Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Saw part two of Mockingjay yesterday. It was pretty good & much better than the first half.

Spoiler:
    As someone who hadn't read the book (I read the first one and more than half the second; never got to the last) it was fun predicting things, even if a lot of what I predicted came true. Even the fact that Peeta would live. I do not like Peeta; he bugs me and I really dislike the romance between him and Katniss. It feels like every action/fantasy/dystopian movie/book series with a strong female lead HAS to have romance incorporated into it. I probably would've tolerated him more if he and Katniss weren't more than friends/allies.

Anyway, Coin's death was very satisfying to see. Rue's, on the other hand, not so much. Poor Katniss ;;

dreamwidth // plurk // tumblr // gallery
    gfx by lucia @ pxr // feat. lily white

Deadpool. xD Omg it was great. Very entertaining. So inappropriate (especially considering parents take their kids to see it because they apparently can't google the rating), but so good. x)

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Deadpool. xD Omg it was great. Very entertaining. So inappropriate (especially considering parents take their kids to see it because they apparently can't google the rating), but so good. x)
    Same here, it was definitely great. The origin story felt a little drawn out and I would have liked to see more of the insane kind of action they had on the highway and the wrecked aircraft carrier, but it was still really good and I enjoyed it. I would definitely welcome another without a doubt.

Also, it was rated R. If parents were dippy enough to bring their kids to it and then complain about the inappropriateness of the movie, they should have looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Same here, it was definitely great. The origin story felt a little drawn out and I would have liked to see more of the insane kind of action they had on the highway and the wrecked aircraft carrier, but it was still really good and I enjoyed it. I would definitely welcome another without a doubt.

Also, it was rated R. If parents were dippy enough to bring their kids to it and then complain about the inappropriateness of the movie, they should have looked.
    I agree! The action at the beginning was absolutely insane and incredible. XD I love how fast-paced it was, but unlike many movies, you could still tell what was happening despite the fast-pacing. Oh yes, I'd love another, too. xD I really liked the 'inhuman strength' fight between the metal dude and that angry lady. And also the moody teen's fire abilities were awesome!

Really? It was only MA here. Oh no. We're so irresponsible! I thought it should have been R rated, but...guess not. xD Then again, you guys have X rated and I think we don't, so perhaps it's MA to accommodate for your X-rated movies which are our R-rated ones or something.

Deadpool also counts for my latest trip to the cinema! And it was awesome. Dunsparce-level awesome.

Rated 15 here, meaning no one under the age of 15 is allowed in, even if they were with parents.
    Completing Generation III

Heartfelt thanks to Neo Emolga for my avatar!

6. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Well the last movie I saw was Maze Runner: Scorch Trials. I still NEED to see the Deadpool movie though. That and probably the new Kung Fu Panda movie.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I agree! The action at the beginning was absolutely insane and incredible. XD I love how fast-paced it was, but unlike many movies, you could still tell what was happening despite the fast-pacing. Oh yes, I'd love another, too. xD I really liked the 'inhuman strength' fight between the metal dude and that angry lady. And also the moody teen's fire abilities were awesome!

Really? It was only MA here. Oh no. We're so irresponsible! I thought it should have been R rated, but...guess not. xD Then again, you guys have X rated and I think we don't, so perhaps it's MA to accommodate for your X-rated movies which are our R-rated ones or something.
    X-rating was changed to NC-17, which is equal to being rated R. But yeah, if it's rated R, that means no one under seventeen can be admitted without a parent. I mean heck, as (wonderfully) inappropriate as the Deadpool movie is, it's actually a whole lot cleaner than stuff like Game of Thrones on HBO where they don't even ask before showing nudity/rape/incest, grizzly violence, and a whole lot of colorful profanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Well the last movie I saw was Maze Runner: Scorch Trials. I still NEED to see the Deadpool movie though. That and probably the new Kung Fu Panda movie.
    Yeah, having seen and enjoyed Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2, I would like to know how the storyline continues. It was rated well, but the only problem is it seems awkward to be an adult male, going to the theater by yourself to see what could be considered a kid's movie. I'll have to see if a friend of mine is interested in it as well.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, having seen and enjoyed Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2, I would like to know how the storyline continues. It was rated well, but the only problem is it seems awkward to be an adult male, going to the theater by yourself to see what could be considered a kid's movie. I'll have to see if a friend of mine is interested in it as well.
    Yeah I know how it is. I just don't wanna see it alone mainly. Watching any movie alone feels....odd enough. Kids movie or not I see it how I see the Pokemon series now. I like it, it's good, but it's set to meet a standard. Oh well I'll see it eventually one way or another.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

I watched Kung Fu Panda 3 this last Sunday, and I have to say it wraps up a great triliogy very nicely, it's very well made, and couldn't find any major flaws. I'd give it a 9/10 just because I don't give anything perfect scores, especially not without a second opinion on the matter.

Senior Administrator

Just saw London Has Fallen because I was really in the mood for an action movie and I have free movie passes. Plus they've been advertising it everywhere, so I figured eh, why not? It's great if you're looking for a movie with lots of gunfights, action, car chases, explosions, and edge of your seat action. And Morgan Freeman. It's NOT a good movie if you're looking for something that actually feels believable and realistic, because this certainly wasn't by a long shot. This made it look like terrorists have a bigger military spending budget than most first world countries combined and so much dumb luck that I was almost surprised Smaug and Megatron didn't randomly show up to help them out.

But if you're just looking for crazy action and stuff like that like I was, you'll leave satisfied. :)