Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Since bells/maramba/and the piano are so similar in key structure, that's one thing that really helped me learn. Wind instruments are completely different. All depends on how your lips are placed on the reed and needs quick changing at times. I guess that's why I couldn't get into those.

I'm pretty surprised, but I just found some big, possibly very revealing, PSMD news. This requires a spoiler tag tho as it contains spoilers from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/ and Sky.

Spoiler:
    Apparently in one of the trailers when we see the connection links we can see something pretty awesome relating to previous Mystery Dungeon games. 3 particular connections are: Dusknoir, Grovyle, and "specifically" a pink Celebi all connected to each other. This can almost stand as absolute proof that at least the first 2 worlds of Mystery Dungeon are in the game. At this point why not Gates world, like Post Town, as well?

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Reminds me of what I was wondering when I watched the first trailer. Since the Pokemon world is so large in PSMD, do you think the towns from the previous PMD games could be in there some where? It was pretty clear that there's going to be more than one town, if background scenery counts for anything.

I wonder how important to the story line these connections are going to be.

VPP

Administrator

The world looks huge. The entire continents or worlds could be behind the corners of the world we currently see. I would love to see the other towns. Seeing Wigglytuff Guild, Pokemon Square, or other dungeons like the previous final dungeons (excluding GTI). Just the remastered soundtracks alone would be amazing!

This also brings me back to one of my original theories to this game. Mostly being based on dimensions or dimensional travel or issues. They show us Giratina in a trailer and tell us we can summon Hoopa with an item. It was just revealed in its movie and given out in Japan and soon to be here in the US. I still feel Yveltal and Xerneas have a primary role to the main issues to be resolved in the game, but there's gotta be something with Hoopa and/or Giratina. The dimensions could lead us to these previous worlds if there is dimensional travel.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 08-31-2015 at 01:32 AM.

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

That. would. be. awesome.

Heck, either way, I have yet to be disappointed by a PMD game. Gates has been quite a bit of fun and I'm stumped as to why I waited so long to finally play this. Better late than never, maybe?

Also, I started inquiring about Pikachu mascot costumes and decided to contact that one supplier I mentioned earlier. He showed me this picture, and it doesn't look bad and looks pretty close, but it doesn't quite look like the costumes they feature in Pikachu Festivals and that's what I was really hoping to get. I decided to ask him if he could make it more like those and like the ones he had on the main product page. And I also provided yet another Pikachu Festival picture so he had the right idea (I swear, scrolling through pictures of Pikachu Festivals will easily blow your mind. XD)

I'm really hoping he can do it. If not... ah, I think what he showed me is pretty good, even if it's a little different in terms of body shape and proportion. Figured I'd ask anyway!

Administrator

It was worth it to ask for sure. More accurate the better spending that kind of money for it.

Yeah Gates wasn't perfect, but it was still a great Mystery Dungeon game for sure. Few things in the game I could complain about and it's only dealing with how you can't change the text speed or take on more than one mission at a time. There's one or two more, but it's not too serious other than those few. Still was a great game to add to the series.

The time is upon us...

>tfw somebody insults your hair Sir Sivelos's Avatar
    Ufufufufu...

My Tumblr!
    Paired with Icy (Wander)
    Spoiler:

Fufufufufu...

VPP

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    It was worth it to ask for sure. More accurate the better spending that kind of money for it.
    So I inquired further and asked for more pictures. And... long story short, it's a knock-off. The one they can make doesn't look horrible, but it's not all that great and doesn't look as good as the official ones they feature in the Pikachu Festival. Plus there's obvious signs it's a knock off, such as the start of Pikachu's tail being black instead of brown. The guy said he could make it look like the official ones, but... eh, hate to say it, but I don't quite trust him. Why not just make them look right from the start? It just seems fishy, especially since they're showing pictures of the ones from the festival when that's not what they make. So... no deal. I'm not dropping a few hundred bucks on this unless it's the real thing, and this just isn't.

With Gates, I think the text speed is fine. I don't miss the monster houses to be honest, and it's actually hard to notice they took away hunger. If they bring those things back in PSMD, cool, but I wouldn't miss them if they didn't. But yeah, not being able to pick multiple missions all in the same dungeon is the real killer, because I did that constantly to rake in maximum rewards and still be efficient with time.

Administrator

Yeah knock offs aren't really worth the money unless there's something really special about it.

Text speed is bareable. I just wish there was an option to speed it up. The lack of gender choice ruined it for a lot of people. It didn't really matter to me, but it's good to see it returning in PSMD. As for the hunger and monster houses I enjoyed both, but wouldn't miss the hunger part since short dungeons means there's no reason to worry about the hunger in the first place. Both are back in the new one for sure so it's all welcoming to me. Monster houses were fun and easy to me (unless there was a volt absorb or lightning rod Pokemon in the group). Being a Pikachu with discharge has its perks.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I've often felt I should try something other than Pikachu, but in the end, I'm like... ah, Pikachu is just more fun. And Discharge is fantastic.

In other good news, the Mad Max game comes out tomorrow, so I'm going to have to struggle when it comes to deciding to play that or Gates. Now if only they could just combine the two and have Pokemon in a post-apocalyptic world with gritty fighting and hulking cars and trucks. Oh, that would be bliss.