Page 29 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    If that's the case, the plot with the sidequest should be related to the Pokemon having something to do with the plot at large, specifically something coming up, and the person going after it winds up being the only person able to follow it due to his/her skillset and/or background (IE, Craig being able to track an Absol through super-tall grass. and constant rain, or someone from Sinnoh allows him to understand two foregin grunts talk about a courier Skarmory delivering messages to their team): Victory in catching it means a leg-up for the rest of the team in the next major event.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Nonexistent Tazz View Post
    If that's the case, the plot with the sidequest should be related to the Pokemon having something to do with the plot at large, specifically something coming up, and the person going after it winds up being the only person able to follow it due to his/her skillset and/or background (IE, Craig being able to track an Absol through super-tall grass. and constant rain, or someone from Sinnoh allows him to understand two foregin grunts talk about a courier Skarmory delivering messages to their team): Victory in catching it means a leg-up for the rest of the team in the next major event.
    My idea was more the opposite. Something that challenges the character eg Jacob is reckless, so a situation where he would have to be patient. Ginji has a bit if a short temper. He has to learn to control it better to get out of his situation.

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    You can combine both ideas, though, can't you? You can still have a challenging situation where someone's strengths come in handy. IE, something where Adelaide has to practice stealth, but perhaps the quest ends with an awesome smack down or also requires empathy/kindness.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    That's doubly awesome, though I'm not sure if it would work that smoothly. If we do it that way, I'd invert what you thought of: Have the strengths be the hook in, but have the weaknesses be the parts towards the end. IE, Craig's tracking the Absol, but towards the end, he has to be quiet and patient for hours on end, something that's a lot easier said than done for the guy who's version of 'standing still' is vibrating.

Senior Moderator

Sounds good. I have some ideas for most o the ruby characters that would be thoroughly entertaining. If we use them, a member of team ruby will be babysitting some psychopathic Girl Scouts xD

These all sound good in writing but making a sidequest would be much harder. A story would need to be worked in advance for the person applying for a sidequest. The story could be linked to everything else but really it should be a separate that way there is more freedom.

Good things about the sidequest, they would move as fast as the person taking them.

Couple things to consider
    *Would the sidequest feature its own set of pokemon based on the location. I.e craig searching for absol in the grass, only grass pokemon available. If so im thinking the amount of pokemon you bring back would be limited to the main pokemon and possibly one other pokemon.
    * Should this be treated like URPG treated it. You can buy tools to help you reach your goal/]
    *Should the sidequest feature a new npc played by one of your friends, or should gcea characters be allowed to show up during a sidequest.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Senior Moderator

I think that it will depend on the reward. The better the reward,
    The less side quest exclusive Pokemon available.

Hmm a "call a friend" thing might be interesting xD

EDIT: also they would need to be done in times lots between gyms. Eg there isn't muh time between rustboro and Dewford, but a fair bit between Dewford and Mauville, or Lavaridge and Petalburg. That way if it goes longer than expect, everyone else isn't waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I think that it will depend on the reward. The better the reward,
    The less side quest exclusive Pokemon available.

Hmm a "call a friend" thing might be interesting xD

EDIT: also they would need to be done in times lots between gyms. Eg there isn't muh time between rustboro and Dewford, but a fair bit between Dewford and Mauville, or Lavaridge and Petalburg. That way if it goes longer than expect, everyone else isn't waiting.
    Im really thinking the sidequest will not be related to the story, explaining how someone disappeared would be difficult.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Senior Moderator

I could think of a few.

~Someone misses ferry and has to wait for next one. (Rustboro, Dewford, Slateport, Lilycove, Mossdeep, Sootopoolis, Pacifidlog)
    ~Arguement and someone leaves temporarily (Jacob and Magnus aren't always gonna get along, as are Jon and te rest of his team.
    ~Forced to flee a fight from team Aqua and Magma, and accidentally gets seperated.
    ~Interns get given a bit of free time during their stay in a certain city.
    I will think of others later if we need them. It would be easier to explain why they aren't with the group than why they suddenly have a rare Pokemon/item (quest reward)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I could think of a few.

~Someone misses ferry and has to wait for next one. (Rustboro, Dewford, Slateport, Lilycove, Mossdeep, Sootopoolis, Pacifidlog)
    ~Arguement and someone leaves temporarily (Jacob and Magnus aren't always gonna get along, as are Jon and te rest of his team.
    ~Forced to flee a fight from team Aqua and Magma, and accidentally gets seperated.
    ~Interns get given a bit of free time during their stay in a certain city.
    I will think of others later if we need them. It would be easier to explain why they aren't with the group than why they suddenly have a rare Pokemon/item (quest reward)
    The story depends on peoples reactions. It would be easy to say that a person received a gift from family or from there pen pal. Than to have someone miss out part of the journey. There is no way to predict whats gong to happen. Because these pokemon wouldnt just appear with the trainer after the sidequest, they would receive them from a messenger. Kinda like when its someones birthday, they get to pick a pokemon. The pokemon doesnt appear it is sent to them.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic