PTGigi

Not too terribly different than mine. xD I use multiply for most shadow layers (opacity depends on area- 30% for normal/basic lighting, 50% and 70% for inside the temple)- but the light layers are just normal with low opacity. I messed with varying modes, but found I liked normal best. xD

And no worries, I'm just really stressed and not thinking clearly at this time. I just need to calm down and relax a bit. It happens from time to time, PRS just got the worst of my irrational thinking. I'll be on medicines for the insanity/depression before long, I suppose. This might just be a result of the health nonsense I've been dealing with (depression/violent mood swings ARE symptoms). ^_^

Here's another preview, cause why the heck not?

This is from the next page. Backgrounds for the temple are thankfully pretty easy. For now.

And an unrelated note, I've been working on a page for Nightfall recently. Well- not the official comic- more of a bonus comic to test the style and such for when I really get started. It's slow going, but I'm really excited to get officially started later this year. Still lots of planning to do.... I have way too many projects going on at once.