Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Ok I'm just going to warn you now, mine is more than likely going to be very long since I like my stories to be… verbose I guess is the word for it. Helps me develop stuff and smooth out kinks and what not.
    *High fives*

Welcome to the crew, I'm a lot like that also! XD

But yeah, no problem. If stories start to get really long, I might start reading on Saturday starting with whoever submitted their entry form first and working my way down the line.
    Last edited by Neo Emolga; 06-07-2015 at 07:35 PM.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    *High fives*

Welcome to the crew, I'm a lot like that also! XD

But yeah, no problem. If stories start to get really long, I might start reading on Saturday starting with whoever submitted their entry form first and working my way done the line.
    Yeah and make sure to let them know first so they don't change anything after you've read it.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I thought that mine was going to be really short, but it's getting slowly longer and longer...
    I hope that mine sounds like it's from the right time period. The closest thing I read to historical fiction is Steampunk, and this is definitely not Steampunk...

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah and make sure to let them know first so they don't change anything after you've read it.
    Yep, will do. I don't think it'll get to that point, but if it does, I'll give people a heads up via VM and post about it here.

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    I thought that mine was going to be really short, but it's getting slowly longer and longer...
    I hope that mine sounds like it's from the right time period. The closest thing I read to historical fiction is Steampunk, and this is definitely not Steampunk...
    I guess your muse does get overtime after all!

No worries. Besides the classics that get assigned in school from Grapes of Wrath, Across Five Aprils, and The Great Gatsby, there's plenty of other good examples.

Alright, I already have a few ideas floating around! So, all we have to do is choose a time period? It doesn't have to be something that actually happened in history?
    Is it ninja Skarmory or Ninjask armory?
    Friend Code: 3711 - 7604 - 5273

Vaporeon: Shiny Collection | Mightyena: URPG | Absol: Sprite Gallery | Mega Lopunny: Naturelocke Challenge | Serperior: Pokemon Aesthetics | Ampharos: Prism Stats | other sprites are placeholders for when something exists for them to link to

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaskarmory View Post
    Alright, I already have a few ideas floating around! So, all we have to do is choose a time period? It doesn't have to be something that actually happened in history?
    Nope, it doesn't, just as long as the time period and setting did exist, but it doesn't need to follow specific events.

Administrator

If it's not too late to join I may jump in and see what I can come up with. Usually pretty good at quick improvisation when it comes to making up a story like that....not so great at actual improv though (like Whose Line improv)...which is strange. Oh well, if it's not too late I'll read over the rules and such again apply or whatever is needed and get started!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    If it's not too late to join I may jump in and see what I can come up with. Usually pretty good at quick improvisation when it comes to making up a story like that....not so great at actual improv though (like Whose Line improv)...which is strange. Oh well, if it's not too late I'll read over the rules and such again apply or whatever is needed and get started!
    You've still got plenty of time! And even so, I'm more of a quality over quantity kind of guy anyway.

Good luck, but if you've got questions, let me know. :D

This is probably a stupid question, but where should I post my entry so I can link it? The code wanted a link to my submission, so obviously I'm not just putting it in the thread. Should I post it on my blog and link that? I looked into doing it as an attachment, but the attachment limit is too small when it is compatible and not compatible when the entry isn't too large. I'm just completely confused.

VPP

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    This is probably a stupid question, but where should I post my entry so I can link it? The code wanted a link to my submission, so obviously I'm not just putting it in the thread. Should I post it on my blog and link that? I looked into doing it as an attachment, but the attachment limit is too small when it is compatible and not compatible when the entry isn't too large. I'm just completely confused.
    Nah, it's no biggie.

Start a new thread right here at the Writer's Desk forum and post your story there. When you're all done writing everything up in however many posts you need, you post here, in this thread using the form, with the link to the story where it says "Link to Submission."

Let's say, for example, I was submitting the Trial of Juno Saga (shameless advertisement!) as an entry to this. I would just put this:

Name: Neo Emolga
    WAR Team: The Phoenix Battalion
    Title of Entry: The Trial of Juno Saga
    Link to Submission: Right here!

Done. That's all you need to do. When it comes to submitting your story, you just need to have your submission post (like the one above) ready and posted before judging time.

Hopefully that makes it clear.