Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fall Anime 2015

Fall Anime 2015

Here you can discuss Fall Anime, and make recommendations. If you feel that the anime is popular enough to warrant its own thread then you may create one for that. (i.e. Owari no Seraph may make use of its own thread because we are now on season 2 and it's fairly popular for both an anime and manga!).

What is everyone watching? What have you dropped and why? What has met your expectations or gone beyond them? Can't wait to see your thoughts <3

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

I'm watching so many anime shows I don't know how I'm going to keep up with them all lol:

Heavy Object - first episode was alright but it got so good during episode 2 and so forth. It's quite hilarious and I'm enjoying it. If you like mecha then you might like this show.
    Haikyuu season 2: So much love I died the first episode!
    K Project season 2: Obsessing over this besides Heavy Object <3. You have to watch the movie first to understand what's going on. I didn't until like half way through episode 1.
    Comet Lucifer: Too cute I just love it.
    Owari No Seraph season 2: Enough said Yoichi Saotome <3.
    High School Star Musical: I don't know why I'm still watching it maybe for the character design. It's just really awkward lol.
    Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou So funny you guys need to watch this!
    Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru: For some reason I really enjoy this mystery anime show.

I still need to watch Noragami season 2.

すべてがFになる (Subete ga F ni Naru) is the only anime I'm watching this Fall. It's an adaptation from a mystery novel released in 1996. I don't believe the novel has been translated into English, sadly. :[

Senior Administrator

I'm not even done with all the Summer anime! asdfsdflfasdfa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    anime? ;w;
    I have no idea...
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Homura View Post
    anime? ;w;
    I have no idea...
    Tell us what manga we should be reading so us losers can get in with the cool kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
    すべてがFになる (Subete ga F ni Naru) is the only anime I'm watching this Fall. It's an adaptation from a mystery novel released in 1996. I don't believe the novel has been translated into English, sadly. :[
    I tried watching that one and disliked it because it was so intensely serious. I like Beautiful Bones a lot more! Maybe check that one out if you enjoy mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Homura View Post
    anime? ;w;
    I have no idea...
    I want to read Nogi Wakaba wa Yusha de Aru because there's a really cute girl in it. <3

Senior Administrator

Okay, I took the time to watch the first episodes of Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk.

Did anyone else think the two episodes were extremely similar and/or formulaic? Also the whole accidental pervert thing is getting really old.

Administrator

Haven't heard this. I'm pretty big fan of the mystery series. Only one I've really gotten into though is Detective Conan. Stuck with it ever since I first watched it back in 05. Completely caught up in the manga now, though Viz seems to want all fan translations to go away sadly.

Tell us what manga we should be reading so us losers can get in with the cool kids!
    One Piece is the only one I read now. I do need more tbh.

I need to have a look at the list for this fall. Whenever I get some free time I definitely want to check out some new anime (or returning series for their new season).

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    Okay, I took the time to watch the first episodes of Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk.

Did anyone else think the two episodes were extremely similar and/or formulaic? Also the whole accidental pervert thing is getting really old.
    I am only watching Asterisk out of the two. BUT moving forward in order for you to enjoy it you have to be accepting of the fact that it won't break any records, it won't be ground breaking with new plot devices and character development, and it won't drop the anime tropes we know and love (do we love them?). The anime is fun to watch because it's colourful, the characters are cute (except Claudia), and it's a mix of silly and MC power! It also has harem aspects so if you hate the accidental pervert thing then brace yourself.

If you want a (possibly) ground breaking anime then you're best bet from this season is Beautiful Bones imo. It has a bit of our beloved anime tropes, but it's lining itself up for a ton of character development, it's got neat animation, and the characters are simple yet cute as well. It's a mystery though so you have to be interested in that genre to enjoy!