Thread: Dark Comics

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Dark Comics

These are some great scary comics someone linked to on another site, so I thought I'd share 'em with you guys to see what you think:

Bongcheon-Ghost

Ghost in Masung Tunnel

And yeah, I'll admit I didn't see that coming either!

The Unforgotten
    Wow. Just wow. I am an absolute horror fanatic and hardly anything can get me to jump.

But that, just wow. Thanks for sharing that with us, it's very much appreciated on my end at least =D

I died inside ;m;

Spoiler:
    I thought to myself "Eh, comics are just still pictures" so when that last one turned at me I got really scared
    , gonna share that to my friends!

EDIT : Kept on going and it got even worse, just realised that first post was kind of a spoiler so I'll update it.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Wow. Just wow. I am an absolute horror fanatic and hardly anything can get me to jump.

But that, just wow. Thanks for sharing that with us, it's very much appreciated on my end at least =D
    Yeah, I'm kind of the same way. I've seen a lot of horror stuff that just doesn't faze me and I've seen just about every level of gore that's possible.

But these... ye-ouch, I suddenly felt my nerves sting and I haven't felt that in a while! But hey, glad you enjoyed them, a good spook is great every now and then. :3

BONGCHEON-GHOST.

Thanks for the nightmares, guys.

EDIT: Just read Ghost in Masung Tunnel. For those of you who have read it...

Spoiler:
    Read through the comic again. Stop when you reach the panel of the other survivor in their hospital bed. Scroll past it and read to the end of the comic. Now scroll back to that panel. SPOOKY!
    Last edited by Tenacity; 01-02-2015 at 09:47 PM.

| | |

How high can Tenacity get on the official Showdown Server's ladders?
    Spoiler:
    Format | Core Pokemon | Highest Rating | Highest Ranking | W/L

OU || 1677 | 497th/500 | 50/27
    Random | ? | 1605 | Unranked | 42/13

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler:

OH MY GOD JUMPSCARES WHY WHY WHY THIS IS A COMIC NOT A VIDEO WTF MY CAPS LOCK BROKE EAGIAEG!$#!

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler:

OH MY GOD JUMPSCARES WHY WHY WHY THIS IS A COMIC NOT A VIDEO WTF MY CAPS LOCK BROKE EAGIAEG!$#!
    See, I think the beauty of these is:

Spoiler:
    As a comic, you're not expecting animation and audio in the slightest. I think we've all read hundreds, if not thousands, of comics in paper and internet format. So to have them suddenly jump at you and make loud sounds with no forewarning is going to fry your nerves for sure (and it was probably even worse for the poor souls that were wearing headphones at the time). You wouldn't even get this effect if these were short anime movies, since you'd expect the animation.

Also, as a comic, even once you've gotten the first shock and you realize what the creator's up to, you still have no idea which panels are going to have animation and sounds since there are plenty that don't to get your guard down. By the time I got to Ghost in Masung Tunnel, I was fully steeled in paranoia for every panel to have something go whack, but that only helps so much. There is zero indication which panels are going to have something spring up at you since they all look very similar and most of them have the potential for something nuts to happen in them.

In all, these were well-done, haven't had a shock like that for a while.

The Unforgotten
    Besides comics, got any good horror movies that may have shocked you as well?

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Besides comics, got any good horror movies that may have shocked you as well?
    Unfortunately, can't say I have. I have a friend that prefers to watch low-quality, cheesy horror movies, so yeah, I haven't seen anything that really is worth noting lately.

I've seen that first one before. It scared me half to death then and still now o.e THAT SECOND ONE THOUGH. DX

I never truly understood how terrifying comics could be until I saw these D: (and I highly recommend everybody who can handle it read them XD)
    Mewtwo banner and avatar by Pokemon Trainer Sarah!

'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.' -Mewtwo

My Art! | ASB Stats | My Nuzlocke