Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Experienced Trainer bronislav84's Avatar
    Neo only signed up because nobody else was going to by the look of things. If you want to be judge for it, I'm sure he would be fine with that.

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah/Ava by Neo Emolga

R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST
    Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post
    I was going to sign up for judging graphic arts. But now that Neo is jumping on as judge, I have a lot less to worry about in competition. =P

Unless Gemma magically appears. .__.;
    Dude, if you want to judge graphic art, I'd gladly take creative writing instead. I was totally on the fence when it came to deciding between the two, so let's just do that.

Name: XaiakuX
    What sections are you applying for? Graphic Arts.
    What is your experience in the area(s) you want to be a judge for? I actually have been a WAR judge for Graphic Arts before, iirc. Also, I mean.. Those who have followed me for years, since the beginning, know that Graphic Art and Design is a major hobby and pass-time for me. I've been doing it since 2006. Granted, the stuff you see me doing on here is kinda lame and boring, but I know what to look for. I don't look at graphic art as just banners. I mean, if you can pull some awesome CGI and post it in my WAR thread, then that'd be pretty amazing. At the same time, someone could upload a banner/tag that looks way better than the CGI, and they could win. I keep an open mind, but my eye remains sharp.

If chosen for the judging position, how would you go about judging it and distributing points (you will have 6 each week to distribute)?

So, I've been thinking about this. I have such a passion for Graphic Arts and Design, that I want other people to be inspired to do it, as well. To be encouraged to participate and learn just how fun it can be. With that said, I'd like to do this on a weekly basis:

First - 4
    Second - 3

And give literally everyone else who participated that week 1 point.

Not only would they feel like they're doing something for their team, but they're getting involved, and learning something new. I think it's all around better this way. Granted it might be a little extra on the shoulders of the person tallying scores. But I think it'll go a long way for WAR participation, and potentially uncovering a great artist. =]

If not, I can totally roll over for 1st - 3, 2nd - 2, 3rd - 1.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

Senior Administrator

Okay, that's one problem solved. Nixing my graphic art judge application, to allow XaiakuX to have it and figured I might as well make this official:

Name: Neo Emolga!
    What sections are you applying for? Creative Writing

What is your experience in the area you want to be a judge for? - I've been the judge for Creative Writing before, and I enjoyed it a lot, so I'd definitely welcome the opportunity to do it again. Besides that, I've written truckloads of stuff from poems, fan fictions, novels, and more, although sadly most of it has gone completely unread. A lot of my stories have gone well past the 100 page mark very easily. Besides judging Creative Writing before, I've also been an avid participant in it and have enjoyed the experience of writing many one-shots that tested my abilities.

If chosen for the judging position, how would you go about judging it and distributing points (you will have 6 each week to distribute)? Each week will have a theme that the participant writers will have to work with, as well as a few interesting twists, such as a certain line a character has to say or some objective of significance having to make an appearance. I tried it before the first time I judged Creative Writing and it produced very interesting results that I wasn't expecting, but was pleasantly surprised to see. It was also interesting to see how different writers took the different parameters in totally different directions but still made it work beautifully. I'd like to try something like that again and see how people roll with it.

In terms of scoring, 3 points would go to the top "gold" entry, while 2 would go to the 2nd place winner and 3rd would get one point.

Senior Administrator

*Drumroll*

OFFICIAL WAR SEASON II JUDGES

Role Play: bronislav84
    Creative Writing: Neo Emolga
    Humor: Lord Celebi

Drawn Art: Corrupt_Voidlich
    Pixel Art: Speed-X
    Graphic Art: XaiakuX

GCEA: Shadow Tracker Max
    Showdown: Saraibre Ryu
    URPG: swiftgallade46
    ASB: Elbub

@bronislav84 @Lord Celebi @Corrupt_Voidlich @Speed-X @XaiakuX @Shadow Tracker Max @Saraibre Ryu @swiftgallade46 @Elbub

6. This post has been liked by:

Do you have an idea of when you'll need them posted?
    Last edited by Rival Max; 05-13-2015 at 10:50 PM.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Tracker Max View Post
    Do you have an idea of when you'll need them posted?
    As long as the stuff is good to go before June 7, you're golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    As long as the stuff is good to go before June 7, you're golden.
    I prefer being silver ;) and thanks are the points we get each week set are is that still being discussed?

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar
    I prefer being silver ;) and thanks are the points we get each week set are is that still being discussed?
    The silver standard was a terrible idea. I prefer fiat currency.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He's told us not to blow it 'cause he knows it's all worthwhile.

Senior Administrator

Every section gets six points to work with on a weekly basis.