DRAWN ART

Welcome all to the Drawing portion of this year's PXFire Summer competition! I hope you got that creative sense going wild and those pens, pencils, colored pencils, whatever you want to get that drive out! It's going to be a wild one!

Over these next 4 weeks we will be creating art. Anything you can come up with to fit the theme for the event. There will only be 3 challenges. Throughout the current event I may leave small hints to what the next theme will be, but you will get no direct hints ;). So pay attention to any wording.

You may be wondering. "How will I be judged?" Well well well, quick to jump to things I see. Let's get to it!

In each challenge you be be judged on a few things:

Design: In this you will be judged on design. How the character looks. If you can at least make your character look recognizable you will be good to go! Note, it does not HAVE to be a Pokemon. It can be your own human created trainer. If you want to use an OC, please provide a link or picture to this as well including your submission noting each in the submission. You will be judged on how the overall turnout of the sketch, banner, avatar, or whatever you choose to create. The overall appeal, design of it, and character. This challenge is worth up to 25 points.

Theme matches?: Generally when given a theme to go off of, you try and match to it as close as you can. So this is pretty basic right? Yup! Come up with whatever wacky, zanny, amazing ideas you got running through those heads of yours! I'm sure you guys got something amazing to show off! This challenge will be worth up to 25 points.

Additional Along with what you draw, did you add anything extra? One character focuses on something great, but did you add anything to give it more flare somehow? A little extra something to give off that feel to truly match the theme? Well here is your chance! While you do not have to add anything extra to fit this. Even something small such as actual fur or scales to the Pokemon, wind blowing a persons shirt, scarf, whatever is used in the picture. Any kind of effect you can think of even to a small little detail. Did you use any text in the creation? Does it block out important designs? Make sure it fits properly into the design. Small little details. This challenge will be worth up to 25 points.

Creativity: As a last little extra to go with it all. You will be based on your entire creativity on the design. How the character looks, pose, effects, backgrounds. Anything extra you can think of to add to the design will make it all better. Just don't get worried and want to add too much that it ruins your idea. More doesn't always necessarily mean "better." Any additional content you can think of to throw in your design to make it more appealing and fit the theme to show them you really are the BEST! This challenge will be worth up to 25 points.

Please remember to keep to forum rules as for content. If you have any questions please contact me via PM or VM for more information. A last little detail. Not everything needs to be hand-drawn. Things like tablets or computers are okay as well if it is what you are more used to using to "draw" anything. What's important is creating things how you know, not being forced to doing it another way just because it's labeled "drawn art."

Now, unto the the first challenge. For your first challenge, the theme is...

Challenge 1: Summer Heat

Create a design of something related to the heat of summer or keeping cool. Summer gets pretty hot and it also creates some interesting colors, treats, and events. Remember to think creatively on this. If you want to create an idea where you and your team are all involved even better! More creative, the better your submission may turn out.