Thread: YouTube

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

YouTube

Do you have a YouTube account? Do you upload to it often? What sort of content to you upload? And how often?

Whilst I have a YouTube Channel, I hardly ever post to it. However I coordinate my Youth Groups channel, and upload new content weekly during school terms. We make videos to promote what is happening next term. We usually try to do a news format, but end up getting into some misadventure.

This is my favorite one so far.

Administrator

errrrrrr......Yes and no. I use it to keep track of liked videos, videos I watch and wanna keep track of. I have uploaded a few videos just as testers for Super Smash Bros WiiU. I have had plans for years now to try and start something up on YT, but never got around to it. Maybe I will someday soon enough.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

I put some videos up when I was younger... They are unlisted now... For good reason...... I tried doing lets plays when I was way too young to actually do them any good. I'm tempted to go watch them again just to see how bad they were. Because really, they were so terrible. I'd love to try again, but I think I'm too shy to ever be good at it.

EDIT: I just went back and started watching the first episode of my skyrim LP... Dear lord it is awful. And I sound so young at the time.

Senior Moderator

I used to be fairly active on YouTube, but stopped posting when they forced you to get a Google+ account to post and comment

Yeah--I'm in the camp of over saturated gaming videos. I try to keep it family friendly, since my kids (5 boys), all under the age of 10 watch it on occasion; and my parents who take care of foster kids let them watch my content.

The market is pretty rough out there if you're interested in a YouTube Channel, some forms of content are easier to break into than others, but for the most part, the initial push seems to be the biggest hurdle.

Here's my channel. (unless I derped and it's in my signature)

Sensei Pong

I do almost all video game material from Let's Plays, Reviews, Sketches, Analysis, and am trying to softly tap into a free audio book market of writing Video Game Bedtime Stories.

I'm no big YouTuber by any means, and am for the most part completely obscure. I think my trollish nature sets people off.

I'd like to think some people out there really enjoy my content, seeing that I've got a small group of regular viewers.
    Straight from the obscure corners of Youtube!!! Redlark's (aka. Sensei Pong's)...

Pokemon Emerald: Nuzlocke Challenge!!!
    (now in HI-FI... not really)

What?... I also do fanfics? Sweet!
    Pika Pika Picnic - [Comedy] [PG-13: Crude Humor] - Completed