Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

(We were going to have him take a lot longer but the pacing of the RP is so slow right now that I made the executive decision to have him get there much quicker. We can say a wind superhuman carried him or he has fighter jets at his disposal. Whichever floats your boat.

Also AWA, Madder is outside on the streets, not inside a building.)

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    United Nations
    Affected RP'ers: @AWA1997 and @Morzone

"Which one is closer?" Elisabeth asked. "It's more efficient to go to the closest one first." Elisabeth looked through the files, spotting that Araxie's house was in Assisi, Italy. At Dagan's comment, she glared at him. "Sounds perfect. Like me."

Kora Lolita
    Shadows Mage
    On Vacation with Kritana
    Affected RPers: @AWA1997

"Is she bothering you?" Kora asked, having noticed the water mage as well. "If she is, I can dispose of her. I don't want her interrupting our relaxation time."

Araxie Scripture
    Writer Mage
    Rowan's Home
    Affected RP'ers: @Morzone

"Okay. Do you have everything? Once we leave, I don't think it's safe for us to return," Araxie said, taking her bag and scanning the area.

Madder Hatter
    ??? Mage
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Affected RPers: N/A

Madder was about to begin his next story, some of the cards on the table lifting up into the air to be part of the next story. But as Madder began to shape the story with is mind, a cold crushing presence caused his chest to cease up. Madder felt his breath catch in his chest, a suffocating feeling building inside him. All the cards fell to the ground, Madder falling with them. He crashed onto the table, breaking it. Several people came to help him up. Madder rubbed his head and smiled.

"I apologize. It seems my magic has decided to stop working. And I only got to tell you one story as well. Perhaps if I move to another location, the magic may return. You all know how mysterious New Orleans can be. Perhaps my magic has decided to embrace the city." Laughter rippled across the crowd. Madder picked up his hat and dusted it off before placing it back on his head. He picked up his staff. "I do implore you go about your day, but if you do happen to see me again somewhere else, do stop by so I can continue to tell you stories. It's my passion after all." With that, Madder began to walk down the street. His pulse was racing, a cold sweat breaking out across his body. It was a Blocker! Madder should have known this universe would have had one too, since he had realized some time ago that mages existed here too. Still, it was just his luck. He was about to tell one of his favorite stories too! No matter. He just had to hope that the Blocker didn't follow him so he could continue his show. Pain emanated from his head, back, and right leg from his fall. He was obviously injured, though he acted like he wasn't, and needed to escape the Blocker's range in order to heal.

'Kill them. The Blocker is a threat. They always have been.' Madder grimaced. Great. Just what he needed. Perfect timing for the voices to start up their old chanting. 'No one loves you. They just act like they do. Quit this illusion, Madder, and show them who you really are.' Madder took a deep breath and exhaled. It was not a facade or an illusion. This is who he was. He was not that monster.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

(Oops, my bad, but either way, he was hiding in the back.)

Alex James
    Blocker
    New Orleans
    Affected RPers @Noblejanobii

Alex watched as Madder's performance fell apart right when he arrived. He called in the news van and police officers he had prepared just in case. The news van pulled up beside him and he began to make a live broadcast to the world. Alex came on to the television. "Hello world, this is the Blocker coming from New Orleans where we have just found another Mage. He was performing a magic show that stopped immediately when I showed up. He pointed to Madder and the cameras followed. "That man right there. I have already called in the police and he will be arrested momentarily." As he said that, the police sirens sounded and their cars came into view.

Dagan Dimitris
    Earth Superhuman
    New York
    Affected RPers: @Noblejanobii @Morzone

"At least there's one thing we can agree on." Dagan said.

Kritana Sephtis
    Death Mage
    On vacation with Kora
    Affected RPers: @Noblejanobii @Awasfriend

"No, she's not bothering me." Kritana said. "Just wasn't expecting to see another Mage while we were here. It's a big world, so I thought they'd all be thousands of miles away."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

(IT BEGINS! Mwhaha!)

Madder Hatter
    ??? Mage
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Affected RPers: N/A

Madder heard the gasps from the crowd and looked over his shoulder. The looks of fascination and wonder were now replaced by horror and fear. It was just like when he had taken so many lives back in his universe. Madder dropped his staff, the item clattering to the ground as his hands trembled. He backed away slowly, not wanting to believe this. What was wrong with being a mage? He hadn't hurt anyone had he? He just wanted to have some fun!

"No! Please! I-I don't understand. I just wanted to tell stories!" Just then the police sirens began to draw near and Madder knew it was no use. He quickly spun on his heels and took off in a sprint. He turned off the street, heading back towards the entryway to the Underworld. His underworld. They couldn't follow him there! Probably. Madder wasn't sure to be honest but he couldn't stay here. The voices were too loud. They were screaming for blood and vengeance. They wanted him to embrace the monster. He couldn't do that. He couldn't validate those looks of pure horror the people had given him. Not again.

Madder ducked and weaved through crowds of people, purposely taking streets that would be difficult for cars. If he could make it to Jackson Square then he could make it to the portal. Madder could hear the sirens behind him as he dashed down St. Ann Street. Out of the corner of his eye, Madder spotted the steeple of the St. Louis Cathedral. He didn't have time to admire it now though. Or stop by Cafe Du Monde. This world's blocker sure was rude. Madder spotted the street sign for Decatur Street and immediately turned right to get to Jackson Street. Good. Now came the easy part. He was out of the Blocker's range. He could feel it. Madder slipped a card into his hand then threw it at one of the waiting horse carriages. It collided with the mechanisms holding a black horse in place.

"By the order of The Chariot, come to me my steed!" Madder cried. The horse neighed loudly and suddenly all that held it to the carriage snapped. The black horse ran over to Madder. Madder mounted it right as two police cars turned onto the road, with several policemen on horseback not too far behind. "Forward!" Madder commanded, holding to the stallion's mane. The black horse was off like a bolt of lightning, down Decatur Street towards the House of Blues. However, before they could reach the House of Blues, Madder turned the horse down a small almost hidden alleyway. It was a dead end to anyone who was not Madder. He dismounted as he reached the end and bolted for the wall. However, instead of going through it, like usual, he slammed straight into it. Madder felt panic cease his heart.

"N-No. This can't be!" Madder began to desperately feel all over the wall. "It has to be here!" He was trapped! They were going to catch him! Madder clutched his head as tears rose in his eyes, the voices overwhelming all his thoughts. 'EMBRACE US! LET US OUT! THEY WON'T CATCH YOU IF WE GUIDE YOUR HANDS!' "No! Leave me alone! I can't do that again! I won't do that again. I made a mistake!"

"You there! Freeze!" Madder looked up, pressing his back against the wall as the police approached. "Put your hands in the air where we can see them!" Madder shook his head. "I said put your hands in the air!" Madder shook his head again, more vigorously this time. If he let go, they were all dead. He was barely maintaining control now. Without warning, another officer fired his taser at Madder. White hot pained coursed through Madder's body as he screamed. That was the last straw. Madder collapsed to his knees, hands lip by his sides. He was silent for a moment, deathly still, before a smile spread across his face. The smile of a serial killer. His head snapped up sharply and tilted to the side. "Well hello there, ladies and gentlemen, are you ready for the real show to start?"

Meanwhile in another universe...

Four people sat a table in the Underworld of another universe. One wore a white newsies cap, a black tank top, and some long blue jeans with white boots. She stared intently at the cards in her hand, strategizing against her opponents in this intense game of cards. One such opponent was her son, wearing a black fedora with an orange stripe across it. He was wearing a black t-shirt with a matching hoodie. He watched his mother carefully, judging her expression before looking back at his own cards. Madeline had started to get serious, it appeared. Suddenly, both their concentrations were interrupted when a scream erupted from the throat of someone else in Elysium.

"Madness hands!" Madeline and her son's heads snapped up, looking to the sky where two white gloved hands began to descend towards the mage sanctuary. Madeline began to hyperventilate, flashes of suppressed memories from the last time she had been summoned returning all at once. Her eyes were distant and unfocused, but Maddox was not about to let his mother suffer again.

"Mom!" he shouted, "Mom!" Madeline looked at Maddox and squeaked out,

"She's snapped. Maddie's snapped. They're coming for me. They're coming for me!" Maddox grabbed his mother roughly by the shoulders and pulled her from her seat.

"There's no time to panic, Mom! We have to get you out of the underworld." Maddox looked up again. It seemed like he wasn't being summoned. The other hand had to be after Madder. That could be dangerous, but he didn't have time to save them both. Holding his mother close, Maddox began to make a run for the gates to Elysium. There was a loud crash as the first hand collided with the ground where Maddox and Madeline had been playing cards not too long ago.

"All mages! Hear me!" Maddox looked over to see Terra, the original earth mage, leading several other mages. "Protect the madness mages at all costs! Those hands are not to reach Madeline or Madder! Understand me?"

"Yes ma'am!" the mages shouted back. Terra stomped the ground and a large wall of earth ripped through Elysium, blocking one hand from view. Several other mages, fire, ice, water, and even magnetism went on the offensive, trying to stall or destroy the two hands. Maddox couldn't waste their efforts, the gate not too far ahead. He forced himself to go faster. If they could escape Elysium then they would gain somewhat of a lead on the hands. And then he heard it.

"The hand got through the blockade! Maddox! Watch out!" Maddox looked over his shoulder to see one of the hands headed straight for him. There was no escaping it. He grimaced.

"I'm sorry, Mom." Madeline lifted her head a little, coming out of her daze slightly.

"What? Maddox?" Before it could dawn on her what her son was about to do, Maddox threw his mother forward, sending her through the gate and into the mortal realm of the underworld. "Maddox!" she screamed as the hand grabbed hold of him. Maddox put up no resistance, knowing it was too late now. He could hear the screams of his mother and the shouts from other mages as they tried to hold off the other hand. Maddox was lifted up, slowly being taken to the location of the summoner. He began to wonder if, because he was not pure madness mage, this might not affect him. However, as soon as the thought crossed his mind, a shock went up his spine. His thoughts began to twist and his morality was lost. All that consumed him now was the thirst for blood. Maddox began to laugh, a twisted smile on his face as the second hand broke through. It shot forward like a bullet, snatching up Madeline without any difficulty. And then everything went white.

At the same time, in Walt Disney World, a girl named Maddie Hatter was having tea with the current Magnetism mage, Dennis Masher. The two were enjoying quite the lovely conversation about tea and the current events of the world when suddenly, Maddie just vanished, there one second and gone the next. Dennis stared at the air for a split second before reacting to catch Maddie's tea cup. He sighed with relief and placed it on the saucer, but frowned. Something was up. And it was not good.

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    United Nations

"What? Me being perfect? I know. Glad to see others acknowledge it," Elisabeth replied smoothly. Suddenly, her phone began to ring. She pulled it from her pocket and answered, "Hello?" She frowned at the voice on the other end. "No I was just in a meeting with him." Elisabeth looked at the other two before saying, "He found one? And it... what? Oh my. Yes sir, I will make the suggestion. Thank you." Elisabeth closed her phone and smiled devilishly at her fellows. "Well, boys, I think we should somewhere that's broadcasting the news. You're going to want to see this."

Kora Lolita
    Shadows Mage
    On Vacation with Kritana

"Yes I understand," Kora replied softly with a smile. Good. No threat to their vacation here. It was going to be a very peaceful day. Kora could tell. Nothing could ruin this moment at all. Absolutely nothing. "If there's anything bothering you, just let me know, okay, Kritana?" Kora added with a squeeze of her hand.
    / / / / / / / /

(Ah yes, the anime-plot-device-plane. How could I forget XD)

Rowan summers
    Music Mage
    His home on US atlantic seaboard.
    Affected RP'ers:
    @Noblejanobii

Rowan thumbed through the contents in his bag. Clothes, food, money, passport, Some paper and pencil...

"Just one things..." Rowan muttered, disappearing into a side room. The room was large and full of every instrument imaginable, from the kazoo to a tuba to an electric violin made from a baseball bat. He dug through a cupboard until he pulled out a small-ish, dusty wooden box. Opening it, he took from inside a and carved wooden flute, which he tucked carefully inside his pockets. He might be able to summon any instrument for him to play at will, but something about the flute had always felt special to him.

Coming back over to Araxie he told her, "Alright, I have everything."

Marx Hunfry
    Fire mage (posing as superhuman)
    New York Times Square
    Affected RP'ers:
    @AWA1997, NobleJanobii

Marx smiled excitedly. "Sounds like you heard something interesting~" He said. Sticking his thumb over his shoulder at the many giant television screens that New York Times Square was famous for he said, "Maybe one of those could tell us."

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Araxie Scripture
    Writer Mage
    Rowan's Home

Araxie waited patiently as Rowan picked out what he wanted to bring along. She ran through her head everything she thought she would need as she waited patiently. When he returned, Araxie smiled at Rowan and held out her hand. "Well, then, let us head to my home."

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    United Nations

Elisabeth scanned the jumbotron boards before spotting one that was broadcasting exactly what she wanted. Elisabeth smiled and gestured to it, a news reporter on screen with subtitles at the bottom.

"It seems the Mages have gone on the offensive officially. Just minutes ago, another mage was spotted posing as a street performer in New Orleans. Upon being exposed, the young man fled, where police pursued him from Bourbon Street to an alleyway just down the road from Jackson Square. The mage was cornered and attacked by a policeman with a taser, when suddenly, everything went berserk. All five officers that cornered him are now dead, each with carvings covering their bodies. In addition, several civilians have been taken out, but the mage is nowhere to be found." The woman paused then said, "I am now receiving word that another mage has been spotted in Scotland. Stay tuned as we inform you of these developments."
    / / / / / / / /

Rowan summers
    Music Mage
    His home on US atlantic seaboard -> Araxie's home, Assissi, Italy
    Affected RP'ers: @Noblejanobii

"Alright." Rowan agreed. For a moment he imagined the two of them holding hands as they warped together, but he quickly pushed the image away. Twisting his Ring, Rowan vanished and suddenly reappeared outside the door of Araxie's home in Italy.

Marx Hunfry
    New York Times Square
    Affected RP'ers: @AWA1997, NobleJanobii

Marx whistled appreciatively.

"Found two mages already huh? Bet it's the blocker. That guy sure doesn't waste time does he?"

He looked between the other two then addressed Elizabeth. "Well? Which one's the blocker at? I'm claiming whichever one he isn't with."

VPP

Kritana Sephtis
    Death Mage
    On vacation with Kora
    Affected RPers: @Noblejanobii @Awasfriend

"Alright I'll let you kn-" Kritana stopped suddenly, his eyes going wide as he sat up and grabbed his chest. "S-so many... early deaths..." he said. "Get- Get me to the underworld. S-something's gone horribly wrong..." he added, ignoring the pain in his chest as he spoke, but collapsing immediately after.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Araxie Scripture
    Writer Mage
    Rowan's Home

Araxie stared at her quaint home in silence for a moment, taking it in as if it were the last time she'd ever see it, since it might actually be. Araxie looked over at Rowan with a somewhat sad look on her face before she went up and unlocked the door, leading Rowan inside.

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    United Nations

"Another one in Scotland? These Mages don't waste time it seems," Elisabeth commented with a smile. "They did not mention the Scotland Mage over the phone meaning the blocker is in New Orleans. Shall we head to Scotland then?" she asked.

Kora Lolita
    Shadows Mage
    On Vacation with Kritana

"Kritana!" Kora shrieked as he collapsed, obviously in the middle of having a heart attack. Screw blowing their cover, Kritana's health was more important. She grabbed her back and scrambled through it before locating her pen. It was enchanted with the blood of multiple Mages for different abilities, one such being space. She clicked the cap and the two of them were suddenly in the underworld.
    / / / / / / / /

Rowan summers
    Music Mage
    His home on US atlantic seaboard.
    Affected RP'ers: @Noblejanobii

Rowan followed Araxie into her home. He'd been here before, and had seen all of her writing materials many times over by now. As he entered, he let his eyes wander around, partially to look for new details and partially to take in the place for what could be the last time.

Marx Hunfry
    New York Times Square
    Affected RP'ers: @AWA1997, NobleJanobii

"Scotland it is!" Marx cried happily. He pulled out of his pocket a phone, which he then tucked into a shirt pocket. "Stupid things not fireproofed yet. I'm going straight there, go find out exactly where this mage is and give me a call. Hate to break up the gang, but I think I'm done waiting."

Taking a few steps, Marx made a running jump into the air, and his lower body exploded into flame. Now with nothing but his torso and upper body visible, the flames propelled him high into the air, at which point he stopped and abruptly shot off Due east.

VPP

Kritana Sephtis
    Death Mage
    On vacation with Kora
    Affected RPers: @Noblejanobii

Shortly after he collapsed, Kritana's body glowed slightly as the magic that kept him immortal kicked in, it then began recovering from the heart attack, his heart pumping and his breathing stabilizing. But he didn't stir and his pulse showed that he was still under a lot of stress.

As soon as they arrived in the underworld, the man that Kritana left in control ran over to them. He saw the unconscious Kritana and looked up. "M-miss Lolita, please tell me he isn't one of the people who just died." he said, gesturing to a large mob of people. Usually the lines in the underworld were fairly short, but these lines were nowhere near that short, were growing quickly, and it seemed like almost none of them were supposed to be dead as they were ushered to the side where the people who had discrepancies in their time and method of death were always taken to wait for Kritana to work out what happened. "We don't have another major disaster scheduled for weeks, and we just got flooded with people who shouldn't be dead."