Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Papyrus View Post

Spoiler:
    That's probably the smarter idea anyway, if you follow a guide, they usually contain spoilers of some kind and that's not really the best thing to do on your first playthrough of a game. ESPECIALLY Undertale, which is best when played totally blind. If you are going for true pacifist, you'll know if you've got it after you go through Asgore.
    Unless if it's your first playthrough...because you need to go neutral before you can go true pacifist, yeah? That's what I read, anyway.

2. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Well yeah no matter what you do. Neutral or Pacifist the first playthrough..it will always be Neutral in the end (because some things are locked until you beat it once). You can, however, start the same file back up after you beat it to do the events to unlock the Pacifist from there. @Neo Emolga so once you beat the Neutral just reload your current Dave and grab a guide to find what you missed to unlock the True Pacifist ending. You'll know when you've unlocked it and can head to the end. Trust me

Yeah @Suicune's Fire Xanthe, it's true. You can only get the Neutral on the first time. You can still however, work on the Pacifist so you don't have to replay from start to finish again.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 05-17-2016 at 01:59 PM.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah @Suicune's Fire Xanthe, it's true. You can only get the Neutral on the first time. You can still however, work on the Pacifist so you don't have to replay from start to finish again.
    Oh right. O: I didn't know that. I'm happy to replay the whole thing though. :3 I liked the neutral playthrough. Man, the explanation Sans gives you at the castle is awesome. xD And unexpected. But also sort of expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    just reload your current Dave
    But I lost my Dave. D: He went off on a journey to find his true self.

(Best quote Chakramaster 2016 btw.)

5. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    But I lost my Dave. D: He went off on a journey to find his true self.

(Best quote Chakramaster 2016 btw.)
    Lol I thought about editing the post to fix it...but after your quote it stays xD. Just to be clear for those that don't know what I mean...autocorrect sucks and I meant "Save" xD

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

7. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I did it! I also checked and confirmed with the Wiki that I got the pacifist ending. :)

Thanks for the tip earlier!

Spoiler:
    Holy crap, that boss battle with Flowey is one of the most deranged gaming experiences I've ever dealt with (and I have seen a LOT of weird crap pulled time and time again that messes with the player's mind). And that part where you get kicked out of the game back to your desktop and restart it only to have even MORE screwy things happen was not something I expected either. I first, I thought "crap, probably need to do something different next time" and then that happened, followed by even more crazy stuff.

That ending was great though and you can't help but laugh at the dialogue and goofy jokes the characters throw at each other. Watching Papyrus drive a convertible down the highway with Sans on a motorcycle next to him was priceless. XD

Seriously, thank you all for pushing me to give this game a go. It's been a definite treat. :)

Now I can see why someone told me attempting the Genocide Route means "you're gonna have a bad time."

Unless you've played or seen the genocide route, you do not understand the levels of Bad Time you will experience XD Trust me on that. But go ahead and try the bad time simulator, it'll be a fun (bad) time.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaster View Post
    Unless you've played or seen the genocide route, you do not understand the levels of Bad Time you will experience XD Trust me on that. But go ahead and try the bad time simulator, it'll be a fun (bad) time.
    Don't spoil things, GASTER. xD

@Chakramaster Lel at the Dave thing. I laughed so hard at that.

@Papyrus Hey, I didn't put any specifics, I just said he didn't know the magnitude. I also encouraged him to see what it's like for himself. No spoilers.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaster View Post
    @Papyrus Hey, I didn't put any specifics, I just said he didn't know the magnitude. I also encouraged him to see what it's like for himself. No spoilers.
    I knnnnnnnnnow, not directly, anyway. xD Just sayin'.

Anyway, Neo, PLAY GENOCIDE.

13. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Papyrus View Post

I knnnnnnnnnow, not directly, anyway. xD Just sayin'.

Anyway, Neo, PLAY GENOCIDE.
    Okay, so I decided to read up on the requirements of Genocide runs, what choices need to be made at each step, and got the whole gist of it via the walkthrough explained on the Wikia site.

And...

Spoiler:
    ...holy crap.

It. Freaking. Permanently. Alters. Your. Game.

Yeeeaaaah... I don't know how I feel about that. I liked that True Pacifist ending and doing this kind of thing dumps a permanent turd all over it that you actually have to go through quite a few hoops to pluck it out of your hard drive and off of the Steam cloud. And that whole Chara breaking the fourth wall crap is kinda creepy. I know it's just a simple game and a few devs having some dark fun with their audience, but geez, that's kind of messed up on a number of levels.

As someone that doesn't play evil characters to begin with in RPGs, this is seriously a high-dive plunge into the dark side like never before.

So yeah, if I asked "what would Jesus do," I don't think he'd touch this with a ten foot pole. Thanks but... *shivers* no thanks...