Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphys View Post
    Lol, no, and I'm ashamed that wasn't my first thought. It's some really obscure mythical creature that I totally was just like "this is a thing?" to.
    XD Ok, I didn't think it would be, just thought you'd get a laugh. And ok, then. I'll be waiting.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Gaster View Post
    XD Ok, I didn't think it would be, just thought you'd get a laugh. And ok, then. I'll be waiting.
    I just came up with a total character complex that made me laugh really hard. I think I'm the only who will find this amusing though.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Everywhere and nowhere. Behind the Fourth Wall and in your very mind.
    Name: Crystal.
    Species: Human.

Description: My avatar has a basic depiction of Crystal on it. His incarnation in this world would just be less blocky. (The blockiness is the artist's drawing style, more or less.) Written description: Crystal is a fairly average-sized male of lightly tanned skin, with black hair. He habitually wears a set of deep purple robes that open at the front to reveal a bright purple undershirt marked with his personal symbol, a half-circle containing a diamond and with fingers extending from it to form a hand. He calls this symbol the Hand of Crystal. He wears dark grey gloves which have the backs of their hands marked with a diamond, to recall that same symbol, a set of faded blue pants held up by a simple loop of leather, and dark grey boots to complete the ensemble. His face near-perpetually carries a slight smirk, an artifact of otherworldly knowledge and a wry wit. A long, thin sword, well-crafted and sharp, is slung under his robes and normally well hidden from sight, and he draws it only for truly dangerous situations. He carries a pouch of small gems, found in various places and none of any particular value. A second pouch, stained on its side with a red mark, holds crystals that he has altered or worked on in some way. He carries a simple wooden wand on the opposite side from his sword, carved with small runes that glow the same purple as his shirt when he casts spells. Notably, this wand is usually used only for effect, and he is free to use his magic without it -- Crystal fully understands the role of theater in the working of magic. He wears a simple pendant with a stylized flame engraved into it, donned when he made his choice to join the Fire Guild.

Personality: Snarky as all hell. He is irreverent, can nearly always find a joke in any given situation, and is free with joking. However, he still fully understands the role of jokes, and can easily shut up and become quite serious if the situation calls for it. Crystal is intelligent, has a nearly unquenchable thirst for knowledge, and is interested in magic and the mystic arts before anything else. It is possible to get him to drop everything he's doing simply by offering to teach him some new trick of magic, whether within the domain of Fire Guild magic or an entirely different domain altogether. Crystal is especially interested in earth and crystal magic, as well as enchantment.

History: As far as is known, nothing. Crystal almost seemed to pop into existence one day, appearing and offering his assistance to the Guilds. No matter how hard anyone tries, they can't find any trace of any previous life.

Guild: Fire Guild. Crystal has a notably deep connection with crystals of all kinds, from the humble quartz to the unmarrable diamond, and leverages that in his spells, leading to his decision to join the Fire Guild. Notably, he can enchant crystals to cause various effects, being somewhat of an overlap with the Wind's themes of enchantment.

-Learning/knowledge. Crystal loves learning of all kinds, although especially magical, and will not hesitate to pursue a snippet of new information until it is reached.
    -Enchanting/preparing. Crystal, when prevented from doing anything else and when not in a situation where he has to hide his magical abilities, will generally grab a couple of crystals from his pouch and see what he can make them do. He is generally the type who loves to overprepare for everything, and, when stymied, will generally search through his red pouch and see what he has. He tends to fortify when settled down.
    -Magic.
    -Crystals.

Dislikes:
    -Anyone who tries to restrict access to magic.
    -Being kept in the dark about anything important.
    -Willful ignorance by anyone about anything.

Other: I know you're there. Yes, all of you. Looking at the screen, reading these words. This is going to be interesting, isn't it? ...Expected so. I figured I'd see how this place looks, maybe pop in, help out in the fight against some oppressors. Magic should be free, and all that. Well. Shall we? I can tell this is going to be fun.

...Heh. Hello there. Not much of a signature, is this? Well, blame the guy who wrote it for not spending much time on here. Alternatively, blame Tazz for introducing him to this place.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Any fantasy race you say... I might sign up for this, but I'm kinda new at RPing. Would that be a problem, or should I wait for a more beginer-oriented RP first?

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
    @Neo Emolga I swear your favorite RP title word is Mandate XD

Spoiler:

Name: Aria-Haizen 'Hazy' or 'A.H.' or even Ah!
    Species: Storm Kyte
    Spoiler:
    Storm Kytes are a species of wyvern with the unique anatomical ability to compact their bodies into a smaller space. Their scales are attached to a secondary hide so this unique skill has the scales overlap while the muscles contract, making their forms smaller, more pudgy and heavily armored though not as agile in flight. Relaxing their bodies allows them to become more slender and 'grow' in size while their scales rest evenly on their thick underhide. Complimented by a unique skeletal structure, they are very flexible when not compacted down. They also have exceptionally powerful throats and can naturally spit acid.

Age: The equivalent of a 22 year old. Actual age is around 67 years. This species can live up to 400+ years.

Description:
    Personality: Aria-Haizen is a being full of spirit and fight. You wouldn't know this creature had witnessed murder unless you asked about the scars on her body. She has a strong sense of resolve and family value, never outing someone in need of help. Though the past has left her far more hesitant to meet anything humanoid, she often warms up to other creatures fairly quickly. As Storm Kytes usually are, Aria has a capacity for extreme gentleness, though can be incredibly destructive when provoked in the right way. Luckily an even temperament keeps any erratic behavior in check. She is patient and willing to learn, especially when she has a personal need to fulfill. Some may contest that the wyvern is not patient though, as she often looks for work-arounds or alternative methods to achieving particular magic more quickly. Aria will claim that this is simply experimentation for learning's sake, or for the sake of efficiency. There is nothing learned if you do not make some mistakes.

Aria-Haizen has a protective side to her that still remains from the before the Hunts, and in her head she will often make herself the protector of some group. She learned to speak the common language to better help others and more often than not, uses it to sass or come to wit contests with friends. Aria does not speak too often though, as she much prefers having others learn her language that is nothing but humming and thrumming combined with body language. As long as she doesn't need to speak in excess, she is fine. The wyvern usually has a good sense of humor, though sensitive subjects taken too far or with ignorance can make her a bit upset, usually reminding her of how her kind are treated as resources. Aria, being a decent user of magic, is always fascinated by learning more about it and learning how to use more of it, being the first Storm Kyte to ever become somewhat adept in using the practice.

History: Storm Kytes live a life of near eternal flight and Aria's life was no different. Being born of an intelligent, but often non verbal species, moments after the wyvern was born was when flight lessons began. This was an essential part of her life as the flocks, often called 'clouds', were always moving from one place to the next. All over Ariel these beasts would roam, though there were multiple clouds of these beings at a time. There were four great clouds representing each of the winds, with four lesser groups representing the mixed winds, as their instinct and affinity with the sky often let them know of storm warnings and would fly to great lengths to warn settlements of risks with their presence, hence their earned name. Aria was quick to learn everything about the sky and lived the nomadic, beastly lifestyle.

Cloud social structure worked where the entire group was a family. There was no real designated mother or father, as everyone took care of everyone, making sure that no beast would leave a bad influence on the offspring. Aria-Haizea was from the East Cloud, and migrated a pattern counter clockwise to the compass: resting in the Dragonrise Mountains, Whistlewatch Islands, Grim's Reach, Fay Oasis and several other locations on the southern end of the map. A few other wyverns from other clouds would temporarily visit the other, passing stories or information from one group to the next. This kept peaceful relations and up to date information about where nesting locations were, or had been moved. The only places that ever remained were the First, and Second Nests, on Raya and Dyrin respectively. There are a Third and Fourth, but those locations are left to the most elderly and trusted of Storm Kytes.

The species went about their lifestyles and ways, learning about smaller communities as opposed to larger ones, meaning that what the King was doing before the Crusades were to begin were well unknown to them. They weren't beyond listening to a few murmurs of what other places had thought of the other. Aria lived a simplistic life without too much worry, beyond fighting off the occasional monster and trying to learn how to properly expel her acid without heartburn.

Then came a day when worry befell the wyverns. Upon what would have been the annual Cloud Convergance -a meeting of all of the flocks in one space usually under Skybound City and their caves- was a day to begin the tragic disaster: some of their family had gone missing without a trace. To a Storm Kyte, that was unusual, and very worrying, as even those who would die without a cloud knowing would find them eventually. Those that may have fallen in battle left some signs, but this was unsettling. It was decided that there would be ongoing investigations to find their lost kin. Over three years worth of searching, they could not find a solid lead. They then started to look into the much larger cities when storms grew near them, and a small flock went to warn a farming village just outside the castle with their presence, though they felt the storm was something unnatural.

The King's guard struck the night they rested.

Aria knew it took a lot to kill one of her kind, but by falsely generating a storm and using other powerful magics to keep the rest of her cloud on the ground, and unable to turn into a more sturdy body left them at a disadvantage. The few that weren't contained or immediately killed fought back, and some to no avail. The Crusade had the upper hand and Aria and a few others barely fled with their lives, at the protest of some that they had known their entire lives. To humans, Storm Kytes were just somewhat smart, flying lizards. Despite the fact Storm Kytes chose to not speak words, they were not beyond language and understanding it. This small group of hunters took in their kill, but for reasons unknown to the rest of them. The species was not inherently magical, though believed in it and were capable of learning it. None had bothered as none needed it, they had their natural skills to guide them.

Aria fled to a safe space she knew the few of them could rest, and warn the others. However they were met a few nights later by the same party, who had managed to track their location. Someone had memorized some of their flight patterns and routes, and they were being targeted by these hunters. Out of the four that had escaped, one fell that evening as the three of them left to fly as far as they could to warn the rest of their kind. A few weeks after what would be called 'First Hunts', word began to spread within the other clouds, who became wary of the entire Dyrin continent, taking up patrols and sentries whenever they needed to rest, taking alternate flight paths and tours around the world to avoid such bloodshed. There would be word of a few more missing from other groups, and they had resolved it was because of this sudden targeting. Aria was curious and enraged to investigate why they were being hunted, as all talk and evidence when resting on other continents seemed to say there was no reason.

Aria was a key speaker when visiting the Second Nest, though this meeting and visit did not last for long. A small army somehow found the Nest's location, and began to destroy everything inside of it, including an attempted genocide of these Storm Kytes. Many fought and left the younger ones to warn those who could not come, save a few of the adults who needed to take care of younglings. Aria fought alongside her own kind against the humans, wondering how they had managed to sneak into the Second Nest without alerting them.

Aria-Haizen then saw the answer to all of her questions.

Before the face of a soldier was melted by her own acid, she recognized the plating on the man's armor. It was the plating of the friend she had lost a month before. Enraged by this revelation, the Storm Kyte ripped and teared through anyone who dared to stand in her way, showing just as much brute force as she realized more and more of these foes bore the skin of her family members on their backs where simple metal once was. This went on for hours, until one other comrade dragged her away from the fight in retreat. They were losing sorely, and now it was a matter of those who had deemed themselves expendable to do as much damage as possible before being snuffed out. For those who were able to leave, they could only watch as the Second Nest as destroyed by the humans that remained.

All of the Storm Kytes fled Dyrin that night.

Weakened and frightened, the rest of the wyverns hid while trying to assemble all of the clouds for their own safety. Scouting parties braved flying Drin's skies to find the smaller groups to bring to the First Nest on Raya, knowing their numbers had dropped significantly. Aria was motivated by revenge to curb the human population that sympathized with King Vrell, however that would be sated in the near future.

A smaller hunting party of the same nature managed to track down Aria specifically, knowing she was the survivor of the 'First Hunt' and the one that always got away. They reached into Raya and the few of them almost caught Aria off guard. Having survived too many surprise encounters before, she was hard to startle. Alone, and full of rage, she fought against the small party with everything she could, but in the game of sheer force, they still had the upper hand on her, and still wore the skin of her fallen family. With the name of the 'Crusade' with them, they were gaining a slow victory on her when something intervened and let victory become Aria's. She did not know that it was a friend until after she stopped trying to fight it too. It being a her, and that her being part of the Wind Guild.

Aria had no idea what this Guild was, but she was thankful it existed. Being brought in and mended with magic and given a safe place to stay was a welcome change to stealth and flight. She stayed there until she fully recovered, learning of the magical folk there and listening and learning a few things from someone called Lightthroat. Feeling indebted to the Guild, Aria-Haizen wanted to learn how to use magic. That was a task and a half and the two of them formed an interesting kind of friendship over it. While Aria stayed at the Guild, after having let the rest of her kind she had not fallen to the Hunts, was when the Guild Leader had changed, putting Lightthroat in charge of everything. Thinking a bit rashly, Aria thought to be said new leader's bodyguard, at least in her mind. She was going to have to stay to put finesse in her learning magic and being able to be one with the storm.

No more would her kind be a resource for the ones that followed the False Crown. They would find that they could not murder the storm that would now no longer come as a warning to them.

Guild: Wind, specializing in Wind Gusts and general storm and thunder abilities. Actual thunder and not electricity.
    Likes: Open skies, a good friendly brawl, demoralizing troops of the 'False Rule', impromptu painting
    Dislikes: Wasteful hunters, racial targeting, indoors, speaking excessively
    Other: Anything else you'd like to add that wasn't covered in previous areas.

Hazy looks like a real butt-kicker! Accepted!

Quote Originally Posted by crystalcat View Post
    Name: Crystal.
    No problems here. I was a bit iffy with the History, but I'll trust there's a reason why it was pretty much left blank and won't try to force-spoil anything interesting you might have arranged. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    Any fantasy race you say... I might sign up for this, but I'm kinda new at RPing. Would that be a problem, or should I wait for a more beginer-oriented RP first?
    ANY fantasy race. Heck, make one up if you're feeling up for it!

And no worries about being new. We were all new at one point or another. We don't bite, so if you have questions, just ask!

The Cast

Arryn Shinesong (Elf, Light Guild) - Played by EmeraldSky
    Jason Richardson (Werepyre, Shadow Guild) - Played by Gaster
    Jysan Ryderan (Faerie, Shadow Guild) - Played by Neo Emolga
    Arus (Half-Dragon, Fire Guild) - Played by Trainer17
    Valryssa Scarlet (Dragon, Fire Guild) - Played by FedoraChar
    Rima Omarah (Sheikah, Shadow Guild) - Played by Alphys
    Lightthroat Hadran Lurel (Orphus, Wind Guild) - Played by Velocity
    Servitor Kalmo Helvec (Human, Light Guild) - Played by The Nonexistent Tazz
    Crown Prince Yargo Kartonis (Human, Water Guild) - Played by The Nonexistent Tazz
    Izuru Natsume (Kitsune, Fire Guild) - Played by Gaster
    Aria-Haizen 'Hazy' (Storm Kyte, Wind Guild) - Played by Saraibre Ryu
    Crystal (Human, Fire Guild) - Played by crystalcat

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Alrighty then. I know just what my character will be. I'll get to work on them right away. :3

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Name: Delbin Kawa
    Species: Encantado (River Dolphin)
    Age: 21 (Delbin looks, acts, etc. like a human in their mid-twenties, which is weird for a dolphin his age, but due to his past, to be expected. He's close to the end of his species's average life expectancy, which is 30)
    Description: Delbin has multiple forms due to his species’s abilities. It should be noted that in all forms, Delbin can be seen wearing a necklace with a wingnut on the end.
    Delbin's more natural and preferred form is his River dolphin form. He looks very similar to the Amazon River Dolphin, which you can see here. The only difference is, Delbin’s eyes are a bit larger and hold a unique turquoise color to them. His appearance is also known to enchant women, even in his dolphin form. Delbin’s human form is his less preferred form, but he has found that people will not negotiate nor make accommodations for a dolphin in most cases.
    Delbin’s human form stands at about 6’3. His skin is a deep tan and his eyes are a bright turquoise. His smile can only be defined as hypnotically perfect, his teeth shining and straight. His hair is a silky black, reaching to his mid-back. Delbin refuses to pull it back because it apparently is much more painful than doing the same to human hair. In addition, it also hides his blowhole (which is on the back of his neck). He usually wears long silver and blue robes to cover as much of his body as possible, since extended exposure to the sun burns him. The robe also has a hood to cover Delbin’s head if he so chooses. He also wears silver boots and gloves to cover his hands and feet. However, if one were to be able to remove his robes, boots, and gloves, they were see many black swirling tattoos from his tribe. While they may look fascinating, not all of them translate into good things, hence why Delbin does not regard them with praise or fascination.
    Delbin can also halfway shift between forms, but this causes extreme discomfort to him because it’s not really a natural form for his species. In this case, his upper body would be relatively the same as his human form, however, his lower half would have his pink and gray dolphin tail. He would have fins on his arms and ridges going down his back. His hands would also become webbed and he would have claws at the ends of his nails. His teeth would also become fangs.
    Personality: Delbin is the type that wears their emotions on their sleeve. He’s a very sensitive guy that overall isn’t a huge fan of conflict or taking risks, but he isn’t entirely opposed to it either. Delbin is all for helping others, and often goes out of his way to do so, even if it means self sacrifice in the process. He’s also too nice to say no to going on dates with any of the girls that hit on him, due to his species’s abilities causing him to attract girls left. The problem is though, Delbin is gay and not really attracted to these girls at all. And it makes him very upset when guys turn him down due to the fact that they saw him with x girl the week before. But he still can’t muster the ability to turn down girls. Delbin’s afraid that he will upset them and we can’t have that. Delbin also has a great fascination for shiny things. He likes to collect these things and has a collection hidden somewhere, though he refuses to tell where. Delbin has several things he becomes very unsettled when he is asked about it. On top of becoming flustered in general when a cute guy talks to him, Delbin also is flustered when asked about: his history (more specifically why he left his home), his tattoos, his collection of shiny things, etc. He is also ashamed about the fact that he has to return to the water every twenty-four hours.
    History: Delbin was born in the rumored utopia world that many River Dolphins come from. As a boy, Delbin lived a normal life for the most part. He was raised as any other River Dolphin boy was, learning how to shift and use his abilities quite easily as a child. His parents could not have been prouder, given that Delbin was quite the natural at his enchantment abilities. It is often seen as high status if you can mate with many different girls and Delbin was showing the potential ability to do just that. When Delbin turned ten, the coming of age ceremony was a big deal. For males, this meant that Delbin got to choose between a risk or a security. If Delbin chose security, then an eight year old girl going through her coming of age ceremony would be selected as Delbin’s first partner for the night. If Delbin chose risk, then Delbin was allowed to leave the utopia for the first time. He would be given a week to enchant and kidnap a woman, then bring her back to the utopia as a trophy. If he failed, however, Delbin would be locked in the other world forever, forced to fend for himself. Most river dolphins did choose risk, but Delbin was at a crossroads, because he was not much of a risk taker, but he wanted to choose his own path. Delbin ended up choosing risk and on his first day in this new world, he did something unorthodox. Instead of immediately going to court with a woman, Delbin began to explore what he later found out to be the city of Junera. Delbin was so fascinated by the culture and everything that it wasn’t very hard to see he was a foreigner. One of the locals, Azriel Dama, found Delbin very fascinating and decided to show the man around. Delbin and Azriel quickly became close friends, with Delbin discovering many new things about himself as well as the world around him. He learned what sunburns were and how to treat them, as well as that the ocean gave him rashes. Delbin learned that he absolutely loved donuts and became a collector of shiny things. Azriel even gave Delbin his first shiny thing, a wingnut. Over the course of a few days, Delbin and Azriel became very close, so close that Delbin nearly forgot about his mission. But, as much as he wanted to, he never could. As many times as Azriel invited Delbin over, Delbin always refused to stay past sundown. At night, Delbin would return to his dolphin form in a nearby pond to recover from the strain his human form put on him. Azriel, naturally, became slightly suspicious, and on Delbin’s fourth day there, Azriel followed Delbin back and saw the river dolphin transform. It didn’t take Delbin long to notice Azriel, but unlike he had expected, Azriel didn’t flee. Instead, Azriel stayed and listened to what Delbin had to say. So Delbin confessed everything: his true identity, his history, his true purpose, everything. At the end of it all, Delbin was afraid Azriel would turn his back on him. But Azriel didn’t. If anything he became more determined to help Delbin. Originally Azriel proposed helping Delbin kidnap someone so he could go home, but Delbin quickly confessed that he didn’t want to go back. After a short inquiry, Delbin confessed not only was this world much more fascinating, but also Delbin was constantly being bullied for his preference of men to women. With that in mind, Azriel and Delbin began to formulate a plan to not only keep Delbin safe, but also incorporate him into the human world. For the years following, Delbin lived in a pond right behind Azriel’s house. Azriel taught Delbin everything he could about the world as well as how to hook up with people, though the common female roadblock popped up quite a bit. Eventually though, due to the new laws, tensions between the humans in the area Azriel lived and the monsters rose. As much as it pained them both, Azriel and Delbin decided that it was time for the two to separate. Azriel and his family traveled to a more human friendly part of the kingdom and Delbin began to travel, searching for a new purpose. Eventually, he discovered the water guild after some humans purposely beached Delbin. Several members came to save him and allowed him to join the guild so that he might be able to help save the magic users, as well as those who weren’t really at fault for anything, like Azriel and his family.
    Guild: Water, his favorite kind of spells are the ones where he can blast people with water, because who doesn’t love blasting people with water?
    Likes: His dolphin form, hot guys, night, shiny things, donuts, his wingnut necklace
    Dislikes: The sun (it burns him), seawater (gives him nasty rashes since he’s a freshwater fishboy), snow (also gives him rashes because he’s a warmwater fishboy), being mistaken for a merman, poachers
    Other: It should be noted that the way River Dolphins age, a ten year old male River Dolphin is the rough equivalent of an eighteen year old human. An eight year old female is also the rough equivalent of an eighteen year old. The way they look, mature, etc. is drastically different so their age in dolphin years is not exactly a good parallel to human years, so take age with a grain of salt.

I think I got everything but just let me know if I missed anything.
    / / / / / / / /

@Alphys Oh, Blaze told me about those, they're one of her favorite creatures.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Gaster View Post
    @Alphys Oh, Blaze told me about those, they're one of her favorite creatures.
    Are you sure she's not referring to kelpie or a kappa? They're two similar but different things.
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Alphys View Post
    Are you sure she's not referring to kelpie or a kappa? They're two similar but different things.
    I'm sure, she used the name and has me look it up while we were on join.me together.