Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    @Trainer17: Considering he easily makes well over 3200 G a performance you can expect to get anywhere from 400-800 G, sometimes more if he is performing for royalty, nobility, or a very generous crowd
    Time to meet Brock for instant gold!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

Senior Moderator

@Trainer17: He will give you guys your share of the tips as he finishes each performance.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Here's to hoping he ends the performance soon :3 oh and Em, do our moves level up as well? Like they grow stronger depending on how many times we use? And creating new moves but only usable after your approval? Of course we will post the details here xD

Senior Moderator

@AWA1997; @Morzone; @Trainer17; @Chakramaster;

(by no means complete!)

The lore of Mikawa is often filled with long, epic adventures filled with magic (often invoked by song), trickster tales, pour quoi tales and more, but like all folkloric traditions, some mythological characters in the real Pokeworld also appear in its fantasy counterpart, as well as having characters of its own.

In addition to Kitsune, the wily Delphox who also serves as an envoy to Arceus, Darkrai, the nightmare Pokemon, and Kanade the warrior priestess, here are some uniquely Mikawan characters:

--Tanooki, the crafty raccoon dog that serves as the trickster. Unlike Kitsune, whose tricks serve to help, Tanooki's tricks can either help or hurt

--Jeran, the Jack/Ivan counterpart in this world. If he is already a prince, he is sometimes called Jestin.

--A common name for a hero is Dalon, but Jestin, Halian, and Marten are other common choices.

--Kyogre is sometimes depicted as the mother of Manaphy in addition to the rival of Groudon. While usually benevolent, she can depicted as evil.

--Meloetta, the Guardian of Song, the three birds Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres, and the Beasts Raikou, Entei, and Suicune also make appearances.

--Marla is the most common name for a heroine in a tale, but other common names include Miki, Cherida, Tavia, or Raia

--Resen is the treacherous and cowardly knight counterpart in Mikara, often in the form of a noble or a knight

--Satomi the Wise, an incarnation of the evening star renowned for her wisdom and magical skill. In many tales, she grants magical items or aid, but some tales show someone trying to win her love.

Cultural notes:

Calling someone a demon is the ultimate expression of contempt in Mikawa, and usually reserved for the very worst of people.

"pure as Magearna" means "as white as a ghost" in Mikawa

If something was obtained at the cost of a person or Pokemon's life, it is said to "come with a blood price."

One recurring theme in Mikawan tales is that those we think as evil may actually be good, and those we think as good may not actually be good--in other words, people and things are not always what they seem to be.

Peeping toms and other purveyors of unwanted romantic overtures are called Toxicroaks in Mikawa.

"beyond thirty nine lands to the fortieth realm"--an unspecified location far away.

"Tell that to the Fletchlings"--I don't believe you.

The Diamond of Wishes is a legendary artifact said to grant all the holder's wishes. Whether or not it really exists is a matter of debate to Mikawan scholars, but the phrase "gone to seek the Diamond of Wishes" means to attempt an impossible task or a fool's errand.

Toran and Anika are common Growlithe and Meowth names in Mikawa, not unlike how a dog is named Fido and a cat is named Fluffy on Earth.

It is a custom at Mikawan weddings for the guests to give Berries to the bride's family, as a blessing for a fruitful union.

When someone in Mikawa goes to seek their fortune, they are said to go on a journey of fortune.

"The wedding festivities lasted for (x) months, at least, and every night of celebration was better than the night before." A common version of "And they all lived happily ever after" in Mikawa, especially in Argenta.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
    Here's to hoping he ends the performance soon :3 oh and Em, do our moves level up as well? Like they grow stronger depending on how many times we use? And creating new moves but only usable after your approval? Of course we will post the details here xD

I was thinking the same thing, but once I learned there will be new tier class for skills I think that would make leveling skills up obsolete.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Moderator

@Trainer17; @Chakramaster; Some skills do in fact, evolve and change their appearance, but the vast majority you must learn the next tier up.

An example of an evolving skill is the mid level earth spell Dancing Leaves. Over time, it evolves into Dancing Sakura, and then Dancing Roses. However, your basic elemental spells (Fire, Ice, Lightning, etc.) do not evolve

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    @Trainer17; @Chakramaster; Some skills do in fact, evolve and change their appearance, but the vast majority you must learn the next tier up.

An example of an evolving skill is the mid level earth spell Dancing Leaves. Over time, it evolves into Dancing Sakura, and then Dancing Roses. However, your basic elemental spells (Fire, Ice, Lightning, etc.) do not evolve
    Ah. Alrighty. Just let us know which ones evolve so that we can edit the names accordingly :)

Senior Moderator

@Trainer17: You'll know if a skill evolves if I give you its evolution path in the skill list

Senior Moderator

When a Pokemon speaks to you, all your character hears is "Pika pika torchic tor", but for your convenience as a player, [anything that looks like this is translated Pokemon speech]

Senior Moderator

Chess in Mikawa is actually based more on Othello than the game of chess on Earth--the object of the game is to fill the entire board with your color orbs.

Up to four people can play (taking the colors of red, blue, yellow, and green in that order).

Unlike Othello, you only start with one piece in the corner and begin working downward (if you are player 1) Player 2, 3, and 4 can either work upward or from the sides

Once a player encounters a rival's pieces, the pieces surrounding the player's piece will turn to the player's color. Of course, your rivals can also turn your pieces to theirs. It is advantageous to move into an area surrounded by rival pieces, so you can get nine pieces in one go.

A player that runs out of pieces is out of the game, and the game continues until one person has taken over the entire board (which is larger than a typical chess board).

It is also possible to play with eight colors, but this is only done at large gatherings and tournaments.