Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Gaster View Post
    As I said earlier, including myself there are five that I am aware of that are resistant enough to the timelines that they may remember me. Three of the other four others wouldn't be much help, with one being completely or practically soulless, one that hasn't made it here yet in this timeline, and one that is dead but can manifest by possessing the second one, and the first and third neither one would be any help, much rather toying with the timeline than helping anyone. The last person doesn't seem to remember me after I vanish, so while he'd remember the other three after a reset, I don't think he remembers me.
    You're just such a downer. Maybe if you mustered some passion Undyne would be more willing to help.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Alphys View Post
    You're just such a downer. Maybe if you mustered some passion Undyne would be more willing to help.
    *both eyes begin glowing brightly* Don't you think I would've tried that if it worked! I had a good life! I had a good job! I had a good family! I want it all back! I have since the day I fell in! You know why I'm such a downer? I've given up! I've been stuck in the void since before you became the royal scientist, and I know every reset we've been through since! This effectively makes me the oldest monster alive! And I've spent most of that time trying to get out with help from everyone I knew who is still alive! You, Undyne, Sans, Papyrus, the King and the Queen, even Gerson when I thought that maybe he knew something! Through all of the resets, none of you have been able to do anything! That's why I'm a downer and why I gave up! I could even tell you everything you and anyone else tried to do and almost every reason why those tries failed! The only reason I don't is because it will take up too much of my time to list them all and you'll forget IMMEDIATELY after. I should know, I tried that, too.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

*both eyes begin glowing brightly* Don't you think I would've tried that if it worked! I had a good life! I had a good job! I had a good family! I want it all back! I have since the day I fell in! You know why I'm such a downer? I've given up! I've been stuck in the void since before you became the royal scientist, and I know every reset we've been through since! This effectively makes me the oldest monster alive! And I've spent most of that time trying to get out with help from everyone I knew who is still alive! You, Undyne, Sans, Papyrus, the King and the Queen, even Gerson when I thought that maybe he knew something! Through all of the resets, none of you have been able to do anything! That's why I'm a downer and why I gave up! I could even tell you everything you and anyone else tried to do and almost every reason why those tries failed! The only reason I don't is because it will take up too much of my time to list them all and you'll forget IMMEDIATELY after. I should know, I tried that, too.
    Then why not guide us? Each trial and error has got to be worth something. You as a scientist should know that. Isn't the saying, I haven't failed, I've just found a thousand ways that didn't work? I'm sure that applies here too, Gaster.
    / / / / / / / /

Then why not guide us? Each trial and error has got to be worth something. You as a scientist should know that. Isn't the saying, I haven't failed, I've just found a thousand ways that didn't work? I'm sure that applies here too, Gaster.
    True, but there's also a point where you have to realize that what you are trying to do is not far enough within the realm of possibility yet to pursue it. The timeline jumping sets us back a lot, and since I actually can't do my own research anymore, you would have to extend your research further than both of us ever had before, probably in less time too. My research could be done at a leisurely pace, and to a degree so could yours, but this is a race against the clock and neither of us is prepared for that.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Oh well practice up. Even that last attack is insanely hard. It's harder to circle around, dodging those lasers than you may think....and that...THAT last move dies soooooo much damage if you even screw up so much as once. You really have to be lucky.

I still don't mind streaming it for whoever may want to watch that may be struggling.

Totally! Go for it if you want! If I see anything in your recording I can help give you tips on I'd be glad to help! Plus, in the off chance you win during the recording...we allllll get to see your reaction to the end xD
    I tried recording, but for some reason, Bandicam doesn't work at all when I put the game on full screen. All I get is white, although I do get audio. It also tried to create a 42GB video before, which is just insane. o.O And... I think that means it's time to find a better game recorder. What do you tend to use for game recording, because I haven't been happy with Bandicam at all lately.

I did get up to the Pinwheel of Doom, but... eh heh... got fried by it. And that sucks, because I didn't have very much to go after that. >.<

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I tried recording, but for some reason, Bandicam doesn't work at all when I put the game on full screen. All I get is white, although I do get audio. It also tried to create a 42GB video before, which is just insane. o.O And... I think that means it's time to find a better game recorder. What do you tend to use for game recording, because I haven't been happy with Bandicam at all lately.

I did get up to the Pinwheel of Doom, but... eh heh... got fried by it. And that sucks, because I didn't have very much to go after that. >.<
    I use OBS, but the one Gemma and Xanthe use I've heard is better. Yeah same with OBS though. You gotta play in windowed mode (or border less window if the game has that mode). Be sure the quality or fps of the video is set out right. That's how my first recoding with Gemma messed up so bad. Recording Undertale honestly around 30 fps should be fine. 60 or higher would make the memory cost way higher. The recording I did with Gemma was about what you had. Somewhere close to 30-40gb of data.

Practice practice practice on that part. It's incredibly harder than it looks. Stick close to it, but move more down or up if it starts getting closer. If it gets too close and you have hp to spare stop for ONLY a moment to let it pass then move back at your pattern to avoid standing at the same pace taking tons more damage by trying to avoid it.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I use OBS, but the one Gemma and Xanthe use I've heard is better. Yeah same with OBS though. You gotta play in windowed mode (or border less window if the game has that mode). Be sure the quality or fps of the video is set out right. That's how my first recoding with Gemma messed up so bad. Recording Undertale honestly around 30 fps should be fine. 60 or higher would make the memory cost way higher. The recording I did with Gemma was about what you had. Somewhere close to 30-40gb of data.

Practice practice practice on that part. It's incredibly harder than it looks. Stick close to it, but move more down or up if it starts getting closer. If it gets too close and you have hp to spare stop for ONLY a moment to let it pass then move back at your pattern to avoid standing at the same pace taking tons more damage by trying to avoid it.
    Okay, that makes sense with the windowed mode stuff. I'll try that next time.

Yeah, one of these times I'm going to pull it off. I've probably gotten busted on this 50 times by now, but I keep getting closer to the end. And despite all this, I can't hate Sans. He's still funny and crazy and he's just doing his job.

8. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Yeah most recording software doesn't capture the full screen because the recording software is set to record a window. In full screen your screen is white or black, but you see the main game on your end. In windowed mode or borderless window you literally keep the game set to a window (you can't even tell a difference between full screen or borderless window.

Yeah it took many many tries for me too, but once I had it down. Normally I could make it to phase 2 without getting hit. The end varied depending on how I reacted. The time I won I had 60 something hp left for his last move. Ended with 12hp too. Yeah Sans is too awesome to hate. Even after all you did, you just...can't hate him. Reminds me of one ending in the inFamous games (inFamous 2).

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

True, but there's also a point where you have to realize that what you are trying to do is not far enough within the realm of possibility yet to pursue it. The timeline jumping sets us back a lot, and since I actually can't do my own research anymore, you would have to extend your research further than both of us ever had before, probably in less time too. My research could be done at a leisurely pace, and to a degree so could yours, but this is a race against the clock and neither of us is prepared for that.
    Grrrr you're just so frustrating! You're like a depressing version of Sans!
    / / / / / / / /

Grrrr you're just so frustrating! You're like a depressing version of Sans!
    Well sorry I can't be all rainbows and butterflies after I've seen everyone I know die time and time again, just to have the timeline skip backwards and start over from the beginning. I'm sorry that I just gave up after watching my entire family be slaughtered one by one and had no way to help. And as for being a depressing version of Sans, I'm glad you can see the family resemblance. And you haven't seen Sans when he was pushed to his limits, because he's worse than me. I guess it runs in my family.