Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Interlude: The Harmony of Ash, Misty, and Brock

As the boat stopped at a port to refuel for the rest of the journey to Cianwood City, Jasmine met the group on the upper deck. "If it's okay, I'm going to go get some supplies on shore--it'll be at least another day before we reach Cianwood."

"Sure--the Pokemart's not far from the dock." Ash replied as he watched people come and go from the harbor.

"I did hear the captain say that if you wanted to get off the boat and explore a little, you could, but to be back here by sunset." Jasmine went on.

She pointed out a series of caves in the distance. "If you have a surfing Pokemon, you can explore the Whirl Islands, where it is said that the dragon bird Pokemon Lugia roosts."

Ash was surprised. "Really?"

"Should I play 'The Ballad of the Chosen One' for Jasmine?" Brock smiled.

"I don't think I've heard your song retelling the legend of Shamouti Island--even though I was the one that bugged you to write it and play it." Misty confessed, just as Jasmine returned with a Pokemart bag filled with potions and other Pokemon medicines.

"What's going on? Jasmine asked.

"Brock is a master singer, storyteller, and multi-instrumentalist, often setting legends and folktales to music." Misty explained as Brock retrieved his guitar and started tuning up. "One of the songs he's written tells an ancient legend from the far off Orange Islands that features Lugia."

"Okay..." Brock settled in a chair before the others, guitar in hand. "Far away from here, in a place called Shamouti Island, an ancient prophecy serves as both a warning and a promise of hope." he explains over a relaxed melody. "Disturb not the harmony of fire, ice and lightning, lest these titans wreak destruction upon the world in which they clash. Though the water's great guardian shall arise to quell the fighting, alone its song will fail, and thus the earth shall turn to ash."

He then announces "O Chosen One!" over a D major chord, making Jasmine jump. "Into thine hands bring together all three. Their treasures combined tame the Beast of the Sea..."

---------

"Aurora! Come on out!" Misty called, revealing a majestic blue plesiosaur-like Pokemon with a large shell on its back on the water.

"A Lapras is a great idea for exploring the Whirl Island caves." Jasmine smiled, Brock's song about Lugia still fresh in her mind. "But the maps of the caves don't say which one is Lugia's roost."

She turned to leave. "Enjoy exploring the caves...I'll be on the boat waiting for you."

"Okay!" Ash replied as he climbed aboard Aurora. "We'll be back by sunset!"

"Now, which cave do you guys think Lugia roosts in?" Misty asked as she unrolled a chart depicting four of the main caves that were closest to the port.

"That one!" Ash pointed out the cave on the top right of the chart.

"All right, we'll start there." Misty smiled as Aurora dutifully swam to the cave in question.

---------

"Whoa!" Ash gasped as the group emerged from the cave entrance onto a large cliff overlooking a huge waterfall.

"Unless you see a ladder, a zipline, or some other way of getting down, we'll have to turn back." Brock cautioned as he looked around the cliff, which was dotted with more cave entrances.

"Silly! There's a winding path to the bottom right here!" Misty grinned, gesturing to a stone pathway that zigzagged down the cliff to an alcove near the waterfall.

"Lead on, O Fearless Leader." Brock grinned as Misty led the way down the path.

The group emerged in a large room that mostly consisted of a large pool, where Ash noticed the eight Kimono Girls were gathered. "You guys! It's me!"

Sakura looked over and smiled when she saw Ash waving at her. "Ash, Misty, Brock, what a surprise! We were about to begin a naming ceremony for the resident Lugia of this cave, Aminta."

"Wait, Legendary Pokemon can reproduce?" Misty was surprised.

"Of course they can--they're no different than other Pokemon." Sayo explained. "While many of them have not been documented raising young, Lugia is one of the very few Legendaries whose reproductive cycle has been extensively researched."

"Lugia only have one or two chicks at a time, so when a baby is born, it is a time of celebration." Kuni went on. "The families of Lugia that roam in this area are named as a sign of their duty to guard and protect people all around the world."

Sayo smiled as the mother Lugia elegantly swam out into the large pool, her chick not far behind her. "Hail and well met, Aminta--we send our rejoicings and well wishes on the hatching of your child."

Te lei ze cra riou te ze... Sakura next started a holy song, reverently kneeling on the rock overlooking the pool where the mother Lugia and the chick nuzzled each other.

Cra riou ze te riou rei neu, riou ze...
    Va rei ze te, neu te riou te cra
    Riou rei cra riou ze rei va ze rei...
    Va neu va rei, va neu va ze rei!
    Cra riou cra neu te rei cra riou ze lei va
    Lei va neu cra te lei lei!

Te lei ze cra riou te ze... the other Kimono Girls joined in as they each set a censer of incense in the water as a symbolic offering to mother and child.
    Cra riou ze te riou rei neu, riou ze...
    Va rei ze te, neu te riou te cra
    Riou rei cra riou ze rei va ze rei...
    Va neu va rei, va neu va ze rei!
    Cra riou cra neu te rei cra riou ze lei va
    Lei va neu cra te lei lei!

Before Sakura could begin the second part of the ceremony, a loud crash got her attention. "What on earth?"

"Team Rocket!" Ash gasped when he saw Jessie, James, and Meowth float into the cave on what remained of their boat from before.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on this Legendary Pokemon!" Ash warned. Tintri sparking and Brock drawing his bow emphasized his point.

James smirked. "You and what army, hat-twerp?"

Ash heaved a relieved sigh as the Kimono Girls each summoned their Eeveelution partners. "Me and THAT army!"

Hold, Young Master. Aminta interrupted. It is forbidden to battle in this sacred place, so I will deal with these intruders.

After waiting for the chick to paddle into an alcove where it would be safe, Aminta charged a ball of blue energy and fired at Team Rocket, sending them flying through a large crack in the cave ceiling with a ping.

Is it safe to come out? the Lugia chick asked.

Those rogues will not trouble us any more...it's safe. Aminta replied as the chick paddled out before the group again.

"As I was saying before we were rudely interrupted..." Sakura began as the Kimono Girls recalled their Pokemon and Brock had put his bow away. "For your brave act in wanting to protect the young Lugia, Ash...we will allow you to give the chick a name."

Ash thought for a moment for a suitable name for the chick, but the sun streaming in through the crack gave him an idea. "Helios...his name is Helios."

To Be Continued...
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 08-16-2017 at 08:43 PM.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 88a: Machoke, Machoke Man! (part 1)

"All right, here's the medicine...the Ginger Storm." the pharmacist smiled as he gave Jasmine a bag full of medicine. "Brew this as a tea, and have Amphy drink it--it should slow down her overloaded electric glands, and ease her pain. This way, her body can fight the infection easier."

"Fascinating!" Ash smiled.

"Ginger has long been used as a pain remedy since ancient times." the pharmacist went on. "It's especially good for Electric and Fire Pokemon, but humans have also used it to ease upset stomachs."

"That explains why Mom always gave me ginger ale when I had a stomach ache when I was little..." Ash mused as the group departed the pharmacy.

"If you don't mind, I'm taking the express ferry home, so I can give this to Amphy." Jasmine told the others as she started for the docks.

"We have a Lapras, so we'll return to Olivine that way." Misty explained before waving to Jasmine. "Be safe!"

"Safe travels, okay?" Brock agreed as he embraced Jasmine. "Thanks for your phone number as well."

"If you need to call me, I'll be happy to talk--caring for Amphy is often a lonely job." Jasmine replied as she left for the docks.

---------

As the group rounded a bend to explore the outskirts of the city some time later, Ash noticed a muscular brown haired man and a large gray humanoid he knew as Machoke training together on one of the beaches. "Nicely done, Kyodo...let's practice offense now." Ash heard the man say. "Come at me with all you've got!"

"That guy's pretty strong to defend against all those attacks!" Misty gasped as the man skillfully defended all the Machoke's moves.

"I'll say..." Brock was equally impressed.

Ash, meanwhile, decided to read up on Machoke:

"Machoke, the superpower Pokemon. The muscles covering its body teem with power. Even when still, it exudes an amazing sense of strength.

"Oh my..." Misty gasped, amazed at the large gray Pokemon's skill and trust in its master.

Finally, the group winced as a Karate Chop connected across the man's chest. "That had to hurt..." Brock noted, even though the man didn't look like he was in any pain.

"Okay, Kyodo--Submission!" the man called.

The Machoke playfully giggled as it wrapped its giggling master up, rolled him around the dirt field, and tossed him for what looked like thousands of feet. "I don't know if I should be scared for that guy, or impressed he loves and trusts his Machoke that much..." Ash mused.

Misty was first to arrive on the field. "Are you okay, sir?"

The man collected himself, then smiled at his Machoke. "That Submission was perfect."

"If you don't mind my asking, why would take a Submission attack from a powerful Machoke?" Brock asked.

Tears welled up in the man's eyes. "Oh Kyodo! I'm so proud of you for your perfect Submission!" he cried as his giggling Machoke embraced him in a powerful, but loving hug.

[Aw...] Tintri smiled.

"I guess if you love and trust your Pokemon that much, you can take anything." Misty mused.

About then, the man noticed the group. "Oh, hello there, visitors! Might I know the names of my audience members?"

"I'm Ash, and these are my companions, Misty and Brock." Ash replied.

"Hi!" Misty smiled.

"Nice to meet you." Brock smiled. "Can I just say I love how close you and your Machoke are?"

"Nice to meet you three." the man smiled. "What brings you here to Cianwood? Are you maybe looking for the Cianwood Gym?" he smiled with a twinkle in his eye.

"We were here to help a friend with an errand, but if there's a Gym here, and you're the leader, then I'll be happy to battle you!" Ash replied.

"Okay! Follow me to the Gym!" the man called "Forward, march! Hup, two, three four! Hup, two, three four! Hup, two, three four!..."

"Wait!" The group scrambled to catch up to the man and his Machoke as they marched up to a forested path...

---------

"We...made...it..." Misty wheezed as the group emerged from the underbrush before a dojo-like building.

"Finally..." Brock sputtered, just as the man arrived.

Ash balked as the man dropped on his hands and knees to do push ups. "First we came through that thick forest, and he still has the energy for push ups????"

"I'm wondering if he's all there or not..." Brock mused. "Maybe training this hard's an obsession."

"How much further do we have to go?" Ash asked.

"You're standing right before it, Kanto League hero!" the man smiled as he made a grand gesture to the building.

Misty smiled as hundred of boys and girls streamed from the dojo to greet their master. "Aw...strong and a sweetheart!"

The man grinned after hugging a girl. "I'm the Cianwood Gym Leader-- the leanest, meanest, toughest, roughest, fighting Pokémon Master in all the land...but you can call me Chuck."

Just then, a dark haired woman emerged from the dojo. "Okay, who's hungry?"

"MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" the children replied as they and the group crowded around a large table piled high with a variety of meats and vegetables.

"Nice, honey Combusken!" Ash wasted no time digging in.

"This beef and broccoli's great!" Misty raved.

"Pass the fish sauce, please!" Brock requested as he admired the stirfry he had built on his plate.

"Are you here to battle for a Storm Badge?" the woman asked as she ladled some miso soup into a bowl for a child.

"Course!" Ash replied in between bites.

"Good--I had no problem beating that flabby husband of mine." the woman smiled.

"I resent that remark!" Chuck retorted, making everyone howl with laughter.

---------

Misty pushed away her plate some time later. "That was delicious!"

"This was no ordinary food...we just consumed a whole lot of Pokémon Power Food." Brock explained. "What it may look like any old food, it is known to strengthen Trainers and Pokémon alike."

He watched the children easily running hundreds of laps around the dojo. "I have to hand it to these kids--they are truly dedicated to their training."

A clap made Ash jump. "Come on, Kanto League hero! If you want a Storm Badge, you're gonna have to battle me!" Chuck announced.

"Coming!" Ash followed Chuck inside the Gym...

---------

A whistle pierced the air of the cavernous dojo, signaling the match between Ash and Chuck was underway. "Uzu, let's go!" Chuck called as he summoned a Poliwrath.

"Tintri, use Thunderbolt!" Ash called.

[What the?] Tintri gasped as Uzu rolled out of the way of his Thunderbolt.

"Okay, Tintri, new plan! If one Thunderbolt won't do it, try a lot of them!" Ash called.

[HAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!] Tintri cried as he unleashed a rain of Thunderbolts.

Ash winced as the first two Thunderbolts to strike missed Uzu, but smiled as the third one hit, dazing the Poliwrath. "Okay, now ram him with a Quick Attack!"

"Focus, Uzu!" Chuck called.

Brock watched with Misty from the stands as Tintri bounced off Uzu and back on the ground. "It's possible that Chuck's Poliwrath may be trying to do something like Focus Punch--the more likely scenario is Mind Reader, which guarantees the next attack to hit."

"Okay, Uzu! Doubleslap!" Chuck called.

[WAUUUUUUUUUGH!!!] Tintri cried as he went flying across the arena, landing at Ash's feet in a daze. [I'm...sorry...]

"Tintri!" Ash cried.

"Tintri is unable to battle--the match goes to Gold." the referee announced, making tears of rage well up in Ash's eyes.

Chuck brushed away a tear of pride. "I see..you and your Pikachu have a close bond, like I do my Pokemon. Even though we're both men here, it's okay to cry, especially if you love your friends and your Pokemon! Even tough guys shed real tears every so often!"

"Thanks, Tintri..." Ash sniffled as he delivered the dazed Tintri to Brock. "You did great out there--now, get some rest."

To Be Continued...
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 88b: Machoke, Machoke Man! (part 2)

Ash thought for a moment at who to choose next. Maybe, if I chose Luce, her capability of Mega Evolution will give her enough strength to beat Uzu and Kyodo!

He reached for Luce's Poke Ball. "Luce, I choose you!"

Chuck smiled as the large yellow sheep Pokemon with a flickering light for a tail materialized on the Silver side of the battlefield. "A wonderful choice! Your Ampharos looks very strong!"

"Thanks..." Ash replied.

"Okay, Uzu, use Water Gun!" Chuck commanded, never mind that Luce easily leaped out of the way of the water.

"Luce, use Shockwave!" Ash commanded.

He smiled as the large thunderbolt connected. "Okay, now use Thunder Wave to tie Uzu up!"

[Got it!] Luce smiled as she fired some shockwaves at the Poliwrath, which tied him up, then picked him up, and slammed Uzu back on the ground.

"Don't give up, Uzu! Focus!" Chuck called in encouragement to the Poliwrath stumbling around the arena from being thrown around.

Showtime! Ash smiled as he held his Mega Ring to the sky. Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul...

Chuck watched in awe as Luce was engulfed in red light and crimson thunderbolts. As Luce transformed within the ball of thunder light, she jumped up, slamming Uzu hard as she emerged with a white mane and a bushy white tail studded in topazes.

"Uzu is unable to battle." the referee announced when the smoke cleared some moments later. "The match goes to Silver."

Ash looked up at his Mega Ampharos, "Nice job, Luce..."

"I have to admit, waiting to induce Mega Evolution in the middle of an attack to make it more powerful was very clever." Misty smiled as she and Brock got up to leave.

"After all, it helped that Tintri wore Poliwrath down." Brock agreed. "We're gonna step out for some fresh air..."

Tears formed in Chuck's eyes as Misty and Brock departed. "You did well, Uzu! I'm so proud!"

After composing himself, he looked to his Machoke. "Kyodo...the time has come to battle."

[Let's do it!] the Machoke smiled before jogging into the arena.

"Remember, focus your energy on winning!" Chuck reminded Kyodo. "No matter what kind of distractions your opponent may employ, stay focused!"

Say... Ash had an idea. "Luce, Body Slam me!" he requested, digging his feet into the dusty floor to brace himself.

[HAH!!!] Luce eagerly complied with the odd command, but Ash only slid a few inches backwards from the attack.

"Nice..." Ash smiled as he collected himself from the attack. "Can you stay as focused as Kyodo?"

[I'll do my best.] Luce smiled.

----------

Back at a house near the Gym, Chuck's wife smiled as Brock and Misty finished washing the dishes from the epic meal they had enjoyed earlier. "Okay, next I want you to do the laundry." she smiled. "While the washer's running, you can also sweep the floors and make the beds."

"I don't get why we have to do chores to learn something..." Misty sighed as she loaded hundreds of martial artist uniforms in the washer.

"You'll learn patience and the value of a job well done." Chuck's wife assured Misty as she tended to the pot on a stove. "That, and it will help build up an appetite for my famous potstickers."

"If you have food, then I'd clean the whole house multiple times over!" Brock cried as he hurried over to get a broom.

"Since you put it that way, all these chores aren't that bad..." Misty agreed as she hit START on the washer, then went upstairs to start on making the beds. "I'm sure our hostess would love an epic tale--or a Moltres story!"

"Oh, the story of the quest for Moltres was one of my favorite stories as a little girl." Chuck's wife smiled as she admired the Lore Stripes on Brock's vest. "I'm sure you earned one of those telling that story, right?"

"A short version, but I earned my first one telling that tale." Brock smiled. "I think one of the longer versions I know should give me enough time to sweep the house clean."

With that, he began the first version of the story that came to mind, the swiff-swiff-swiff of the broom lending a cadence to his voice. "It happened once that a king of a far away land, who had a great kingdom and three sons, was blinded due to a mysterious disease, and no healing skill or art could restore to him his sight. After a very long time, a traveling priestess came to the palace, and told him that there was only one thing that could restore his sight, and that was to find Moltres, the Herald of Fire; her song would open the king's eyes..."

---------

"Focus, Kyodo!" Chuck called.

"Luce, stay focused!" Ash reminded Luce.

[AI-YAH-YAH-YAH!!!!] Kyodo cried as he unleashed a flurry of Karate Chops. Luce did her best to weave around the attacks, but she did not expect one to come from above, knocking her down on the ground.

Chuck smiled as he watched the Mega Ampharos struggle to get up. "Kyodo, Cross Chop!"

"Luce, try to to use Charge Beam!" Ash called.

[YAH!!!] Luce fired a yellow beam at the charging Machoke, which wrapped around Kyodo's arms, preventing the Cross Chop attack.

[Trying to tie me up are you?] Kyodo taunted. [You forget I can reel you in like a Magikarp!]

With that, he started using the Charge Beam to pull Luce close to him, Luce fighting against it all the while.

Just then, Misty and Brock returned to the stands, Misty still munching on a potsticker. "Maybe Luce could intensify the Charge Beam...this way, Kyodo would lose its footing and fall." Brock suggested as he snatched a potsticker from the large bag that Chuck's wife had given them as thanks for their work.

"I hope Ash remembers that it will take strategy as well as strength to win this battle." Misty mused as she watched the Machoke and the Mega Ampharos grapple on the arena floor.

They then heard Chuck call "Okay, Kyodo! Use Submission!"

[WHOA!] Luce yelped as the Submission sent her flying.

"Remember that the match isn't over yet, as long as Luce stays focused! Ash reminded Chuck as Luce landed feat first on the dusty floor. She was battered from the Submission, and yet still had the will and strength to keep going.

Ash looked over at Luce. "Try another Charge Beam!"

He smiled as the Charge Beam wrapped Kyodo up, allowing Luce to lift Kyodo and slam him right back down on the ground. "All right, now do a Body Slam on Kyodo!"

[YAH!!!] Luce cried as she slammed into Kyodo.

Ash saw his chance as Kyodo tried to get up. "Luce, use Power Gem!"

[OOF!!!] was all Kyodo could say as a sparking topaz pinned him to the floor.

"Kyodo is unable to battle--the match goes to Silver!" the referee announced.

Luce hurried over to Ash and he embraced her. "You did great, Luce--well done."

He did not expect Luce to playfully Body Slam him again, but he managed to brace himself on the arena floor as everyone laughed. "You're getting good at that." he smiled as Luce's Mega Evolution wore off.

---------

Later, the group met Chuck in the arena. "Ash...I have to commend you on that great battle--I haven't had a battle like that in a long time." Chuck smiled. "So I have no shame in losing to a trainer like you."

He went on "I will say that I admire your strategy with your Ampharos Luce, and that even with the power of Mega Evolution, working closely with your Pokémon is the only strategy you need."

"Thanks--I had fun too." Ash replied.

Chuck held out a brown badge that resembled a fist. "You've earned this Storm Badge--go ahead and show the world what you did here!"

As Chuck's wife, the students, Brock, Misty, Tintri, and Luce gathered around him, Ash held his new badge high. "I got a Storm Badge!!!!"

---------

"Call Jasmine." Ash commanded his PokeNav as the group settled in the Pokemon Center to rest for the night.

After the screen flashed "DIALING" for a moment, the image of Jasmine appeared. "Hello?"

"Hi, Jasmine, it's Ash." Ash replied. "I ended up getting Cianwood's badge, but I was wondering if you're taking challenges yet."

"Well, I do have some good news--the medicine is really helping Amphy, and she should recover completely." Jasmine began. "That said, she still has a long road to recovery, so I'm not quite ready to take challenges yet."

"All right, we'll just take a leisurely voyage back to Olivine." Ash smiled. "Tell your grandpa and Amphy we said hi!"

To Be Continued...

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf @Soups

Episode 89a: The Mystery is History! (part 1)

"What's that silver feather you have there?" Misty asked as the group drifted along on Aurora some days later.

"Chuck's wife gave it to me." Ash replied as he twirled the silver feather in his fingers, making it glitter in the afternoon sun. "Supposedly, Lugias are attracted to it, but I don't know how true that is."

Just then, Tintri noticed a boat floating by them with a familiar Pikachu with a tuft of fur on its head inside as Aurora approached a dock near the Whirl Islands. [Sparky? Is that you?]

[Tintri! What a surprise!] Sparky giggled as Tintri leaped off of Aurora and into the boat to embrace him.

"Sparky being here must mean Ritchie's here too." Misty mused as Aurora drifted into the dock. "You remember Ritchie, don't you?"

"Of course--how can I not forget him after what happened at home?" Ash smiled as he climbed off Aurora and onto the dock, relieved to stretch his legs as both Pikachus chattered in the boat.

"Sparky, who's-!" a brown haired boy in blue clothes asked as he arrived on the dock, smiling when he saw the group. "Ash! It's been a while!"

"It's good to see you again..." Ash smiled as he hugged Ritchie. "So, what brings you and Sparky to Johto?"

"Well, after the Indigo Conference, I heard about a mysterious Pokémon here, and spent an extensive amount of time researching the location." Ritchie explained as Sparky bounded by his side. "According to my sources, I think that this Pokémon is on an island nearby."

"Let's go!" Ash led the way to a smaller boat that Ritchie was preparing...

---------

Meanwhile, a brown haired boy frolicked in the water alongside a blue and yellow anglerfish, with a large shadow keeping watch from below.

Just then, he spotted the boat carrying the group approaching in the distance. "You may want to hide, Asimona." he whispered. As if in response to his voice, the large shadow disappeared from the water, moments before the group arrived.

"Everyone, this is Oliver--one of the residents of the area that's been a big help with my research." Ritchie explained, prompting the boy to wave hello as the boat floated by.

"Do you know anything about the mysterious Pokémon that's supposedly around here?" Ash asked Oliver.

"Must be the shy type..." Brock mused as Oliver hesitated to answer Ash. "We may have better luck just looking ourselves."

As the boat sailed away, Oliver felt something pull him under--a young Lugia! As the chick and Oliver embraced, they were unaware that deep beneath the surface, an older man with wispy peach hair watched the joyful reunion with a Rocket grunt from inside an underwater research lab. "There he is..." the man sneered. "I see Agrios, so his mother has to be close by."

He motioned to the grunt. "Dispatch a submarine right away--maybe if we catch Agrios, we can capture Asimona too."

"Yes, Dr. Namba!" the grunt replied as he hurried out.

---------

"Aw!" Misty smiled as the young Lugia reunited with the large shadow, which turned out to be its mother.

"The mother's name is Asimona, and her son is Agrios." Oliver explained as he heaved a floatie for Agrios to chase as Asimona kept a watchful eye.

"We've met a Lugia pair ourselves--Aminta and her child, who Ash named Helios." Brock explained.

"If I may ask, how did you and Agrios get so close?" Ash asked as Agrios brought the floatie back.

"Well...a month ago, my Lanturn Kira and me got caught in a storm while we were out swimming one day." Oliver explained before throwing the floatie again. "The waves were too rough and sent me under the water. When I came to some time later, I found that I was back on land with Agrios at my side. I asked him where his mama was, and then Asimona appeared."

"Amazing!" Misty gasped as an auburn haired girl met Oliver on the rocks.

"This is Luka--she helps me and my family look after Asimona and Agrios." Oliver explained, prompting the girl to wave hello.

Luka noticed the Silver Wing Ash held. "In fact, local legend says that even if Asimona's not physically here, a Silver Wing will react if she is in the area."

Just then, Asimona surfaced before the group. What are you doing here? she demanded. Don't you dare lay a finger on my child!

Ash looked down at the Silver Wing Chuck's wife had given them earlier, which was glowing brightly. "Peace...I mean no harm to you, or your child."

With that, he sang a familiar melody. Gatrandis favel, secret, edena...
    Emusto ronzen fine el balaziis...
    Katoradis favel siicletu edena...
    Emusto koron zen fine, si...

Asimona's angry look softened as Ash collapsed to the rock in exhaustion. I see...your heart is pure, and I see no reason to believe you would harm my little one.

"Wha...how?" Misty gasped, amazed at what she had just seen. "How was Ash able to sing the Swanna Song for real?" she stammered as Asimona surrounded Ash in a soft silver light, healing him from his weariness.

"Remember when we passed by the Whirl Islands, and saved the young Lugia Ash named Helios?" Brock reminded Misty. "It's because of Ash's bonds with both Helios and Tintri, that has allowed him to be able to sing the song."

"That makes sense." Misty smiled as Agrios paddled back to Asimona, and they paddled off to swim together.

"Could you give me diving lessons?" Ash asked Luka. "I want to see what Asimona and Agrios are doing."

"It'll take a few weeks, but I can train you and your friends, if they need it." Luka replied.

"We're already certified, so we'll be Ash's dive buddies." Brock replied, he and Misty proudly showing Luka the red square with a white diagonal stripe on their trainer cards that signaled that they had diving certification...

To Be Continued...

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 89b: The Mystery is History! (part 2)

"Nervous about your first open water dive?" Brock asked as they sailed towards the reef where Asimona and Agrios lived a few weeks later.

"A little..." Ash confessed as he emerged onto the deck in a red and black wetsuit with white accents. Tintri was not far behind, in a Pikachu-sized yellow and black wetsuit. "But I'm mostly excited for my first real dive, and getting to see Asimona and Agrios up close."

"What's the number one thing you should never ever do while diving?" Misty quizzed Ash as he and Tintri arrived near the bench where she and Brock were finishing their safety checks.

"Never ever hold your breath." Ash confidently replied.

"Misty and I are already suited up, so we'll help you check your gear and teach you what to look for when checking your gear and checking ours." Brock explained. "It's a good idea to check each other's gear."

After checking over their gear and Brock giving Ash some final reminders of different dive signals, the boat came to a stop near the reef. "Okay, Ash...ready for your final test to see what you've learned?"

"As I'll ever be..." Ash replied as a crew member delivered the air tanks, masks, and regulators to the group. Tintri would be tethered to Ash, with a Pikachu sized tank, mask, and regulator of his own.

"Masks on and regulators in, everyone..." Brock instructed.

After flashing one last okay sign to Luka and the crew, Brock led the way into the water, with Misty, Ash, and Tintri following behind him.

Once the flurry of bubbles cleared from his field of view, Ash watched in awe as Asimona arrived with some Goldeens to feed Agrios.

He signaled for Misty and Brock to watch as Agrios eagerly chomped into a dead Goldeen, being careful not to accidentally eat a bone. Once Agrios had eaten around a bone, Asimona would work it free and send it falling to the sea floor, freeing up more safe meat that Agrios could eat.

The three human divers and their Pikachu watched the intimate moment for a few minutes before Agrios noticed them. Why do humans have to wear those fish suits? he asked Asimona.

Humans can't breathe underwater like we can, so when they venture beneath the surface, they have to take their air with them. Asimona explained. That's what the fish suits are for.

Piqued, Agrios swam in Ash's direction, and smiled when he saw Ash's face behind his mask.

Misty watched as Agrios gave Ash a light headbutt, knocking Ash and Tintri backwards. She signaled Ash "Are you okay?", only to heave a relieved sigh when both Ash and Tintri signaled back an okay sign.

Agrios' ethereal laughter echoing around him in the water brought a peaceful feeling to Ash as he chased after the young Lugia. If every dive I go on is like this, I never want it to end. he thought as he hurried to catch up to Agrios, while Asimona rocketed to the surface to give those up above a show-stopping memory...

---------

Back at the underwater lab, Jessie and James--in disguise as scientists--rounded a corner to find that a teal haired male operative and his blonde haired female partner were discussing something with Dr. Namba. "...So we've found that the baby Lugia and its mother are close by--Asimona was spotted diving just moments ago."

"What are Botch and Cassidy doing here?" James hissed. "I thought we were the only operatives on board, save for a few grunts and Dr. Namba's crew."

Jessie was about to reply when she heard Dr. Namba say "Excellent work, Butch, Cassidy...thank you. Prepare to deploy the decoy chick--once we have Agrios, Asimona will likely come looking for him."

"How come THEY get all the glory, and not us?" Jessie gasped. "I thought we were going to get to see the mother and child Lugia!"

She silently grumbled as she watched Butch and Cassidy depart. Just you wait...you'll be sorry you tried to steal my thunder!

---------

Later that evening, Ash emerged from a house in his normal clothes to discover Oliver swimming with Agrios. "Ash...I'm so proud of you for earning dive certification." Misty smiled as she admired the new dive flag icon on Ash's trainer card. "If you ever need a refresher, the Gym pool's always open for you to practice."

"Thanks--I was not expecting Agrios to headbutt me." Ash chuckled. "But getting to watch Asimona feed him was very sweet."

"She's a very devoted mother." Brock smiled. "I never thought I'd see a sweet moment like that myself--and I've logged a lot of dives, and seen some amazing things."

"Maybe I'll have to look into getting certification once Sparky and I get home." Ritchie smiled as he joined the group on the pier.

Just then, Agrios noticed what looked like another Lugia chick approaching. "What is it, Agrios?" Oliver asked.

Ritchie, however, noticed propellers near the tail of the second chick. "That's no chick, that's a trap!"

"Too late..." Brock sighed as the decoy chick transformed into a cage, trapping Agrios inside.

Misty gasped as she watched Butch and Cassidy argue with Jessie and James on the water, Agrios crying for help all the while. "I never thought we'd see those other Rockets again!"

"Long story..." Ash explained to Brock, just as a blast of a Smokescreen got his attention. "They're getting away with Agrios!"

"Let's get back to the house and suit up again--and save Agrios from both sets of Rockets!" Brock led the way back inside--all three trainers hoped they were not too late to rescue the young Lugia...

To Be Continued...

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 90a: A Parent Trapped! (part 1)

Previously, on "Pokemon Moonlight Silver"...

Misty gasped as she watched Butch and Cassidy argue with Jessie and James on the water, Agrios crying for help all the while. "I never thought we'd see those other Rockets again!"

"Long story..." Ash explained to Brock, just as a blast of a Smokescreen got his attention. "They're getting away with Agrios!"

"Let's get back to the house and suit up again--and save Agrios from both sets of Rockets!" Brock led the way back inside--all three trainers hoped they were not too late to rescue the young Lugia...

"Yes...yes!" Dr. Namba cried, elated as the caged Agrios was brought to him. "At last, we have Agrios!"

"So now that we have Agrios, it makes logical sense that we could use the little guy to attract Mama Lugia--if Mama Lugia's not already looking for it." Butch explained as he and Cassidy arrived in the room, admiring the struggling Lugia chick in the cage on the pedestal that Dr. Namba was admiring.

"There's an idea!" Cassidy smiled, pleased her partner had a good idea for once.

"It would be almost TOO easy!" the group of Rockets chorused at nearly the same time.

---------

"It's no use..." Ash sighed as he glumly looked out on the sea. "I want to help Asimona and rescue Agrios..."

"A noble goal to be sure, but my point still stands--how are we going to save Agrios if we don't know where the Rockets took him?" Misty asked.

"That, and who knows what insane security the baby Lugia's hidden behind..." Ritchie mused.

A whir of a boat approaching the shore snapped Brock to attention. "Luka's here!"

"Hi, everyone..." Luka smiled as she guided the boat close to the shore. "What's going on? You guys look like something terrible happened!"

"Something terrible DID happen!" Oliver explained. "While you were away, some punks in black deployed a decoy Lugia chick and Poke-napped Agrios!"

"What????" Luka gasped. "Where was he taken?"

Oliver was about to answer when Asimona surfaced from the water. Agrios! Where are you? she called.

"Asimona...as much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Agrios was kidnapped." Brock explained before telling Asimona something in Gaelic. "Tógadh an páiste ag daoine olc...Déanfaimid an méid is féidir linn a chun tarrthála dó.

"Huh?" Oliver asked.

"I told Asimona that her child was taken by evil humans, and that we will do everything we can to save Agrios." Brock translated what he had said.

Asimona was silent for a moment, before the look on her face turned angry. Gatrandis favel, secret, edena...

"The Swanna Song?" Misty was surprised at Asimona's majestic and yet gentle voice resonated across the sea, causing the sky to cloud up and thunder to rumble!

Katoradis favel siicletu edena... Asimona's voice rang through the howling wind and sheets of rain that were now pouring down on the island. Emusto koron zen fine, si...

"This way!" Oliver lead the group into a large cavern, where they could safely watch the raging storm batter the island plus a neighboring island with high wind and rough seas.

"I've never seen a Legendary sing their Swanna Song before..." Ritchie mused as he made sure Sparky and the other Pokemon were same. "I mean, I've seen them do it in folk tales, TV shows, and video games, but nothing like this!"

"Maybe in her anger and sadness, Asimona beseeched Arceus directly to send the storm, presumably as a way to physically manifest her emotions." Oliver explained. "Although I can understand why she would be angry and saddened right now..."

"I want to try and tell Asimona that killing innocent people won't bring Agrios back...and that we want to try and help." Ash suggested as he found a thick raincoat and put it on.

"I'm coming too!" Ritchie hurried to find another coat for himself.

"The worst of the wind and rain seems to have died down, so I'll take you to Asimona." Luka offered. "The boat's by the shore."

Misty watched as Ash, Ritchie, and Luka departed. "Ash...I hope you know what you're doing..."

---------

"WHOA!!!" Luka veered the boat out of the way of a blue beam of wind and light."

"Aeroblast!" Ash remembered as he braced himself against the boat, which zigzagged across the waves in hopes of reaching the angry mother Lugia inside.

After easing himself onto the bow, where he could see Asimona, he called into the wind and rain "Asimona! We want to try and help you!"

Why should I believe you? Asimona growled. If evil humans took my little one away, than all humans deserve to know my anger!

"That's not true!" Ash called back, his voice vaguely audible over the gusty wind and thunder. "We had no part in taking Agrios...all we want to do is bring him back to you safely!"

A tear of frustration rolled down his cheek. Please, Asimona...please believe me...

He then sang as loud as he could Gatrandis favel, secret, edena...
    Emusto ronzen fine el balaziis....

Asimona's angry look softened when she saw the tears falling from Ash's eyes. I don't know how or why you learned to sing the Swanna's song, but I trust you. she began as she flapped up a gentle breeze from her wings, calming the storm.

"As my friend said earlier, we will do everything we can to save Agrios and bring him back to you safely." Ash explained. "Either that, or die trying."

Very well, young hero--I will hold you to your promise. Asimona smiled as the others arrived. I'm counting on you to rescue Agrios!

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 90b: A Parent Trapped! (part 2)

"Okay, everyone--new objective: find Team Rocket's base." Brock explained as Ash and Misty watched for their Pokemon to return. "If they found a place where Agrios is being held, even better!"

A squawk snapped Ash to attention. "Any sign of the base or Agrios?" he asked as Mina fluttered in for a landing aboard a tree branch.

[Not a thing...] Mina sighed. [All I could see from the air was water.]

[I couldn't see anything from the surface...] Michelle reported as she swam back to shore. [I did, however, see something that looked like a base beneath the water...]

"Good work, Michelle!" Misty smiled as she petted her Golduck on the head. "If you'll give us a minute to get into fish suits, will you lead us there?"

[Of course--I'll be waiting near the drop-off point.] With that, Michelle dove back beneath the surface.

"I'll just be you guys' chaser, since I don't have training yet." Ritchie smiled. "But just wave if you need something!"

"That's actually the diver's signal for an emergency, which is why tourists shouldn't wave at divers in the water." Ash explained as Sparky gave him a red wetsuit.

"Have a buddy with you and chasers on the surface if possible." Misty smiled as she stepped into a blue wetsuit.

"Okay, the three of us and Oliver going with us, Ritchie chasing from the boat..." Brock mused as he finished suiting up. "Let's go."

"Hang on, Agrios...we're coming..." Ash vowed before putting on his mask and putting in his regulator...

---------

Michelle sighed as she led the line of divers near where she had spotted the base. [Hm...I could have sworn it was here...]

A whir of submarine engine got Brock's attention, so he signaled Michelle to look as a familiar submarine shaped like a Magikarp whirred by. [The rogues? Let's follow them.] Michelle smiled.

But before the divers could approach the base, all the divers balked as it surfaced, forcing Brock to signal the group to surface.

"PokeMaster01 calling Sapphire Spark, we found Agrios." Ash reported on a mini radio after removing his regulator. "He is apparently being used as a decoy for his mother..." he explained as the cage containing Agrios swayed in the wind near a large trap-like device at the east end of the base.

"Sapphire Spark to PokeMaster01, what's your plan from here, over?" Ritchie's voice crackled back.

"We plan to rescue Agrios and prevent the Rockets from capturing Asimona." Ash replied as he paddled over to a docking ramp, allowing the group to trade their fins for insulated boots Oliver had packed.

"I can see the trap for Asimona from here, PokeMaster01--do everything in your power to keep her away from that trap." Ritchie's voice cautioned. "Repeat, do everything in your power to keep Asimona out of that trap."

"Roger, Sapphire Spark--wilco." Ash replied.

He sighed. Thanks, Ritchie, for teaching me radio codes!

"The Rockets didn't even think to lock the cage holding Agrios..." Misty smiled as she climbed up on some crates in an attempt to free Agrios.

But before she could open the cage, everyone gasped as a large shadow sped towards the base. "Asimona!" Ash called. "Turn back! It's a trap!"

"Hold it right there!" a female voice demanded.

Ash whirled around to see Butch and Cassidy waiting for the group. "You guys...this is no reunion I wanted to have."

"Well, we're here, and we've got a little gadget to show ya." Butch smirked as he pressed a button on a remote, making the group gasp in surprise as as Butch's Hitmontop and Cassidy's Houndour started singing a familiar melody. [Gatrandis favel, secret, edena...]

"How is it possible your Pokemon can sing the Swanna Song?" Brock demanded as the Hitmontop and the Houndour continued [Emusto ronzen fine el balaziis...]

"Easy..." Cassidy pointed out an odd helmet the two Pokemon were wearing. "This new device not only forces our Pokemon to sing the Swanna Song, but boosts their abilities because of it!"

"Hit the deck!" Oliver called as the group scrambled to avoid a blue-white Flamethrower from Cassidy's Houndour.

Ash then remembered his emergency flashlight as Brock and Misty's Pokemon attempted to warn Asimona away, only to narrowly avoid one of Butch's and Cassidy's attacks. Maybe, if I signaled the boat, Ritchie will come!

He braced himself as a Rolling Kick with a red aura almost sent Brock and Misty flying, then started flashing SOS in the direction of the boat.

"Good thinking Ash..." Misty smiled as Ash continued signaling, and the boat started towards the base. "Fingers crossed Ritchie and his team can join us in time..."

"Zippo, Ash needs us!" a voice called, followed by the pop of a Poke Ball.

Ash heaved a relieved sigh as Ritchie and a Charmeleon arrived. "Am I glad to see you...can you take out that freak machine Butch has his and Cassidy's Pokemon wired to?" he asked, pointing out Butch increasing the power on the machine's control panel.

"I'll take one end, and you can take another." Ritchie replied.

Ash nodded, then heaved a Poke Ball skyward., "Cyndy, I need your help!"

"Flamethrower!" both boys called at the same time, incinerating the boosting machine before it could do lasting damage to Butch's and Cassidy's Pokemon. The impact of the attack also sent the two Rockets flying into their rivals, prompting a massive argument to break out between the two pairs of Rockets.

"That takes care of one problem, now to calm Asimona!" Ritchie pointed out Asimona about to send an Aeroblast at the base!

Gatrandis favel, secret, edena... Ash desperately sang, hoping all the while Asimona would listen to him.

His song complete, Ash collapsed with exhaustion into Brock's arms...

---------

Ash came to some moments later, only to balk when he saw that he and the others were inside a large cage. "What? How did THIS happen?"

"Your Swanna Song came too late." Misty sighed. "After you blacked out in Brock's arms, the Rockets caught Asimona and stuffed us all in here!"

"I'm at least glad you're okay, though." Brock replied. "Using the Swanna Song too much will wear you out...Oliver somehow managed to escape."

"But the billion credit question is...how do we get out of here?" Ritchie wondered...

To Be Continued...

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 91: A Promise is a Promise

Previously, on Pokemon Moonlight Silver...

Ash came to some moments later, only to balk when he saw that he and the others were inside a large cage. "What? How did THIS happen?"

"Your Swanna Song came too late." Misty sighed. "After you blacked out in Brock's arms, the Rockets caught Asimona and stuffed us all in here!"

"I'm at least glad you're okay, though." Brock replied. "Using the Swanna Song too much will wear you out...Oliver somehow managed to escape."

"But the billion credit question is...how do we get out of here?" Ritchie wondered...

The group waited in silence inside the cage, the whirs, bleeps, and bloops of machinery being the only sound in the room. "We don't have our Poke Balls..." Misty finally broke the uneasy silence some moments later.

"I obviously can't use kung fu to break this thing open..." Brock sighed. "Using my Swanna Song would also be too much of a risk..."

"Let's face it, we can't find the key or anything like that..." Ritchie sighed. "So unless you guys have any ideas, we're done for...we're probably going to be forced to sit back and watch as Team Rocket takes over the world..."

He was snapped from his thoughts by Dr. Namba entering the room. "So these are the intruders on the base..." he mused. "You've got VIP seating to watch my grand plan go into effect."

Ash wanted to say something in defiance, but Misty shushed him as Dr. Namba went on "You remember the odd headband on Butch and Cassidy's Pokémon that forced them to sing the famed song of the Swanna? They were part of a little experiment of mine that examined not just amplifying energy, but also anipulation--the manipulation of energy. If a single Houndour's power is amplified to a higher level to what it was performing at, think how powerful the energy would be from a Lugia if amplified."

The group gasped when they saw Tintri and Sparky restrained to a tiny gurney at the other end of the room. "Let me show you how this little mechanism works, by using the combined power of your Pikachus' Swanna Songs to destroy you!"

Seconds before Dr. Namba could call down two of the headbands onto Tintri and Sparky, a crash snapped the group and Dr. Namba to attention. "What?" he gasped as Oliver dashed over to the control console.

"Oliver!" Misty waved. "Can you get us out?"

"Working on it!" Olver assured Misty as he punched in the code to unlock the cage. "I managed to get the code from the Rockets that got me." he explained as the cage door opened, freeing the group.

Ash stretched as his feet hit the floor. "Your death ray sounds pretty cool, but let me show you something even cooler!" he taunted before he slammed into Dr. Namba, knocking him backwards and breaking off the hook holding Tintri and Sparky's gurney, sending the Pikachus falling to the floor.

[Thanks, Ash!] Sparky smiled.

[Hurry and break the controls before Dr. Wily here comes to!] Tintri pleaded, aware of the dazed Dr. Namba lying a few feet away from them.

"Already on it, bud." Ash smiled before slamming the hook into the console, breaking it.

"Your Poke Balls..." Oliver worked as fast as he could to deliver the group's Poke Balls to them.

"Thanks, Oliver." Brock smiled.

"We would've been toast if you'd come a little later!" Ritchie smiled as he reunited with Sparky.

Once sure everyone was reunited with their Pokemon, Brock motioned for the others to follow him. "We've got everything, so we need to go!"

The WOOP-WOOP-WOOP of the alarm got the group's attention. "I figured Dr. Wily wannabe would trip the alarm..." Ash grumbled as a crowd of Rockets surrounded the group, with Butch and Cassidy leading the way.

"Get ready!" Misty called as Butch summoned Hitmontop and Cassidy summoned Houndour, each of them wearing the odd headband.

"Rolling Kick headed your way!" Ritchie warned Sparky as Butch's Hitmontop barreled at Sparky.

"Watch out for that Flamethrower!" Ash warned as Cassidy's Houndour heaved a blue-white Flamethrower at Tintri.

As both Pikachus leaped away from the attacks meant for them, Ash looked over at Ritchie. "I have an idea--you with me?"

"Let's do this!" Ritchie smiled back.

"Okay, guys...see that headband Butch's and Cassidy's Pokemon are wearing?" Ash pointed out the band to the Pikachus. "I want both of you to aim the strongest Thunderbolt you can at it!"

[For Asimona and Agrios!] Sparky vowed.

[And for the safety of the world!] Tintri agreed.

[HAAAAAAAAAAHHH!] both Pikachus cried as they unleashed a nearly white thunderbolt, shattering the bands and knocking both Hitmontop and Houndour out from the sheer force of the attack.

"That takes care of the Pokemon, now where did their masters get to?" Ritchie wondered when the light and smoke cleared.

---------

"What are you doing?" Cassidy gasped as she and Butch discovered Jessie, James, and Meowth attempting to let Asimona out in another room some time later.

"A Legendary's more than a test subject!" Jessie shot back. "It would be a perfect gift for the boss, way better than that little electric rat!"

"If you want the Lugia so bad, you'll have to fight me for it!" With that, Cassidy summoned her Houndour.

The room erupted in chaos as Arbok and Victreebel clashed with Hitmontop and Houndour, with the fate of the silvery dragon bird helplessly looking on in the balance.

At first, the battle was too close to call--Butch and Cassidy struck first, but then Jessie and James would rally. Each side desperately hoped they would win, but with no clear advantage, it was hard to tell which pair of Rockets would ultimately prevail.

Just then, Cassidy's Houndour missed a Flamethrower. The wave of fire raced past Vitreebel, and instead hit one of the crystal locks holding Asimona prisoner. Butch's Hitmontop next tried a Rolling Kick, but it was intercepted by Victreebel's Vine Whip, hitting the second lock. Arbok got slammed into the third lock some seconds later, inadvertently freeing Asimona!

James gasped as Asimona angrily charged a familiar blue-white beam. "I have a bad feeling about this..."

Asimona fired her attack moments later, sending the Rockets flying into the sky. The force of the beam also forced the base to rise to the surface. making the many punctures and holes caused by Asimona's attacks visible to the world.

---------

"Good news--Jessie and James were toast." Misty reported to Ash, just as Butch and Cassidy caught up to the group in the hallway.

"Now to take care of Butch and Cassidy." Ash replied before taking a Poke Ball. "River, I need you!"

"Let's go, Cruise!" Ritchie commanded, summoning a rocky purple pupa-like Pokemon. "I got this Pupitar while exploring the mountains." he explained.

[Bye, Flame-pup!] River taunted as she fired a Water Gun at Cassidy's Houndour.

[You're going down!] Cruise taunted as he rammed into Butch's Hitmontop.

"Nice work, you guys." Brock smiled as he watched Butch and Cassidy hurry to tend to their Pokemon. "While you guys were busy with the Rockets, I found where Agrios is."

"Great! Let's save both Lugias and get out of here!" Ash smiled.

"You're not taking another step!" they heard a familiar voice say as they approached the room holding Agrios.

"Dr. Namba!" Misty gasped as sure enough, Dr. Namba summoned an Electabuzz wearing the odd headband device.

"You guys know what to do?" Ash smiled at both Tintri and Sparky.

[He's not gonna sing another note!] Sparky taunted as he and Tintri dashed out of the way of a Thunderpunch, creating a crater in the floor.

[HAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!] The Pikachus fired another white Thunderbolt, but gasped as the bolts bounced off a familiar yellow aura.

[Oh no...] was all Tintri could say before the Electabuzz struck back with a more powerful version of Thunderbolt, sending both Pikachu flying.

"So much for the direct approach..." Ritchie sighed as both Pikachus went on the defensive, dashing away from Thunderpunch after Thunderpunch

"No matter what we try, that Electabuzz seems to know what we're doing..." Ash was equally frustrated. "The Pikachus are lucky none of the Thunderpunches has landed yet..."

He suddenly noticed the tiny cell-phone shaped controller in its control dock--and that Dr. Namba was distracted with talking to some Rocket grunts. Maybe, if I break the controls, it will turn the Electabuzz back to normal!

"Tintri, can you distract the Electabuzz for a second?" he asked his Pikachu.

[Sure!] Tintri replied. He then fired a Thunderbolt at the Electabuzz, which countered with a Light Screen.

"Okay, Sparky, I want you to give Dr. Wily wannabe the shock of his life!" Ritchie instructed Sparky.

[Right!] Sparky replied before skittering up to Dr. Namba and delivered a huge Thunderbolt, shocking him and destroying the controls!

"It worked!" Ash cried as the Electabuzz returned to normal.

"This way!" Misty led the way inside the room as the Pikachus delivered a huge Thunder attack, popping the door open.

Ash, you came! Agrios smiled, relieved to see the group. Will you get me out of here and save Mama too?

"I'm working on that--let's get you out first." Ash assured the Lugia chick as he heaved a Poke Ball skyward. "Cyndy, burn a hole in the cage!"

"Michelle, see if you can rust the cage bars enough to free the baby Lugia!" Misty commanded as her Golduck materialized in the room.

[Whatever the Rockets were planning to do to this baby chick, it couldn't have been good.] Michelle mused before sending a Water Gun at the cage. Cyndy was nearby, toasting a few of the cage bars with a Flamethrower

After a few tense minutes, Cyndy reported back. [Okay, Michelle helped me make a hole, but it needs to be a little bigger for the Lugia to get out...]

Ritchie grinned at his Pupitar. "Cruise, can you go land everyone a hand?"

[Sure!] Cruise replied before ramming the weakened part of the cage, creating a hole large enough for Agrios to fit.

"Come on, sweetie..." Brock carefully cradled Agrios in his arms. "I've gotcha, so you're safe here."

"Let's find Asimona, and get out of here!" Misty called as the group dashed from the room.

The group rounded the corner just in time to see Asimona firing one Aeroblast after another. Where is my child? You evil humans will pay for Poke-napping my child! she screeched before firing another Aeroblast at a wall.

Gatrandis favel, secret, edena... Ash's voice snapped Asimona to attention.
    Emusto koron zen fine, si....

"Asimona...tá do leanbh sábháilte." Brock assured Asimona before showing her Agrios. Anseo tá sé.

A smile formed on Asimona's face. Thank you all...I knew you would keep your vow of bringing back Agrios to me.

A crack of a rafter that was about to fall snapped her to attention, and created a sparkling silver shield around the group as the rafter crashed to the ground.

"That was close..." Ritchie commented.

You have done a great thing for me, so it was only fair I protect you in return. Asimona smiled. Let us leave this place, and leave its remains here as a warning to those unworthy to command a Legendary!

----------

Mama! Agrios paddled as fast as his tiny flippers could go. I missed you!

I missed you too, little one. Asimona replied as she embraced Agrios. I hope our little adventure has taught you that not all humans are worthy of using our power.

I know... Agrios replied before looking back at the group. Thanks for saving me and Mama!

"Any time!" Ash called back as Asimona and Agrios returned to the water.

You are always welcome in our island home. Asimona's voice echoed across the water. Neither of us will forget how you helped us in our time of need.

"Aw..." Misty smiled as mother and chick frolicked in the water.

"Let's face it, I don't think we'll ever forget this." Brock smiled. "But tomorrow, we'll head back to Olivine for your long overdue Gym match with Jasmine."

"I wonder how Amphy's doing..." Ash mused before turning to Ritchie. "So, what's next for you?"

"I'm gonna stay here with Oliver and Luka for a while." Ritchie replied before hugging Ash. "It was great to see you again--be safe on your travels."

"We will." Ash replied. "Although if Brock decides to write an epic ballad about our adventure, you'll be the first to know."

"I'd come hear Brock play that anytime!" Ritchie replied, making everyone laugh as the sun sank beneath the waves...

To Be Continued...

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 92: Nerves of Steelix!

"...then once we got Asimona and Agrios out of there, we made a break for it." Brock explained as he and Misty finished telling Jasmine about their adventure back to Olivine.

"Ash was so happy to earn diving certification--he could not stop talking about how the baby Lugia headbutted him all evening." Misty added. "Even more than the reef."

"Sounds pretty exciting!" Jasmine smiled. "Amphy recovered very nicely after I gave her the medicine--she's good as new now."

"Where IS Ash, anyway?" Brock wondered--he had not seen Ash since they had woken up that day.

"Oh, he just wanted to get some last minute training in before the match." Misty assured Brock.

Just then, Ash arrived in the Pokemon Center's lounge. "Brock? Why is Argent out?"

"Argent is in his Poke Ball--I didn't let him out." Brock assured Ash.

"Then who is that other Steelix in the field near the Pokemon Center?" Ash wondered.

"That is Hagane." Jasmine replied. "He was so excited to battle you, he evolved."

"Really?" A smile formed on Ash's face. "Let's not keep him waiting any more, then!"

"All right, let's go to the Gym, then." With that, Jasmine led the group out into the shining sun and the glittering water as the harbor and the nearby market district came to life.

---------

"Here's how this will work...two of yours against two of mine. That all right?" Jasmine asked as Ash arrived in the arena with Tintri some time later.

"Works for me!" Ash grinned.

[Bring it on!] Tintri challenged.

"Okay...Coil, let's go!" With that, Jasmine heaved a Poke Ball skyward, revealing a Magnemite on the Gold side of the arena.

"Tintri, open with a Thunderbolt!" Ash commanded.

[HAAAAAAAHHH!!!!] Tintri fired a Thunderbolt, but balked as the Magnemite effortlessly flew out of the way. [What the?]

[You forget I can fly, Pikachu.] Coil taunted before firing a volley of yellow sparking waves that Tintri recognized as Thunder Wave.

"Watch out!" Ash called, but heaved a sigh of relief as Tintri darted off to the left, making the Thunder Wave impact on the Silver safety barrier.

Both Magnemite and Pikachu circled around each other for a while, hoping to wear the other side down before moving on to stronger attacks. Finally, Tintri attempted ramming Coil with a Quick Attack, but the attack did little damage. "Remember that Magnemite and its evolutions are also part Steel." Jasmine cautioned.

She noticed the dazed Pikachu and called "Try again with Thunder Wave!"

Tintri grimaced as the sparking yellow waves hit him. Focus, Tintri--Pikachus are naturally resistant to paralysis. he reminded himself.

After collecting his bearings, he dashed to ram into Coil again with another Quick Attack, sending the tiny magnet Pokemon bouncing across the floor.

Jasmine seemed unusually calm at the swirly-eyed Magnemite at her feet. "Nicely done." she smiled. "But can you Pikachu stand up to Hagane?"

[That's definitely not Argent....] Tintri gasped as Jasmine's Steelix towered over him.

"Thunderbolt's not gonna work here...try your Disarming Voice." Ash suggested.

Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... Tintri's voice rang through the arena, making the ruby in Ash's Mega Ring glow as the wave of shining sound waves went flying at Hagane.

He noticed Hagane's massive tail, now silver, coming in his direction, but eagerly jumped away. [Missed me!] he taunted.

Ash gasped as Hagane moved in with another Iron Tail, sending Tintri flying backwards. "That looked like it hurt..."

[I shouldn't have...taunted him...] Tintri wheezed. [I'm...sorry...]

"You did well, bud--we all make stupid decisions sometimes." Ash assured his companion as he weakly crawled back to the sidelines to rest.

"Both sides have one Pokemon apiece." the referee announced. "Make your second selection, Silver."

---------

"Cyndy, let's finish this!" Ash called as he heaved a Poke Ball skyward. "Start with a Flamethrower!"

"Hagane, whip up a Sandstorm!" Jasmine called.

"Is Jasmine trying to flummox Ash?" Misty wheezed in between coughing up sand as she watched Hagane burrow underground.

"Not just that, but hitting hard while Ash is distracted." Brock replied before coughing up some sand. "He has to find a way to dodge the attack if he wants to stay alive."

Ash, meanwhile, realized what Jasmine wanted to do. "Brace yourself, Cyndy!"

Sure enough, Hagane emerged with a glowing silver tail, but Cyndy jumped away from the Iron Tail, heaving another Flamethrower from behind Hagane.

Ash winced as the sand in the room absorbed the fire, seconds before a dust devil formed in the room. [I tried, Ash...what do we do now?] Cyndy asked.

"We wait for Hagane to emerge, and go from there." Ash replied.

Minutes seemed to tick by like hours, until the floor shaking tipped Ash off that Hagane was about to come out. "Get ready!"

Cyndy jumped away from Hagane's Iron Tail, and countered with a Flamethrower. [We need to try something else--this isn't working!]

"All right, clear the air with a Smokescreen!" Ash suggested.

Cyndy tried to fire a Smokescreen, but grimaced when Hagane whipped up another Sandstorm, blowing the smoke away.

When the sand and smoke cleared, Cyndy was nowhere to be found. "Where's Cyndy?" Misty wondered as Hagane looked around the arena in confusion.

"There!" Brock pointed out Cyndy inside a hole behind Hagane.

"Go, Cyndy!" Misty cheered as Cyndy heaved a Flamethrower at Hagane.

Angry from the blow, Hagane unleashed a flurry of Iron Tails, only for Cyndy to dodge every attack, Misty and Brock cheering all the while.

However, Ash did not see an Iron Tail come from behind Cyndy, sending her flying into the Gold safety barrier. "Oh no!"

"Is Cyndy down?" Misty was equally concerned.

Her worried look changed into a smile as Cyndy hopped up, seemingly none the worse for wear. "She may be down, but I don't think she's out just yet!" Brock smiled as he watched Cyndy race back into the arena.

Hagane lunged down to Crunch Cyndy, but Cyndy heaved a Smokscreen at the massive steel snake Pokemon before burrowing underground again.

"Hagane, try using Iron Tail to shake the ground!" Jasmine suggested. "That should flush the Cyndaquil from where it's hiding!"

Sure enough, Cyndy emerged on the surface as the arena rumbled with Hagane's attacks. She heaved another Flamethrower as Hagane attempted to burrow underground again. However, Cyndy boosted her fire, pinning the Steelix to the surface!

Maybe, if Cyndy's fire stays there long enough, it could turn the dust devil into a fire whirl! Ash thought as Hagane created another dust devil.

He sighed. "Cyndy, use Flamethrower at full power!"

His tense expression turned to joy as Cyndy unleashed another Flamethrower, turning the sand into a white-hot inferno!

When the flames cleared some moments later, Hagane collapsed in exhaustion. "Gold is unable to battle." the referee announced. "Silver wins!"

---------

"Well done." Jasmine smiled as she gave Ash a silvery badge shaped like a rock. "That was a match worth waiting for...you've earned this!"

"Thanks." Ash smiled as he admired his reflection in the badge. "Although, where to go from here? I still have two badges left to earn."

"Well, we could try going to Mahogany Town next..." Brock suggested as he studied the map of Johto in the guidebook. "We haven't even touched the eastern part of the region yet."

"That's a good idea--cutting through Ecruteak City would be a nice shortcut." Jasmine agreed.

"Thanks again for the match!" Ash called as he waved goodbye to Jasmine.

"Anytime--come see me again soon!" Jasmine called back as the group departed into the setting sun...

To Be Continued...

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 93: Espeon Not Included

"It's good to be back, Ecruteak City..." Ash smiled as the rooftops of the city came into view. "I've got a lot of amazing memories from our last trip--Misty and me earning Mega Rings, learning to play a bansi, winning my fourth badge..."

"Taking part in that Gekijou play..." Misty added.

"Earning my green Lore Stripe..." Brock smiled. "We definitely won't forget our time here."

"Let's make a pit stop before we go on to Mahogany Town." Ash suggested, motioning for his friends to follow him to a convenience store. "Best get some treats for the road!"

"And make a few more memories, while we're here." Misty agreed as the three friends made their way down the store's different aisles...

---------

"...I got a few non-perishable snacks we can eat if we can't get somewhere we can cook, and a few odds and ends from the Pokemon care section." Ash finished taking stock of what he had bought. "What did you guys get?"

"I replenished our water supply, some fizzy drinks, and replenished the batteries and first aid." Brock reported.

"I got a few little meals as emergency rations, and some treats for us to share." Misty reported before looking out on the square. "We should be meeting up with Sakura here before too long..."

Just then, a lavender twin tailed cat Pokemon ran towards the table the group was sitting at. "Satomi, wait for me!" Sakura called before spotting the group. "Oh, hi! Welcome back!"

"Good to see you again, Sakura." Ash smiled as he hugged Sakura. "We have so much to tell you!"

"Well, as you can see, Satomi has evolved into an Espeon, which completes our Eevee evolutions." Sakura smiled as she petted the lavender cat Pokemon.

Ash, meanwhile, decideed to read up on the twin-tailed cat Pokemon:

"Espeon, the sun Pokemon. It is extremely loyal to any trainer it considers to be worthy. It is said that this Pokémon developed its precognitive powers to protect its trainer from harm."

"That's actually very sweet..." Misty smiled.

"Have you learned any more new stories since the Lore Stage?" Sakura asked Brock, changing the subject

"Of course...and I've been practicing the vina you gave me." Brock replied, retrieving his vina and its fingerpicks from his bag.

Once Brock was in tune and ready to perform, he decided to play the excerpt of "The Scent of Flowers Everywhere" Sakura had played for him at the tea ceremony to signal his impromptu show was starting.

As the last note faded into the afternoon sky, he started the first tale that came to mind. "There was once a weaver--we'll call him Liam--who lived at the edge of a forest; and when he had nothing to burn, he went out with his daughter--we'll call her Fiona--to get wood for the fire..."

---------

"Oh!" Misty gasped as the Kimono Girls emerged from the house some time later, all formally dressed in kimonos."

"If you're curious as to why we've dressed up, it is not to welcome you three back." Kuni smiled.

"We are going to meet a famous dance instructor." Rei explained. "She's won a lot of awards for her choreography, and introducing Kanto and Johto traditional dance to a wide audience."

"Sounds cool! Have fun!" Ash waved goodbye as the sisters departed, leaving Sakura with the group.

"Misty...would it be okay if I battled you?" Sakura asked. "Satomi against one of yours?"

"Sure!" Misty replied.

"I can referee, if you'd like." Brock offered as Sakura drew the shape of a Poke Ball into the dusty path...

---------

"And three...two...one..." The sound of a whistle pierced the air as Misty summoned a coral-like Pokemon against Sakura and Satomi. "Meet Sango!"

Ash, however, read up on the odd pink and white coral Pokemon Misty had summoned:

"Corsola, the coral Pokemon. Its branches glitter very beautifully in seven colors when they catch sunlight. If any branch breaks off, it grows back in just one night."

"Neat...when did you get this Pokemon?" Ash asked.

"On the way back to Olivine, while you and Brock were digging for pearls in the shallows near the Whirl Island caves." Misty explained.

She gasped as Satomi rammed Sango with a Quick Attack! "Sango, use Recover!"

"What?" Sakura gasped. "Satomi, try Psybeam!"

"Sango, pin the Espeon with Spike Cannon!" Misty instructed.

Brock's whistle pierced the air as Satomi went flying into a tree, with hundreds of silvery spikes pinning her to the trunk seconds later. "Gold is unable to battle--Silver wins." Brock announced.

Sakura, meanwhile, just giggled as she picked out the spikes holding Satomi down. "You would make a good ninja, actually." she giggled.

Ash pictured Misty in ninja garb and chuckled for a moment, before some female grunts coming from farther down the road got his attention. After pocketing his Pokedex and motioning for Tintri to follow him, he followed the sounds down to a large rock.

He gasped when he found the sounds were coming from a black haired woman that had been bound and gagged alongside a girl with similar features. "Friend or foe?" the woman asked after Ash had undid the gag. "You're not one of those rogues, are you?"

"Peace, I'm a friend." Ash assured the woman as he worked to undo the woman's bindings, with Tintri working to free the girl. "Can you tell us more about the rogues who attacked you guys?" he asked as Misty, Brock, and Sakura arrived to help.

Sakura recognized the woman and the girl. "This is Ayane, the famed dancer and choreographer I was telling you about...the girl is her daughter and apprentice, Chika."

"They don't appear to be hurt at all..." Brock reported after looking both Ayane and Chika over for injuries.

"Can you tell us about the bad guys that caught you?" Misty asked Chika. "So we can try to teach them a lesson?"

"Well, I remember we were ambushed by a boy and a girl..." Chika explained. "...and their Meowth could talk, like in all the fairy tales."

Ash froze in terror at Chika's description. "You guys--the other Kimono Girls are walking into a trap! We have to warn them!"

"You go on and do that, we'll make sure Ayane and Chika are safe first." Misty replied. "Be careful!" she called as Ash hurried down the road.

Please, Arceus...I hope I'm not too late! Ash pleaded as he dashed down the road, trying to remember the route the Kimono Girls had taken.

---------

[Somebody, heeeeeeeeelp!!!] Yuzuki screamed as what the sisters thought was a back room collapsed to reveal a large Meowth head, Team Rocket's balloon!

"We were tricked!" Miki grumbled as Team Rocket laughed at the distraught Kimono Girls from the sky, just as Ash and the others arrived.

"The real dance teacher and her apprentice were ambushed by Team Rocket!" Ash explained. "Then they set up an elaborate trap to take all the Eeveelutions! Had we known sooner, we would have warned you!"

"No wonder our Eeveelutions were afraid to partake in the dance..." Rei mused. "An Arbok and a Victreebel make odd choices for dancing Pokemon..."

"What about the real dance teacher and her apprentice?" Miki asked.

"They're safe, and thankfully unharmed." Brock replied.

"Everyone, we shouldn't panic--I have an idea!" Sakura interjected. "Since everyone but Satomi was captured, those Team Rocket rogues will likely come looking for an Espeon to finish their heist. Why don't we use Satomi as bait to lure the balloon into arrow range for Brock to shoot?"

"You're an archer? Really?" Yuki gasped as Brock retrieved his archery gear.

"It's mainly for stage archery, but I've shot down Team Rocket before, and I can easily do it again." Brock assured Yuki.

Inside the balloon, Jessie did a headcount of the Eeveelutions. "Let's see here...we have Jolteon, Vaporeon, Umbreon, Flareon, Glaceon, Leafeon, and Sylveon."

Then something dawned on her. "Wait a minute...we're missing Espeon!"

---------

The others watched from a bush as Team Rocket scooped up Satomi with a bug net. "They've got her...now we'll follow them and confront them there." Misty instructed as she led the way down the path and into a forest, making sure to keep the Meowth balloon in view.

After winding through the underbrush, Ash led the way into a clearing, where he found James attempting to trap Satomi in a cage. "Satomi!" Sakura called. "I came to help you and the others!"

I knew you guys would come. Satomi smiled before using James' head as a springboard for an elegant backflip. Now we'll have our revenge!

"I'll help!" Misty volunteered, summoning Sango as Jessie and James summoned Arbok and Victreebel. "Give'em a real jewel of a headache with Power Gem!"

The Arbok and the Victreebel scrambled to get away, but ended up pinned to the ground with a sapphire whose facets rippled with water. Thanks! Satomi smiled as she fired a rainbow beam from the ruby on her forehead, confusing the human Rockets.

[And now, for the Cheri on top!] Tintri smiled before firing a massive Thunderbolt, sending the Rockets flying.

Satomi, meanwhile, send hundreds of shining stars at the cage holding the other Eeveelutions, breaking it open. [Thanks, Satomi!] Kawa smiled as she dashed to Kuni's side.

[You're our hero!] Midori agreed before running to Ayame's side.

Brock heard the hiss of a balloon taking off in the distance. "They won't be going very far." he smiled before he hurried up a hill and took aim as the Meowth balloon rose into the sky.

He fired a few seconds later. "Bullseye." he grinned as the Rockets spiraled off into the sky wth a ping.

---------

"Sayonee-san, may I set off on my own journey now?" Sakura asked as the group returned to the house later that evening.

Sayo smiled. "After you rescued our Eeveelutions today, I'd say you are more than ready!"

"Thank you!" Sakura hurried to hug Sayo, then addressed the others. "I plan to first go to Violet City..."

"Well, our next stop is Mahogany Town." Ash smiled as he watched Sakura pack her belongings.

"I'll never forget fishing you out of a river..." Misty grinned at Ash. "But you've come a long way from that hot-headed young trainer you once were...I knew we'd be friends forever when I found out you played music too."

She turned to Sakura. "Be safe on your journey, and have fun!"

"Oh I will." Sakura replied as she hugged Misty. "May we meet again one day, with new stories to share!"

To Be Continued...