Update News/Status

I posted stuff about this on DA- and a brief notice on Smackjeeves- but I've been so busy I forgot to mention it here.

While updates will resume on December 26th as scheduled, I am going to be shifting my focus away from the comic and more towards one of my other projects for the next several months.

Why? The other project, Sunrise, is a reboot of a story I started writing five or six years ago. While working on it for NaNo this year, I realized just how much I had begun to miss working on it. It's an original story- one I've been developing for a long time. It's far from perfect (or complete), but I want to go back and give it the love it needs. Starting by getting Sunrise revised and edited for public posting, then by working on Nightfall that takes place just a few years prior to the events in Sunrise. I'll be posting the Sunrise chapters in a flash file with illustrations behind the text- just to make it look pretty.

Now try to imagine the amount of work it's going to take to get each chapter up and ready to be posted. That's why Pokemon: Rising Shadows is going to lose some of its priority in my schedule. If I were just posting up the text or draft of each chapter, there'd be no issue... but I want to go all out, and thus, I must make sacrifices in order to do so. If anything, this semester has been tough- and it won't get any easier.

Don't fret though- I have no intentions of halting updates altogether- I still want to TRY to update on a moreless regular basis, but I'm not going to make any promises. I know I've been pretty good with weekly updates over the last year (with a few bumps)- this is just a warning that that consistency is probably going to end as I try to settle into a new routine.

Honestly, I really need to do this. Sunrise has been nagging at the back of my mind for months, and now that I wrote book one for NaNo, I can no longer suppress the urge to work on it. It's difficult enough trying to NOT work on it while I work on final projects.

Also. I haven't slept since Friday. 8D And I think I'm sick. No sleep tonight either. I'm just posting this before I pass out for the rest of the week. Final projects. They eat souls. One down, one to go. 20 hours- just gotta survive 20 more hours. Then one small project due Friday (easy easy) and one test (next week- not easy, but not hard). ALMOST THERE.

Oh- and I'll be out of town for the holidays. Since it's international travel, I decided I won't be taking my good laptop. I might take my old one though so I can at least check the internet. But no art during that time.

Anyway, I think I've drifted enough off topic. I'll be responding to comments and threads after I survive the worst of finals and catch up on sleep.

I've seen this message a few times now in various places, probably best to chime in XD

I get what you're saying and don't worry about it! We understand! c: Hopefully you can get some sleep though, that don't sound very fun and I hope you're alright! D: Good luck on your finals! I'm in the same boat too, projects and exams this week and next :c
    Mewtwo banner and avatar by Pokemon Trainer Sarah!

'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.' -Mewtwo

My Art! | ASB Stats | My Nuzlocke