Have you ever been in love?

Have you ever been in love? What was your first "love" like? Have you fallen in and out of love often? What is love to you? Have you had a bad breakup or amazing relationship you want to tell us a bout? ..Then go ahead! :)

I posted this in the srs discussion because I hope it can be a serious discussion, but if it needs to be moved then go right ahead. I am unsure of how it will develop. :)

_______

The first time I fell in love was grade 7 and I "dated" the guy for about three years. In reality we weren't capable of adult love but it was a good companionship. His mother was friends with my mother and as a result it was pretty pleasant for both of our families!

Currently I am in a fairly different relationship (of course since I'm not in grade 7 now hahaha....) and it's pretty serious I guess! We are moving in together in January and I could not be more excited!

As for "What is love", well, I think love is some feelings that happen plus the effort you put in. To me you can care for someone or feel attraction but if you aren't inclined to make an effort then it's not love. Other people (from my experience) have very different ideas of love.

Of course I am speaking mostly of romantic love here. You can have love for your family, your friends, your pets etc.

________
    Share away, I really want to know what people define love as. If you have never been in love then share that too haha, I'd like to know why. :)

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

2. This post has been liked by:

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Honestly? I don't know either.

I had one serious relationship in the past, for about 3 years. After that, I kinda just...never found anyone.
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

*Sigh*

Love is many things...amazing, peaceful, scary, sad, affirming.

Been in love twice and it would be hard to describe what its like to love and hate someone. To respect them while wishing to never see them again.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

I don't think love is a result of "free-will," but more of a result in brain and brain chemistry. Most notably oxytocin, the hormone of intimacy. It's literally the "love drug," as it plays an important role in sexual reproduction, as well as maternity roles and pair bonding.

But I digress. xD I fell head over heels for a guy a little over a year ago, and it drove me to near insanity. The relationship would've been inappropriate (he's over twice my age...), so it's something I could never pursue. The fact that he was much older really hit me in the face, because I realized I couldn't control my emotions very well and above all, I couldn't control who I fell for. He was just so...I can't describe it really, but I live in a rural area and everyone here is...less than desirable. He was a diamond in the rough, so to speak. It haunted me so horribly I'd have nervous breakdowns a lot and I couldn't even say his name without feeling horrible for a bit. I just have recently gotten over it (for the most part). :(

But I still would really like a significant other. It can make you feel absolutely horrible, but it's a pain you want again and again. But I'm really sensitive and I don't think I can handle a break up in all honesty. The thing with the older guy made me feel the worst I've ever felt, and we didn't even date or get to be "truly" in love, so I cringe at the thought of breaking up with someone who I did get to know and love.

Either way, I'm a hoe and jump from man to man either way. u laugh but it tru Currently in love with James Van Der Beek (who is also twice my age, I think I have some sort of a complex for older men). He's 2hot4me. <3

Spoiler:

|||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I don't think love is a result of "free-will," but more of a result in brain and brain chemistry. Most notably oxytocin, the hormone of intimacy. It's literally the "love drug," as it plays an important role in sexual reproduction, as well as maternity roles and pair bonding.

But I digress. xD I fell head over heels for a guy a little over a year ago, and it drove me to near insanity. The relationship would've been inappropriate (he's over twice my age...), so it's something I could never pursue. The fact that he was much older really hit me in the face, because I realized I couldn't control my emotions very well and above all, I couldn't control who I fell for. He was just so...I can't describe it really, but I live in a rural area and everyone here is...less than desirable. He was a diamond in the rough, so to speak. It haunted me so horribly I'd have nervous breakdowns a lot and I couldn't even say his name without feeling horrible for a bit. I just have recently gotten over it (for the most part). :(

But I still would really like a significant other. It can make you feel absolutely horrible, but it's a pain you want again and again. But I'm really sensitive and I don't think I can handle a break up in all honesty. The thing with the older guy made me feel the worst I've ever felt, and we didn't even date or get to be "truly" in love, so I cringe at the thought of breaking up with someone who I did get to know and love.

Either way, I'm a hoe and jump from man to man either way. u laugh but it tru Currently in love with James Van Der Beek (who is also twice my age, I think I have some sort of a complex for older men). He's 2hot4me. <3

Spoiler:
    Corey brings up an interesting point. Different types of love. While I dont personally consider unrequited love real love. I have felt love for someone that never really blossomed. In the end I felt like it was misguided lust I felt.

To me, Love in this aspect can really only be understood in a relationship. This is something that not everyone has experienced and it isnt something that you feel right off the bat. Love is a process that goes beyond Lust. Which I fell like Corey is describing above. Its being their in the very worst and the very best of your partners. I say people really only know love when they are without. Everyone can be happy and feel great. So new love is kind of generic. Its in the moments of heartache and sadness that you can tell the difference between love and well all the other relationships you had that were not love.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

What do you mean by love exactly? I assume you mean love as in actually being in a relationship. That's something I've never done, as much as I want to. Not that I'm desperate or anything. I just want to have the experience of being in a relationship before I leave high school. To be honest, I don't think I had my first crush until I was 14, which was only a bit over two years ago. That crush was short lived though.

I have never actually acted on a crush. I've never told any of my crushes I liked them. It's not just that I didn't have it in me to do so though (although that is part of it). I remember one of the crushes was dating someone for a while, and then she moved away. Another one of my crushes I just thought wasn't something that could work out, so as hard as it was, I forced myself to let it go and move on. Basically stuff like that. To be honest though I don't think I could act on a crush that actually would be worth acting on.